GUILTY CA - Mark & Jacob Iskander, 11 and 9, Killed by Drunk Socialite Rebecca Grossman in Veh vs Ped Hit & Run - Los Angeles, 2020 *GUILTY on all counts*

Thank you for your kind words. Regarding the appeal, the judge literally gave the defense everything they wanted, so we are pretty confident there is nothing to appeal. The judge was very frustrating over the last 3 1/2 years, but in the end everything seemed to have happened for a reason.

I'm happy to read this, thanks.

Thank you for your kind words. Regarding the appeal, the judge literally gave the defense everything they wanted, so we are pretty confident there is nothing to appeal. The judge was very frustrating over the last 3 1/2 years, but in the end everything seemed to have happened for a reason.
Yes - that’s one good thing. I was involved in a criminal case once on the victim’s side and the trial was delayed and delayed and the perp got so many things thrown out but in the end the appeal was denied - and we were told by attorney’s it was because the defense had had so much given to them as the main reason.

Yes, that was absolutely infuriating to me, how detailed the judge was in outlining the lesser charges. To make it clear, that the jury could choose lesser charges. That is what it seemed like to me. Talk about bending over backwards to help the defense!

I don't think that nine men were very favorable to a woman who was driving impaired, racing her BF in a neighborhood. If the defense thought that stacking the jury with men would help, it didn't.

Keep the pressure on, as the judge needs to keep to the sentencing guidelines.

Speaking of the woman's character....

re: Robert Leffler said under oath that he stopped Grossman doing 92 mph on the 101 Freeway in Agoura Hills.
"After giving her the ticket, Leffler said he informed her about the dangers of driving at such speeds. "She was frustrated to a degree where she said she hoped I don't need the services of the Burn Center in the future," he testified."
2013,11 years ago

Who says such an awful thing to someone?
What a despicable human.

Just for guilty of 2 murders in 2nd degree, that is 15 years to life for each one. Mandatory sentence. Even if she gets out early, that is at least 15 years. 75 years old. And that doesn't include the other charges.

Wow.

We can all make tragic mistakes that harm others. But you have to have sincere remorse and be able to be truthful to the judge, to the jury, to the family.

She did none of that.

I don't mind a 34 year sentence. I suspect it will be quite some time before she ever becomes contrite. I wouldn't be surprised to hear she is constantly causing problems with claims that other inmates are harassing her, that she's allergic to the food or such. I get the impression she is going to be a high-maintenance inmate and not a great parole candidate, at least for years.

Last edited:

Just for guilty of 2 murders in 2nd degree, that is 15 years to life for each one. Mandatory sentence. Even if she gets out early, that is at least 15 years. 75 years old. And that doesn't include the other charges.

Wow.
In the video upthread, I think the Prosecutor said she will get 37 years to life. He said in a case like this one, the jury is going to either believe the evidence or not believe it. This jury believed it.

JMO

9 hours deliberation, with those hours choosing the foreman, discussion, reviewing testimony, and filling out forms is quite short. I think they were all on the same page from the get go.
It would be interesting to hear a jury member speak out, though I doubt that will happen.
No jury interviews please, especially in cases with deep pocketed defendants. A juror says one thing that can be misinterpreted and it can blow up the conviction. Recent examples would be Murdaugh and Ghislaine Maxwell. Also, Charlie Adelson was heard saying on a jailhouse call that his trial attorney told him his only chance to get his conviction overturned is if a juror says something wrong about deliberations. He's going to be watching the juror's social media to keep an eye on them.

Even if a conviction is not overturned, the resultant legal circus causes even more stress, pain and worry to the victims.

We can all make tragic mistakes that harm others. But you have to have sincere remorse and be able to be truthful to the judge, to the jury, to the family.

She did none of that.

I don't mind a 34 year sentence. I suspect it will be quite some time that she ever becomes contrite. I wouldn't be surprised to hear she is constantly causing problems with claims that other inmates are harassing her, that she's allergic to the food or such. I get the impression she is going to be a high-maintenance inmate and not a great parole candidate, at least for years.

I can easily see her as "BFF" with Betty Broderick. Blaming their victims all the way...

Rebecca Grossman will never apologize. She fought tooth and nail until the last moment. Her reputation is one of someone who is a "right fighter" even when 100000% wrong. Her husband is also a . <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I have nothing but admiration for the Iskander parents for their fortitude, endurance, courage and grace in having had to deal with the defense, with the unethical, immoral, and dishonest manner in which the Grossmans and their legal team have behaved. 3 1/2 years! And that's not to mention the heartbreak and tragedy that that awful woman caused in the first place, killing the Iskanders' beloved children.

I am so glad that the community has been so very supportive. I hope they know that the support and thoughts go beyond their community, from strangers whose hearts and sympathy go out to them.

No jury interviews please, especially in cases with deep pocketed defendants. A juror says one thing that can be misinterpreted and it can blow up the conviction. Recent examples would be Murdaugh and Ghislaine Maxwell. Also, Charlie Adelson was heard saying on a jailhouse call that his trial attorney told him his only chance to get his conviction overturned is if a juror says something wrong about deliberations. He's going to be watching the juror's social media to keep an eye on them.

Even if a conviction is not overturned, the resultant legal circus causes even more stress, pain and worry to the victims.

Very true. That is how John Goodman's first trial was overturned, and he had a second "do over" trial. Because a juror was planning to write a book, or something. I can't quite remember.

Didn't matter, he had a 2nd trial and was found guilty. This guy had money to burn on attorneys, and he is still trying from jail to state he had "ineffective counsel".

The prosecution team talks about the case, release of sealed evidence, and possible sentencing. I read the transcript, because the sound is not very good.

And, as I stated previously, this judge is elected. I am sure that if he goes light on the sentence, based on the community support for the Iskander family, it probably won't go well for him. It has been a long, wrenching amount of time, that RG forced the grieving family to endure.

The prosecution team talks about the case, release of sealed evidence, and possible sentencing. I read the transcript, because the sound is not very good.

And, as I stated previously, this judge is elected. I am sure that if he goes light on the sentence, based on the community support for the Iskander family, it probably won't go well for him. It has been a long, wrenching amount of time, that RG forced the grieving family to endure.

On the other hand - campaign contributions from the Grossman Burn Foundation?

On the other hand - campaign contributions from the Grossman Burn Foundation?

The outrage wouldn't be worth it. <modsnip - no link> RG isn't worth the risk. RG ran over two young brothers, crossing the street in a crosswalk. While racing her boyfriend, back from the bar after drinking tequila, in her Mercedes-Benz. The optics just don't work.

There is no way to minimize this. Or to even make it seem like an "accident".

The fact that RG wouldn't even show up for hearings until ordered to by the judge makes it even worse. (As if it could be).

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope there is a civil suit.
I am sure that there will be. I just dont know how ultimately successful it will be.

I am thinking that RG could be a tough nut to crack in the collection sense of the word. Most of the assets could be liquid.

Then the possibility of not enough assets to be easy to find, but enough assets to be able to hire expert advise on how to protect and hide them (I imagine technically, hired pros cant give advise on the "hide" side- but my bet is that they do via "theoretical discussions".

Likewise, I think there is a trend for high income people (husband is a doctor) in lawsuit risk professions to not truly own alot in the legal sense of the word. Thus, the "protection" side could have started years ago.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deesa
Back