Found Deceased GA - University of Georgia Laken Hope Riley, 22, found dead near University of Georgia intramural fields, foul play suspected, 22 Feb 2024

Have to say the timing is suspicious.
And we don't know what other past crimes may have been committed ?
There could be more victims, imo.

Graphic post :

If Laken died from blunt force trauma, he may have carried a tool with him like a hammer ?
Or just a rock that was at hand right there by the hiking trail ?

LE must have her partial 911 call if she was able to say or shout anything, that will help prosecutors with the sequence of events.

I'm fairly certain the accused perp will not be forthcoming.
He's already demonstrated a lack of respect for the law in illegally crossing over.
Wherever his home town is in Venezuela , I'm wondering if he was known to LE there as well ?
Omo.

I can see him pestering her, being creepy ,blocking her path and she smartly calls 911 which freaks him out because he is here illegally. So he beats her in the head and kills her, because he doesn't want to get picked up by the police...and then...he gets picked up by the police...because he killed her.
Idiot.

Graphic post :

If Laken died from blunt force trauma, he may have carried a tool with him like a hammer ?

LE must have her partial 911 call if she was able to say or shout anything, that will help prosecutors with the sequence of events.

He's already demonstrated a lack of respect for the law in illegally crossing over.
Wherever his home town is in Venezuela , I'm wondering if he was known to LE there as well ?
Omo.
A FB page for the suspect (exact name that was released) shows he was born in Guatemala and lives in Venezuela.. also see pictures with a girl and at least one child. I don't speak Spanish and nothing posted is in English so I don't know who these people are in relation to him. The photo posted previously here is from that FB profile and it was from a few months ago, but who knows when it was actually taken. I am curious what he looks like now and what he looked like in May and September of last year.

A FB page for the suspect (exact name that was released) shows he was born in Guatemala and lives in Venezuela.. also see pictures with a girl and at least one child. I don't speak Spanish and nothing posted is in English so I don't know who these people are in relation to him. The photo posted previously here is from that FB profile and it was from a few months ago, but who knows when it was actually taken. I am curious what he looks like now and what he looked like in May and September of last year.
Thanks, I've been wondering about that photo and when it was taken. You are right it will be interesting to see a recent photo.

Graphic post :

Omo.
*I’m thinking a rock. Leakage perhaps:
“We're not going to leave any rock unturned in this investigation,”

Last edited:
It’s such a common name though, and the image that was posted upthread comes from a dubious news outlet.

I’m just waiting on the mugshot.

*I’m thinking a rock. Leakage perhaps:
“We're not going to leave any rock unturned in this investigation,”
What's so sad in all of this is that after graduating , or even while she was interning at a hospital, and let's say he was injured... she might have been one of the nurses treating him ?
A lady studying to do right in this world; and not out harming people.
Crazy and horrid and infuriating.
We lost a good person that day !
Omo.

I was just about to post the same about the hindering call to 911 charge. Also wondering about the kidnapping and false imprisonment charges. Not saying he didn't commit those crimes against Laken but wouldn't they need evidence of that to prove in court? Perhaps those charges are in relation to a roommate who tried to turn him in?
They likely only have to prove he forced her off the trail. The elements of kidnapping just require any movement of the person. False imprisonment is then preventing the movement of someone. I assume they also found evidence she tried to call 911. I’m over simplifying, but the crimes are broader than the colloquial use of these terms. (Not familiar with Georgia law specifically, just speaking generally about the Model Penal Code.)

Does the picture on the FB page look anything like the sketch that was released in the Rachel Morin murder. That was 6 months ago in Bel Air, MD and Rachel was running a trail just before dusk and she was dragged off the trail and killed by blunt force trauma to the head with a rock. This was in a wooded area as well.

Pure speculation here ...

I wonder if Laken was a regular runner on this set of trails and ran often at the same time. Given that the apartment complex backed up to the Oconee Forest Park, I wonder if the perp could see her from a 2nd floor balcony and had stalked her for a few days knowing where to wait the day of the murder.

Pure speculation here ...

I wonder if Laken was a regular runner on this set of trails and ran often at the same time. Given that the apartment complex backed up to the Oconee Forest Park, I wonder if the perp could see her from a 2nd floor balcony and had stalked her for a few days knowing where to wait the day of the murder.
Feels eerily similar to what happened to Rachel Morrin, I am happy they were able to pinpoint a suspect so early in this case.

Be Safe Ladies!!

It's sad that it's a fact women need to live that way 24/7/365.

A statement that needs saying...
Guys, quit murdering women!

(Yes, I know there are exceptions. Knox, I am saying this to everyone, not just in response to your post... I am just making a point that maybe instead of the onus being on victims that the onus should be placed on perpetrators.)

It's sad that it's a fact women need to live that way 24/7/365.

A statement that needs saying...
Guys, quit murdering women!

(Yes, I know there are exceptions. Knox, I am saying this to everyone, not just in response to your post... I am just making a point that maybe instead of the onus being on victims that the onus should be placed on perpetrators.)
BINGO!

Yes, of course, "stay safe" is a well-meant sentiment said to girls and women. But how about telling men and boys when they leave the house, "be a safe person!"

jmo

Does the picture on the FB page look anything like the sketch that was released in the Rachel Morin murder. That was 6 months ago in Bel Air, MD and Rachel was running a trail just before dusk and she was dragged off the trail and killed by blunt force trauma to the head with a rock. This was in a wooded area as well.
I see similarities and I notice the photos from 2022 he is thinner.. nothing for early 2023 so I can't compare size to the video we have from the LA crime in May 23, but I'd say from Sept 22 when I see clear photos of him and Jan 2024 when there are more photos, he has drastically changed his appearance.. grew his hair, grew facial hair, and gained weight.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abcdowpp1
Back