Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hypothetically, if SM has been targeted by someone/s she knows, I am guessing they must have been very familiar with her running routes and routine to plan an attack/abduction. Presumably that would not be a huge pool of suspects.

I found this comment interesting... as though they know exactly who was involved and that that person is not a threat... unlike a random weirdo in the bush.
That's a possibility, or I still have my hackles up on the "campers" that came out in the beginning, especially since the male camper somehow lost his apple watch which pinged in the same area SM's device last pinged.

Last edited:
Hypothetically, if SM has been targeted by someone/s she knows, I am guessing they must have been very familiar with her running routes and routine to plan an attack/abduction. Presumably that would not be a huge pool of suspects.

Well,
She informed about her morning run during dinner the previous night, didn't she?

Right along with "Sam has been found".

There might be nothing worse in a missing persons case than not knowing where your loved one is.

imo
Off topic a bit. My beloved 3 yo cat went missing years ago. The agony of searching and never knowing what happened was agony. Can't imagine how Samantha's kids must be feeling.

Maybe ‘another party’ is that, for example, they have phone data that shows two other phones being in the vicinity of Sam’s last ping? Can they look at any phone data in the area under Australian law?
That's what I think, in a quiet area and suddenly some other pings from mobiles and data have been picked up at the same time.
Obviously, the people of interest knew she would be out jogging that morning as well and what path she would be taking

I wonder if the family smash repair business has had anyone come in and ask to repair any suspicious panel damage. Now that would be ironic!
I do wonder about the possibility of a disgruntled worker but don't really want to speculate any further than that.

I guess we need to have faith in the police investigating this and trust that they know what they're doing. I'm still amazed at how they actually found Russell Hill & Carol Clay. Obviously cctv & phone pings can have a lot to do with locating missing people however, these things take time.

Thanks, I haven't been closely following.

In my imagining, police may have asked family about whether she would go there for any reason, and it was leaked.

IMO, a very big piece of evidence. Pings don't lie.

JMO

If it was leaked, which time is it? 7pm or 5pm? That's why I think it could be an unfounded rumour.

@SLouTh has posted (and linked) previously, polair was up searching before either of those times, and it has been stated early on that they were searching that area due to the last ping.

imo

Last edited:
I’d love to know what the phone / watch data was that they have found that led them to the Mount Clear area. They’ve obviously been able to tap into her GPS from phone or watch to determine she made it to Mt Clear within an hour from leaving home. I wonder if then they’ve discovered an altered heart rate, her movement has stopped, or then sped up (vehicle speed).

How long does an Apple Watch continue to track GPS data / share it with the cloud…? Can you turn an Apple Watch off (I’m a Garmin watch girl)

I guess we need to have faith in the police investigating this and trust that they know what they're doing. I'm still amazed at how they actually found Russell Hill & Carol Clay. Obviously cctv & phone pings can have a lot to do with locating missing people however, these things take time.
This ^^ is what gave me faith in VicPol. They found the needle in the proverbial haystack.

This ^^ is what gave me faith in VicPol. They found the needle in the proverbial haystack.

Vicpol have been very good at closing all of the Vic cases I have followed here. Sometimes it has taken them 1/2/3 years to do so, but I haven't closely followed a high profile case of theirs yet that they haven't achieved a result that can be prosecuted.

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members