Found Deceased AMBER Alert issued for 11-year-old Livingston, TX Girl - Audrii Cunningham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Source: FOX 26 News - Houston, TX

Published February 20, 2024 2:46PM

Updated 4:15PM

Snipped:

Polk County DA Shelly Sitton says that based on the evidence, an arrest warrant is in progress for Don Steven McDougal, 42. He faces a capital murder charge, which means he will be eligible for the death penalty.

McDougal was arrested on Friday for an unrelated Aggravated Assault charge.

I hate typing this, but : It's possible she was abused on an ongoing basis and was finally brave enough to say she was going to tell on him , so he silenced her forever ?
An eleven year old. :mad:
Imagine the fear if he'd been threatening her with god knows what ?
Threats to her family, or even siblings ? (not sure, but I think there are siblings ?)
Omo.
It’s possible. Maybe they talked about the subject in school, and she began to think. The other possibility: He had fantasies, and finally acted on them. Both are possible.

And if he wasn't caught, he would be in attendance at her funeral.

IIRC he was never made to register as a S.O.
No he isn't, it has been confirmed more than once he was not a registered SO
I"m trying to understand why he wasn't a registered SO? If he was enticing children, he is a predator to children. I apologize for getting this wrong.

Source: KPRC (NBC) - Houston, Texas

Published: February 20, 2024 at 2:33 PM

Updated: February 20, 2024 at 4:42 PM

From the above link:

“Lyons said they were able to locate Audrii’s body with the substantial amount of evidence provided by witnesses cellphone video, several points of interest provided by the person of interest and surveillance videos.

He said investigators also used evidence collected from cellphone analysist and information they received from 42-year-old Don Steven McDougal.

“We start talking about how we link in evidence to McDougal and linking evidence to this case. We want to be very careful of how we do that and will feel safe to say there is substantial evidence through the evidence that we’ve gathered,” Lyons said. “And so that evidence was even gathered by the the wonderful witnesses and wonderful folks out there in the social media who sent those videos, who sent those pictures. So that even that evidence helped us to be able to come up with these locations, as well as the evidence from cellphone videos.””

[…]

““He was a friend of the family, a friend of the father, and he was allowed to live there in a trailer behind the house,” the sheriff said.”

Absolutely heartbreaking news - RIP Audrii beautiful girl. You’re free from that monster now.

I am glad her body has been found so she can get the send off she deserves - I’m sure the whole community will be out in force for her.

I’m also glad she’s been found as it takes the power out of that MONSTERS hands - he’s probably loved the attention he’s got over the last few days sending LE on a merry go round all over the place - LE has probably had to be ‘nice’ to him as well to try to entice him to lead them to her body. That stops now.

The bit in the press conference that got me was about ‘videos shared on social media’ I really hope that isn’t what I think it could be.

My thoughts go out to all the services that have been looking for her and of course to her family and friends.

RIP Audrii
X

Last edited:
I have been on WS for close to 20 years and I have never broken down over a case, ever. But I'm sobbing my eyes out thinking of this sweet girl stopping to pet that dog every morning on her way to the bus. Oh, Audrii, I hope you had love in your short life, and joy. I'm so sorry you were so failed by the people around you. My heart is so broken for you.

I'm also thinking of McDougal's first (known) victim and the pain she must be feeling today. The crime perpetrated against her should have meant this man was never around children again. Another failure.

Source: KTRK (ABC) - Houston, Texas

Tuesday, February 20, 2024 5:14PM

This Link includes the Press Conference by the Polk County Sheriff Byron Lyons, etc.

Thinking of the mom. We don't her story yet. But as someone who professionally studies DV, we do know that moms who disclose DV and CA are more likely to lose custody, even when the allegations are true. To the point that many lawyers advise them not to even speak of the abuse they or their kids have been subjected to during custody proceedings. (See link at bottom.)

Even if she lost custody due to drug addiction or whatever, I'm not ready to view her as anything other than a mother grieving the worst thing a parent could endure, unless I see evidence otherwise.

Has anyone seen or heard anything from the father ?

Source: KETK (NBC) -- Tyler, Texas

Updated: Feb 20, 2024 / 04:57 PM CST

Snipped:

“There is substantial evidence, through the evidence we’ve gathered, and some of that evidence was even gathered by the wonderful witnesses and wonderful folks out there in social media who sent us videos, who sent us pictures,” Polk County Sheriff Byron Lyons said. “Even that evidence helped us come up with these locations, as well as evidence from cell phones and videos to pinpoint these locations.”

Cell phone analysis, videos collected by authorities and information from McDougal helped pinpoint several points of interest in the search for Audrii.

Snipped:

“We were able to contact TRA, Trinity River Authority, and they slowed down the outflow from the reservoir and it allowed the water to go down, and her body was discovered there in the water,” Lyons said.

something the family will have to live with for the rest of their lives now, another level of pain. I hate to say it but sometimes, trust no one.... Just my thoughts.
Wish i couple quadruple like this comment. I hate that this is where we are, but really Trust No One!!! Especially the skezzey nazi tattoed guy w priors w children...!!!

Right? I don't understand how in the world he thought he would get away with this.
Long criminal history- check
Last to be seen with her- check
Acting suspicious on the day she went missing- check
Providing information to LE- check
MOO I don't think the perpetrator thought about anything at all.

It's likely he'd been watching for an opportunity and when it presented itself he acted on some sick autopilot without a thought, care, concern about anyone else.

His vile mind cannot be understood.

His heart and soul are rancid with decay.

He is the personification of evil.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members