Found Deceased AMBER Alert issued for 11-year-old Livingston, TX Girl - Audrii Cunningham

Status
Not open for further replies.
@PommyMommy I'm questioning the actual time/day she went missing. Who the heck was in charge here? According to your post above, I don't see this schmuck cooperating or talking at all, he knows the drill. IMO. I foresee this being a tough case unless that vehicle or stuff in her/his home has really good evidence that we're not privy to.
BBM My guess is that LE has tied the "other items that were found" to clothing she was wearing or things known to be in her backpack that morning. :( MOO

That is so disturbing. It today’s society, it’s not safe for children to walk to or from school. Fifty years ago everyone in my neighborhood walked a mile to school without incident. It’s different today.
It wasn’t great back then either. Over 50 years ago, when I was 11, as I walked home the mile from school, a man in a VW Beetle reached out, grabbed and groped me. I was too scared to tell anyone. Didn’t think I’d be believed. Next week, same thing happened to my friend. Incredibly, later that week I saw him AGAIN driving along our school walk route. This time I got his license plate. My friend told her mom. Her mom called police, she told my mom, they got the guy, he was charged, we went to court. Had to stand right next to him in front of the judge. Turned out he had been doing it to young girls all over the city. They ordered him to counseling. I hope it worked.

Credit to Websleuths, this is the first time in many years of discussing cases where I feel compelled to say:
I wish we had an environmental hydrologist here. A water ecologist.
What is the reality of this river, the dam, the recent storms?
Where could she be, with a nod to error ranges and uncertainty, if this man has chosen this moment to point out an accurate starting spot and an approximate date and time? (MOO: would be this suspect’s virgin attempt at truth telling, but we lose nothing by hoping)

FEB 19, 2024
[...]

In 2010, he was convicted of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Elic Bryan III was the victim in that case.

"We worked together at a quick car in Crosby changing oil. He seemed like an alright guy. He'd come over to hang out with me and my friends every now and again, then things went south with us," he said.

He says one night after some drinks at his house, McDougal tried to attack Bryan with a knife.

"He got drunk one night. We threw him out of the house, and he came back with a knife, slashed tires, tried to stab me with the knife. I had to run him off with a gun and the cops finally came out with dogs and got him," he said.

[...]

FEB 19, 2024
[...]

In 2010, he was convicted of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Elic Bryan III was the victim in that case.

"We worked together at a quick car in Crosby changing oil. He seemed like an alright guy. He'd come over to hang out with me and my friends every now and again, then things went south with us," he said.

He says one night after some drinks at his house, McDougal tried to attack Bryan with a knife.

"He got drunk one night. We threw him out of the house, and he came back with a knife, slashed tires, tried to stab me with the knife. I had to run him off with a gun and the cops finally came out with dogs and got him," he said.

[...]
I'm glad this man came forward to share his story publicly. I hope if others have something to say they will also come forward, even if only to LE or the tip line.

My fear is - there may be other victims out there, but they won't be adults. I really want to know how long he has been allowed to be around Audrii alone. Six months, a year, longer than that? Did he have free access to the house? Has he dated or attempted to date, anyone with kids in the past several years?

Right, I get it. Without admitting to anything. And investigators are making their own conclusions. How do they know he’s even being truthful about the locations, though?
He probably is not being completely truthful, but there is usually some to it. LE have to weed the truth out and his story is going to give them things they can prove or disprove.

Can someone explain where her dad was that morning ? ( the 15th ). Does he work overnight or leave for work very early ? What about the grandparent who was her guardian ? Wouldn’t one of them be able to say when Audrii left for school ?
Speaking of her dad, during the presser the Sheriff said that Audrii’s family (I can’t remember exactly, but I believe he specifically mentioned her father (if not others?) has been cooperative and is working with them to help find Audrii.

moo ymmv

He probably is not being completely truthful, but there is usually some to it. LE have to weed the truth out and his story is going to give them things they can prove or disprove.
This is why I believe that LE is seeking more CCTV footage. So they can figure out what parts he’s being truthful about. Although, if you ask me, I don’t think that he’s being truthful. And if he is, it’s very very minimal.

moo ymmv

That is so disturbing. It today’s society, it’s not safe for children to walk to or from school. Fifty years ago everyone in my neighborhood walked a mile to school without incident. It’s different today.
The data shows that stuff like this hasn't changed, it's just that we're more aware of it now. It was no safer back then, it's just that people were blissfully unaware that it happened.

I’m very curious about her previous attendance record at school and whether or not that affected the notification time, etc.

A student who never misses a day of school not showing up for the bus would probably raise a lot more red flags than a student with frequent unexcused absences, etc.

Why can't a family member verify that the backpack LE found belongs to AC? Surely someone in that house knew what backpacks she used. When did the father leave for work - did he leave the same day AC was reported missing or the day before? Has he returned from working away? We have no idea whether the day she was supposed to be on the bus is the actual day she was missing. I'm wondering who's covering for who.

This is why I believe that LE is seeking more CCTV footage. So they can figure out what parts he’s being truthful about. Although, if you ask me, I don’t think that he’s being truthful. And if he is, it’s very very minimal.

moo ymmv
Criminals like him arent completely dumb, he knows LE will work overtime to confirm his story and he hopes they buy it so he is going to tell them something they can use. If they are able to confirm any part of his story, which more than likely will be corroborated in some way then they know where he was and sadly the probable vicinity of where her body is.

Polk County Sheriff Byron Lyons said McDougal was a friend of Audrii's father. Lyons said McDougal was allowed to live in a trailer behind the house where Audrii lives with her father, grandparents, and other relatives in Livingston.

Lyons said McDougal promised to take Audrii to her bus stop, a few blocks from her Livingston home, early Thursday morning. They said he had taken her to the bus stop, in the area of Leisure Lane along Lake Livingston, several times previously and even took her to school if she missed the bus.

The sheriff told ABC13 that while McDougal admits to leaving the house with Audrii the morning she disappeared, he will not tell investigators what happened next.

Lyons said McDougal has agreed to take investigators to several locations, including the Livingston Dam, where investigators discovered what they believe to be Audrii's wet backpack.

The following is posted by Andy Kahan on his facebook page (see below). Andy Kahan is Director of Victim Services and Advocacy at Crime Stoppers of Houston, Texas.
Over the years, Andy has been very instrumental in getting Texas State Senators/Texas State Representatives to introduce and sponsor legislation that has become law.

You can click on Andy Kahan's name below (he has a public FB page) and read the comment he posted in the Comments.

Andy Kahan

star_filled_24_fds-gray-70.png
Favorites

I will be contacting State Representatives and State Senators this month to ask them to sponsor legislation to add offenders like McDougal who are convicted of ENTICING a CHILD to the Sex Offender Registry
If you would like to help me pursue this please let me
know
Time to be a catalyst for change!

1708408271978.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors