Kansas City - Shooting at Superbowl Parade - Feb 14, 2024

It’s possible that the shooters were shooting at each other at this point, but to me, there’s a burst that sounds like automatic gunfire. I think one of these shooters had a Glock switch, an illegal device that converts a handgun to an automatic weapon. They’re highly innacurate, and would explain the high level of injuries (of course multiple shooters explains this as well).

I hear a single shot followed by bursts of gunfire.

It appears to me that innocent people where hit by miscreants firing full auto weapons that they couldn't control. JMO.

'feb 14, 2024 #kansascity #kansascitychiefs #lisalopezgalvan
One person died and 21 more were injured by gunfire, including children, in a shooting after the Kansas City Chiefs parade and rally Wednesday to celebrate their Super Bowl win. Radio station KFFI 90/1 FM identified the person killed as one of their DJs, Lisa Lopez-Galvan'.

It’s possible that the shooters were shooting at each other at this point, but to me, there’s a burst that sounds like automatic gunfire. I think one of these shooters had a Glock switch, an illegal device that converts a handgun to an automatic weapon. They’re highly innacurate, and would explain the high level of injuries (of course multiple shooters explains this as well).

I had to look that up, would it be something like this:

It’s a news story so I hope it’s okay to link.

I’m always asking my husband if the neighbors are shooting automatics with the rapid fire (I’m in middle of no where and sound carries) and he says they aren’t so it was interesting to hear what a converted gun sounds like.

I had to look that up, would it be something like this:

It’s a news story so I hope it’s okay to link.

I’m always asking my husband if the neighbors are shooting automatics with the rapid fire (I’m in middle of no where and sound carries) and he says they aren’t so it was interesting to hear what a converted gun sounds like.
Yup, that’s it. The issue is that they can be made at home with a 3D printer, or ordered from China. They’re becoming a major problem in big cities, and they’re showing up all across the US.

There’s lots of videos of cops and ATF agents shooting these, and even they can’t control them. No official word one was used here, but it makes sense to me based on the audio of the shooting.

I guess we are supposed to be numb by now.
But I’m not.
It hurts every time.
And it's been reported that the DJ who was shot and died was in her 40s and the mother of two children. A civic-minded community member doing her job of bringing joy to festivities in the community, and a mother of two children.

"This day and age, when people run, you run," Brady said.

Radio station KKFI said in a Facebook post Wednesday evening that Lisa Lopez-Galvan, host of “Taste of Tejano,” was killed in the shooting.

“This senseless act has taken a beautiful person from her family and this KC Community,” KKFI said in a statement.

1707977747238.jpeg

Mayor Quinton Lucas, who attended with his wife and mother and had to run for cover when gunfire broke out.

“I think that’s something that all of us who are parents, who are just regular people living each day, have to decide what we wish to do about,” Lucas said. “Parades, rallies, schools, movies. It seems like almost nothing is safe.”

Kansas City Mayor Quinton Lucas said he was present when gunfire erupted at the Kansas City Chief’s Super Bowl victory parade on Wednesday.

“When the shooting started, I like many others, ran and ran for safety,” he said, noting that he saw police officers running toward the gunfire as he fled.

An estimated 1 million people had gathered just steps away from Union Station in downtown Kansas City, Missouri, for the parade and rally to mark the Chiefs’ repeat championship win Wednesday, with players still on the stage when chaos erupted to the sound of gunshots. Multiple people were shot, including children, authorities said.

“We do not have a motive, but we are asking those who may potentially have any kind of information, a witness or video, to contact police,” the police chief said at a Wednesday news conference

Law enforcement personnel clear the area around Union Station following a shooting at the Kansas City Chiefs NFL football Super Bowl celebration in Kansas City, Mo., Wednesday, Feb. 14, 2024. Multiple people were injured, a fire official said.. (AP Photo/Reed Hoffmann)

Lisa Money, a resident of the city, was trying to gather some confetti near the end of the parade when she heard somebody yell, “Down, down, everybody down!”

At first Money thought somebody might be joking until she saw the SWAT team jumping over the fence.

“I can’t believe it really happened. Who in their right mind would do something like this? This is supposed to be a day of celebration for everybody in the city and the surrounding area. And then you’ve got some idiot that wants to come along and do something like this,” she said.

Fans gathered at Union Station for a rally on Wednesday to celebrate the Chiefs' Super Bowl win. The Kansas City Police Department confirmed that multiple people were shot.

State Rep. David Tyson Smith (D-Columbia) wrote in a post on X that he was at Union Station with his daughter when the shooting happened.

"My daughter and I were in Union Station this afternoon when everyone started screaming, ducking, and running out," he wrote. "As we sprinted outside, law enforcement was running inside. Much love to those officers. We have to stop this madness."

"I’m heartbroken, first of all, and I’m praying for the victims. I’m incredibly upset, disappointed. I was there with my wife, I was there with my mother. We never would have thought that we along with Chiefs players, along with fans, hundreds of thousands of people, would be forced to run for our safety today," Lucas said at the press conference. "I’ll let the investigation shake out before coming to any further conclusions, but I think the initial response absolutely is anger. We have done a number of these (Super Bowl parades) now. This is a day a lot of people look forward to, something they remember for a lifetime. And what they shouldn’t have to remember is the threat of gun violence marring a day like this, injuring them and their families."

I think it highlights that even with 800 police there that when weapons can fire so fast that in the time it takes for that first unexpected shot, to process the noise and where it is coming from, a huge amount of damage can be done.

"Hero couple who tackled gunman to the ground and disarmed him reveal how

'fight or flight instinct'

took over during Chiefs Super Bowl parade shooting."​

1707998551084.png

We've asked KCPD if they plan to have another press conference. Nothing announced yet.Also asking about suspects, IDs and motive. Will let you know as soon as I know more.

The aftermath at Union Station in Kansas City following the shooting that killed one and injured 22 others, including 9 children who were shot and hospitalized.

We've asked KCPD if they plan to have another press conference. Nothing announced yet.Also asking about suspects, IDs and motive. Will let you know as soon as I know more.

The aftermath at Union Station in Kansas City following the shooting that killed one and injured 22 others, including 9 children who were shot and hospitalized.

"Landscape after the battle"

1708011442907.png

Last edited:
Police are still searching for a motive after one person was killed and more than 20 were shot at the Kansas City Chiefs' Super Bowl rally Wednesday.More: https://trib.al/jSmFyDW #MorningInAmerica

I really don’t understand why LE can’t give some information on the people that were arrested or at least what may have started this all. They have that information and knowing it might allay some of the public’s fears and concerns.
Was it gang related, personal dispute gone wrong, robbery gone wrong, terrorism, possible terrorism, illegal immigrant gang, stupid young people? A few of these, if true, are probably going to embarrass some public officials, but people need to know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BabyGhoul
Back