Identified! AZ - Avondale, BlkMale 15-20, UP101055, fatally shot by police, Left Earlobe Piercing, Multi-color Crocs, Feb'23 - Amarion Deontis Hope

Amen. I have thought about young Amarion for months. Kept up with family social media. I have been waiting for something to come out of the investigation. This is right. It's just so sad.

Amen. I have thought about young Amarion for months. Kept up with family social media. I have been waiting for something to come out of the investigation. This is right. It's just so sad.
Thank you for advocating for this young man. I couldn't bring myself to watch the video. His mom is suffering from breast cancer and also dealing with this matter.

Yes she is, Queena. Hard to even fathom how she has managed all she has been faced with, but I do know this, she is a woman of incredibly strong faith, believing in truth and justice. I'm sure she has been carried through many moments by those seen and not. Peace.

Maricopa County Attorney declines to file charges against Avondale officer involved in death of Amarion Hope

Attorney Rachel Mitchell declined to file charges against the police officer involved in the February 2023 shooting death of a 17-year-old shoplifting suspect.

Author: Jonathan McCall
Published: 1:06 PM MST February 16, 2024
Updated: 7:02 PM MST February 16, 2024
Facebook
AVONDALE, Ariz. — Maricopa County Attorney Rachel Mitchell has declined to file charges against an Avondale police officer involved in the 2023 shooting death of 17-year-old Amarion Hope.
On Feb. 21, 2023, officers responded to a shoplifting call at a Family Dollar on Dysart Road near Buckeye Road.

According to the Avondale Police Department, the officer fired his weapon five times hitting Hope twice as he ran away from the officer. Police said the shooting happened after Hope allegedly tried to choke the officer and get his firearm from his holster.

Hope family attorney Benjamin Taylor confirmed he received notification from the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office of the decision this week.
In September 2023, Hope’s family filed a $25 million lawsuit against the officer, the department, and the city claiming his shooting was unjustified.
12News reached out to Avondale Police, Peoria Police who investigated the shooting, and the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office for comment.
The Avondale Police Department sent 12News the following statement:
"Now that the investigation by the County Attorney’s Office has concluded, the Avondale Police Department will commence its administrative investigation. Due to pending civil litigation, the City will not comment further at this time."
The Maricopa County Attorney's Office issued this statement to 12News:
"Two independent expert reports and an MCAO review of the shooting concluded that the actions by the officer were justified within the context of the events and therefore there is no reasonable likelihood of conviction."
The police department was informed of the county attorney's decision on Feb. 12.

Why is it okay to shoot someone in the back for stealing something from the dollar store, for god's sake? Did the officer mention when being filmed by another officer that he grabbed for the weapon? I heard him say he tried to choke him.

Why is it okay to shoot someone in the back for stealing something from the dollar store, for god's sake? Did the officer mention when being filmed by another officer that he grabbed for the weapon? I heard him say he tried to choke him.
Watching the footage it does NOT look like Hope tried to choke the officer, so I think the officer was pulling words out of his you know what. It’s just disgusting what happened to this poor boy over some petty theft from the dollar store.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ATLSooner
Back