MO - 2nd woman found dead in firefighter's home - Frontenac, MO (suburban St. Louis)

MO. Statute: Life Ins. Policies & Suicide Clause
TYVM.
@asmi106082 Good that Websleuths has many talented ppl w experience, like you, in different fields.

Yes, the suicide-exclusion-period clause prevents (well, discourages) a person planning a suicide from buying a LI policy, then committing suicide w'in that exclusion period (that is, assuming they are aware of it. W bigger picture planning, they may wait until exclusion period has expired and the death benefit will be paid).

I posted* link & quoted Mo law, re ONE YEAR suicide exclusion.
Life Ins policies --- issued or delivered in MIssouri --- may "exclude or restrict coverage" for a "suicide... within one year from the date of the issue."

Police in St. Louis County, Missouri, say the investigation into the death of Grace Holland in 2020 is “still classified as a suspicious death and remains active.” Sergeant Tracy Panus told The Daily Beast in a statement that a report on Holland’s death was sent to the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office in early December, and it is up to prosecutors to decide if the case warrants any criminal charges.

Sarah Sweeney, a podiatrist, wrote to her former coworker and friend, Danielle Mankunas, about her concerns on the morning of March 17, 2022.

“I have had to move in with my boyfriend the “murderer’” [sic] which has been scary at times,” she wrote in messages viewed by The Post.

At the time, Sweeney was mulling a lawsuit against her former employer, Dr. Franklin Harry and his Best Foot Forward (BFF) clinic, and was trying to persuade Mankunas to support her effort despite the financial and professional risks.

In November 2022, she filed a complaint accusing Harry and his business of sexual harassment, gender and disability discrimination, and retaliation during the brief stint that she worked there in 2021, the documents showed.

Last edited:
I actually worked with this guy a few years ago.
Oh wow hey. Did you work at the same station? Did you know him very well? My bro is a firefighter.

If you have a fair amount of info about this guy, you might consider being a verified insider on this case. Just an option...

Welcome to Websleuths, brolland.

Sorry having uploading issues . I will attach the file as soon as i can. Text messages between Rob and Grace. These are from the police file which is public information due to the Sunshine law in their state. The investigators retrieved the messages from Rob’s phone. ( Posted with permission from Tricia Griffith).

Thanks, I hope to watch this later. Great work.

Text messages between Rob and Grace. Detectives retrieved these from Rob's phone. These are from the Police files which are public information due to the Sunshine law in their state. (Posted with permission from Tricia Griffith)Rob Grace Texts Rob Phone Redacted.pdf
That's quite the read! It has changed my impression of the whole situation. I'm now more convinced that the death of the first girlfriend was a suicide. They had a very unhealthy relationship where one wanted a life together, and the other did not.

I'm curious about autopsy results for Sarah Sweeney.

That's quite the read! It has changed my impression of the whole situation. I'm now more convinced that the death of the first girlfriend was a suicide. They had a very unhealthy relationship where one wanted a life together, and the other did not.

I'm curious about autopsy results for Sarah Sweeney.
Not wanting a life together could be considered a motive for murder. I think he played her for sex, controlling every aspect of their lives and she obviously wanted to get pregnant thinking that would somehow bring them closer together and keep him from leaving her. Definatly some mental issues on both halves.

The text message about "No you wanted to play guns" is a little baffeling also. (Page 226 of text messages)

I can't get over the fact that Grace was right handed, but the entrance wound was to her left forehead and the gun was supposedly found near her right hand.

The medical examiner, according to one of the phone calls the detective made to their office, said the bullet entered the left Frontal bone with a slight front to rear wound track and the bullet hit and fractured the right Temporal bone. The bullet never left an exit wound. It's hard to imagine someone holding gun in such a way to shoot themselves like this, holding the gun in the wrong hand and not actually shooting themself in the side of the head, but further forward on their forehead.

According to a Webslueth YouTube video produced by @Tricia, there was a picture of Grace holding a gun to her head using her left hand with her left thumb on the trigger. If she held the gun like this to shot herself, there should have been an abrasion or bruising to her left thumb from when the gun was fired. The gun would have likely fallen out of her hand when shot since it's very hard someone to grip the gun using their thumb as the trigger finger while pointing it at the left side of their head or forehead. She would have essentially been holding the gun backwards in her hand. (Try and picture yourself holding a gun like that and think about shooting yourself in the forehead.)

JMO

Phone call to medical examiner:
YouTube video:

Text messages: Rob Grace Texts Rob Phone Redacted.pdf

Not wanting a life together could be considered a motive for murder. I think he played her for sex, controlling every aspect of their lives and she obviously wanted to get pregnant thinking that would somehow bring them closer together and keep him from leaving her. Definitely some mental issues on both halves.

The text message about "No you wanted to play guns" is a little baffling also. (Page 226 of text messages)

I can't get over the fact that Grace was right handed, but the entrance wound was to her left forehead and the gun was supposedly found near her right hand.

The medical examiner, according to one of the phone calls the detective made to their office, said the bullet entered the left Frontal bone with a slight front to rear wound track and the bullet hit and fractured the right Temporal bone. The bullet never left an exit wound. It's hard to imagine someone holding gun in such a way to shoot themselves like this, holding the gun in the wrong hand and not actually shooting themself in the side of the head, but further forward on their forehead.

According to a Websleuth YouTube video produced by @Tricia, there was a picture of Grace holding a gun to her head using her left hand with her left thumb on the trigger. If she held the gun like this to shoot herself, there should have been an abrasion or bruising to her left thumb from when the gun was fired. The gun would have likely fallen out of her hand when shot since it's very hard someone to grip the gun using their thumb as the trigger finger while pointing it at the left side of their head or forehead. She would have essentially been holding the gun backwards in her hand. (Try and picture yourself holding a gun like that and think about shooting yourself in the forehead.)

JMO

Phone call to medical examiner:
YouTube video:

Text messages: Rob Grace Texts Rob Phone Redacted.pdf
I don't really believe that this was murder anymore.

I think the first girlfriend wanted a large home in an exclusive neighbourhood for herself and her 4 daughters ... with health benefits and a dog. My understanding from reading the texts is that, after her divorce, she moved home with her parents. That is where she spent time with her daughters when they were away from their home. The rest of the time, the children lived in the family home with their father. She desperately wanted marriage, and especially the benefits that came with a marriage to a firefighter. Even when he implied that he was bi-sexual, she didn't care, she still wanted marriage. Even after the miscarriage, she still wanted his health benefits.

I agree that the bullet to the left side of the head is unusual for a right-hander, but after reading those text messages, I'm open to the possibility that it was an intentional decision to frame the suicide as a murder.

As for the "play guns" comment, it's hard to say. In the discussion about her job, she implies that it is his fault that she is not working, whereas he says more than once that she quit her job because she wanted to find a new job. She doesn't disagree, but she circles back to the accusations more than once. First it's his fault, then it's her decision and she blames covid. It's hard to say whether she posts comments to create a paper trail, or because it is true.

Wow. If it’s true that the opposite of love isn’t hate it is indifference, then those two were definitely in some sort of twisted love affair. While he was cruel, she seemed delusional

I'm somewhat confused by the discussion of evicting her four daughters and their father from their family home so that Grace could contribute +/- $30k towards the Conway Road home.

According to text messages, Grace and the firefighter were in a relationship for 4 years. That suggests that her ex-husband was raising the children in the family home for at least four years. She visited with her children at her parents' house. I doubt any court would agree to evicting the family even if Grace had a big house.

From what I have researched about Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAT), the life threatening disease Sarah Sweeney supposedly had, it's not a disease that someone would just suddenly drop dead from. Does anyone have any information that differs?

I understand that RD was supposedly not home and at work when Sweeney apparently died, but that doesn't guarantee that he was not involved in her death.

At this time, I'm inclined to believe that the firefighter has had some difficult challenges over the past few years. First, there is the unhappy four year relationship with the unemployed mother of 4 who wanted him to provide a baby, home, health benefits, and exclusive neighbourhood lifestyle. That ended with suicide, but some blame him. His next relationship ends with an unexpected death due to a known health issue.

Autopsy Report's conclusion on Grace Holland's MoD was suicide, yes?

But cowabunga, that series of texts between the two seem to have set a new high of INCOMPATIBILITY for COUPLES.

Just from reading their texts w no other info, imo seems MoD could have been homicide or suicide.
Whew, so much anger on both sides.
imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hongwuzhiye59