Found Deceased AMBER Alert issued for 11-year-old Livingston, TX Girl - Audrii Cunningham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Credit to Websleuths, this is the first time in many years of discussing cases where I feel compelled to say:
I wish we had an environmental hydrologist here. A water ecologist.
What is the reality of this river, the dam, the recent storms?
Where could she be, with a nod to error ranges and uncertainty, if this man has chosen this moment to point out an accurate starting spot and an approximate date and time? (MOO: would be this suspect’s virgin attempt at truth telling, but we lose nothing by hoping)
Really glad that the impressive water engineering team in Polk County was able to get the levels down to reveal and recover her body. There is no good here but at least there is closure for those who loved her, and Texas will take care of closing the book on this guy.

FEB 19, 2024
McDougal, who has a lengthy criminal history, was previously convicted of enticing a child in Brazoria County, records obtained by KPRC 2 show.
  • In March 2007, McDougal allegedly attempted to engage in sexual contact with a girl under the age of 17.
  • According to a grand jury indictment, McDougal removed another female from the bed where the victim was sleeping before he got in the bed with the victim and “(pulled) her pajama bottoms and panties down.”
  • ... records show he pled guilty to enticing a child, a third degree felony in Texas.
  • McDougal was sentenced to two years in Texas Department of Criminal Justice custody and given credit for 527 days, according to court documents.
  • He was not required to register as a sex offender.
Such a shame. I guess deals like that may happen when the state fears the victim might not make a good witness or would be further traumatized. But then we end up with monsters on the loose.

Of course, if parents willingly hire criminals to care for their kids, not much the Justice system can do about that. Except perhaps charge such parents with criminal negligence:

“(d) A person acts with criminal negligence, or is criminally negligent, with respect to circumstances surrounding his conduct or the result of his conduct when he ought to be aware of a substantial and unjustifiable risk that the circumstances exist or the result will occur. The risk must be of such a nature and degree that the failure to perceive it constitutes a gross deviation from the standard of care that an ordinary person would exercise under all the circumstances as viewed from the actor's standpoint.”

Such a shame. I guess deals like that may happen when the state fears the victim might not make a good witness or would be further traumatized. But then we end up with monsters on the loose.

Of course, if parents willingly hire criminals to care for their kids, not much the Justice system can do about that. Except perhaps charge such parents with criminal negligence:

“(d) A person acts with criminal negligence, or is criminally negligent, with respect to circumstances surrounding his conduct or the result of his conduct when he ought to be aware of a substantial and unjustifiable risk that the circumstances exist or the result will occur. The risk must be of such a nature and degree that the failure to perceive it constitutes a gross deviation from the standard of care that an ordinary person would exercise under all the circumstances as viewed from the actor's standpoint.”

He was not required to register per the article, it is possible the family did not know, what his history was it was 17 years ago, they may have only met him in the last decade. I personally think he would have some weird energy and make me suspicious but we don't always see what is in front of us.

I hate this world
((( Hugs ))) , @GrandmaKittyLovesMLE . :(

I still believe for every heinous perp out there, there are still thousands (if not more !) of people who are kind and decent and would never dream of harming an innocent.
Thinking of some other cases where people turned out to search for a missing child, and there are so many who will take vacation days or whatever to help look !
IMO, the good people far outweigh the evil, and I couldn't bear to believe otherwise.
Omo.

Last edited:
If she was found on land, there will be more evidence preserved ?
Sorry, graphic warning :

Does anyone know -- if she was thrown into water -- does it mask things like bruising, after a few days ?
Omo.

Eta : Found in the river. :(
I'm not going into much detail here since this is someone's child but, it can. Artifacts introduced by decomposition obscure external morphologic features of the individual (meaning that the usual postmortem changes of vascular marbling and the dark discoloration of skin and soft tissue may make bruising prior to death more difficult to distinguish.) Additionally, The body itself may be moved by the current, creating marks that can be mistaken for injuries. Working with children in such cases is so heart rending.

Poor baby, I hope you didn't suffer very much. Rest in peace.
Such potential lost, an entire lifetime taken away so soon. For what? How he could ever believe he wouldn't be caught almost immediately? I just don't understand why this keeps happening over and over.
The most innocent of us taken so violently by the most evil. FOR WHAT???
I’ve been following crime since 1984. And on Websleuths since 2003. And I still can’t understand. I have the exact same questions you do.

Sheriff was trying not to break down. Sounds like the DA is trying not to, as well.
Yep.

So sorry for the people tasked with Audrii's recovery, and the autopsy of what was once a vibrant, beautiful child.
They have to see what we're shielded from.
This will linger on their minds, and I wouldn't be surprised if some people decide to leave a profession due to the emotional toll. :(

He was not required to register per the article, it is possible the family did not know, what his history was it was 17 years ago, they may have only met him in the last decade. I personally think he would have some weird energy and make me suspicious but we don't always see what is in front of us.
True. However, I believe he has a lengthy criminal history. And much more recent than 17 years ago. But you’re right. Unless it could be proved that a parent knew about someone’s history and still allowed that person to watch their kid, there is no way it would come close to being criminal.

Those of us who would entrust the care of our vulnerable, beautiful child to an unrelated male with no housing of his own and a body full of prison tatoos, are allowed to do so.

Of course in the end, it’s hard to comprehend such a level of evil could occur with someone you know, depending on how you feel about them.

True. However, I believe he has a lengthy criminal history. And much more recent than 17 years ago. But you’re right. Unless it could be proved that a parent knew about someone’s history and still allowed that person to watch their kid, there is no way it would come close to being criminal.

Those of us who would entrust the care of our vulnerable, beautiful child to an unrelated male with no housing of his own and a body full of prison tatoos, are allowed to do so.

Of course in the end, it’s hard to comprehend such a level of evil could occur with someone you know, depending on how you feel about them.
something the family will have to live with for the rest of their lives now, another level of pain. I hate to say it but sometimes, trust no one.... Just my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sofamusic