Found Deceased AMBER Alert issued for 11-year-old Livingston, TX Girl - Audrii Cunningham

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have edited my post now as I can't find the photo with the father now, but there are plenty of McDougal shirtless all the same.

Texas cops made the tragic announcement on Tuesday that they have found the body of Audrii Cunningham, an 11-year-old girl who vanished last week.

Cunningham was last seen on Thursday after she disappeared on her way to school. She was allegedly dropped at a bus stop
by a neighbor, who is now set to be charged with her murder.

Family friend of Audrii's father, Don Steven McDougal, who lived in a camper out the back of the girl's home, is set to be charged with her murder.

Red bolding mine.
The perp wasn't a 'neighbor', he was a roommate or friend who resided on the property.
I haven't read if he paid rent but I expect SM did not contribute much.

The D.M. is good for photos :rolleyes:, in this article they have most of the main facts correct, imo -- as in similar to what the rest of msm has reported ?
The pics of the perp make me nauseous, and would have even before the murder of Audrii.
His attitude seems to be one of :"You'll never pin anything on me !".
Omo.

Last edited:
In lots of his fb posts he is not wearing a shirt. I don't think there is any doubt the family knew at least that much about him.

In my opinion they knew the other stuff too, but that's my own speculation not fact at all.
That is very possible, my neighbor allowed a registered SO to move into her home. The adult daughter came to my house and told me, He had only exposed himself in public and a girl under 12 saw so he had to register. I looked up his record and found, it was his 3rd offense of indecency with a child under 12. I told her he better never step foot on our property. Sometimes ppl believe the crap these monsters tell them but that doesn't get them off the hook. This was 100% preventable.

What a gut punch. Yes, it was what most expected, but still so painful. :(

My prayers go out to everyone who loved this beautiful little girl, for all who searched for her, and for those who will now seek justice.

Rest peacefully, Audrii.

1708483569452.png

After reading all this and thinking this through, I really wish all schools would require bus drivers to contact the school when a child doesn't show up for the bus. They could at least find out if the child's parent or guardian called to report the child would be absent and make contact with the parent or emergency contact if not before school even starts for the day. I know this might be difficult for very large school districts, but at least parents would know hours before school was dismissed for the day that their child wasn't there. You never know when it could make a difference. Sadly, IMO it's too late for Audrri.
ETA-when I was in school, parents were always calling to report that their child would not be in school. (Before 1995).
Where I live, there are schools that don't check up on absent kids, because the absentee rate averages 25% or more on any given day.

There have always been people like him. I know someone who was SA'd on her way home from school in the '60's. He wasn't caught. I do wonder if it happens more often now, though.
It gets reported more nowadays. Our modern society has big problems, but people who experience this kind of horror are going to be much more likely to be believed than they were just a few decades ago.

“The world will never be the same without her presence” - statement from friend of Audrii Cunningham’s mother after investigators recovered the 11-year-old’s body in the Trinity River today - a horrific ending after 5 days of searching. Latest on capital murder case at 10 @KPRC2

I just wish Audrii had the chance to experience as much love in her lifetime as she's been getting from us these past few days, and that we would never have heard of her unless we knew her personally, or she had become famous for doing something good.

Audrii, I can't wait to meet you myself when I get to heaven. Tell my dad hello, and my grandparents too.

What a gut punch. Yes, it was what most expected, but still so painful. :(

My prayers go out to everyone who loved this beautiful little girl, for all who searched for her, and for those who will now seek justice.

Rest peacefully, Audrii.

View attachment 484828
It really is a gut punch too.
I cant even understand this (modsnip: circumventing profanity filters) ... he is probably the most scary offender I have heard of since Hadden Clark.
Attempting to understand ,makes me physically feel like I am about to throw up.

Last edited by a moderator:
My heart aches with this news and I express with my deepest sympathies and condolences to everyone who knew, who cared for, and loved Audrii.
Byron Lyons, Polk County Sheriff
"At this time, I sadly announce, that Audrii's body was located at the Trinity River, under U.S. Highway 59," Lyons said. "As a result of today's developments, I will discontinue the AMBER Alert for Audrii."

"The information we have gathered in this criminal investigation is substantial," Lyons said. "The sheriff's office, we will continue to process the evidence that has been gathered to ensure justice for Audrii."

Lyons and Polk County District Attorney Shelly Sitton were both reluctant to share any other details about how Cunningham's body was located or what may have led to her death, due to the ongoing investigation.

Sitton said Tuesday afternoon that McDougal is expected to be charged with capital murder in the death of Audrii Cunningham. She said if the evidence in the case supports pursuing the death penalty as a punishment, they would do that. A capital murder conviction in Texas carries a punishment of either life in prison without parole or death.

*eta:
Polk County District Attorney Shelly Sitton said officials were preparing an arrest warrant for Don Steven McDougal, 42, on a recommended charge of capital murder. She said they do not yet know if they would seek the death penalty in the case.

Last edited:
In this case, she was least safe in her own home!

RIP, Audrii.
That’s the majority. It’s not total strangers…the majority of these disgusting heartbreaking abuses and murders of little boys and girls and family or friends of family. heart sickening news for little Audrii. So unfair to have died that way so young.

When asked by reporters how Audrii was killed, Sitton said, “I cannot speak to that.”

Lyons added authorities also used cell phone data and video to help find her remains.

He was also convicted in 2010 and 2019 for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

The victim in the first case, which led to a four-year prison sentence, told CNN on Tuesday that McDougal, his former coworker, attacked him after being thrown out of his house.

“He showed up with some other friends that I had,” Elic Bryan said. “We ended up throwing him out of the house and he came back with a knife.”

“He came at me with the knife, and I had my shotgun, and I hit him in the face with it,” Bryan said. “I had no idea he was that kind of person.”

McDougal had joined in the search efforts for the missing girl, the sheriff told CNN earlier Tuesday.

“Some of the witnesses have even said that he was in the community and knocking on doors … asking have they seen her,” the sheriff told CNN.

“To me, it simply tells me is that he’s trying to give the appearances that he has no play or he’s not at fault in her disappearance and that (he’s) part of the concerned parties who were trying to locate her.”

A comment of “I’m not guilty,” from a Facebook account appearing to belong to McDougal was added under a post on the Facebook page “True Crime Society” the day after Audrii Cunningham was reported missing.

Last edited:
Correct. I wasn't able to embed the video of his 2019 bleu Suburban.

However, I immediately placed a call to DD to assure my youngest GD, 11yo, is still being taken to school by car since she began attending a school near their home in AUG. Sure my SIL arrives at work earlier than he wishes but the sacrifice is we know she's safe.

This little angel had a stack against her what with living with two grown men. No offense intended to grown men raising their children.

Why is it that predators almost always kill their victims? Nearly zero SA victims survive to live another day. There comes a time when society needs to study this policy of repeat child predators [offenders] being released to harm again.

MOO I don't know to what extent this child may have suffered.

[bbm]

?? there's millions of SA victims who live to see another day

“The world will never be the same without her presence” - statement from friend of Audrii Cunningham’s mother after investigators recovered the 11-year-old’s body in the Trinity River today - a horrific ending after 5 days of searching. Latest on capital murder case at 10 @KPRC2
it's my understanding the mother lost custody years ago and had no interaction with Audrii. Why is her friend making a statement like she knew the child? So odd.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blackburne