AMBER ALERT WI - Elijah Vue, 3 year old Elijah Vue, Two Rivers, 20 Feb 2024

Actually, it was 12 days at the torture camp -- not 8 days as the article is reporting. He was dropped of on Monday, 12 Feb. 2024, and Baur stated that Elijah was to return on Friday, 23 Feb. 2024. My math says 12 days. But he didn't make it.

UPDATED: Feb 24, 2024 10:05 PM CST
[...]

Vue's uncle, OV, said the family was mentally and emotionally drained, but added it they were drawing energy from seeing strangers organize their own searches and encouraging messages they've received from around the U.S. and beyond.

[...]

OV said his family hadn't seen Elijah since the boy was at most six months old. Vue said the family was withholding judgement on Baur until they learned more.

"We're not gonna rule anything out," he said. "But we're not gonna just come out and put blame on one particular person and say they did this or that when nobody really knows anything yet."

[...]
I'm trying to catch up on this thread but wanted to say it really bothers me that it took until day 5 to bring in air resources. :confused:
ETA: I just read about the "camp" his so called "mother" sent him too. I will never, ever understand how someone has the amazing gift of having a beautiful child and then does something so horrific as this.

Last edited:
How did that monster have custody of his special needs son ?
Hard to say. Doesn't he have a child abuse conviction against him somewhere in his past? Or, am I getting my child abusers mixed up. There have been so many. [Answering my own question: Yes he does. From 2002.]

Oh, but that was probably against a different child. No chance of history repeating itself.

I wonder why Vang even bothered to call the police to report him missing?
IMO, eventually someone would have noticed his absence and then it would have looked highly suspicious if he was the last known caregiver and never reported him missing. He would have immediately been a suspect. I believe he thought he was clever enough to do away with the boy and then report him missing later on and everyone would believe he just toddled off on his own and got abducted. Then he'd look like a responsible caretaker who did the right thing and called the police, because surely he wouldn't call the police if he'd done something to the boy, right? At least that's probably what he was thinking, but criminals often fancy themselves much smarter than they really are. IMO, MOO, etc.

This still blows my mind that this is a 3 year old child. In my fantasy world he was rescued by someone who doesn't want them to know he's still alive to keep him safe.

In reality I think he was tortured to death
Perhaps, call it a hunch, in reality he was tortured long before he died. :mad: :(

moo JMO ymmv

Same story, different child. Some *&^&*@@ adult thinks a child should act like an adult and not a child. Therefore, they are tortured for being a child. I hope this little one is found soon. Such a sad day when some humans have so little regard for the innocent ones in our midst.

IMO, eventually someone would have noticed his absence and then it would have looked highly suspicious if he was the last known caregiver and never reported him missing. He would have immediately been a suspect. I believe he thought he was clever enough to do away with the boy and then report him missing later on and everyone would believe he just toddled off on his own and got abducted. Then he'd look like a responsible caretaker who did the right thing and called the police, because surely he wouldn't call the police if he'd done something to the boy, right? At least that's probably what he was thinking, but criminals often fancy themselves much smarter than they really are. IMO, MOO, etc.

Right? And they always the little one wandered off while they were sleeping, or they just popped to the bathroom or whatever. Everytime!
The same way the men that kill their wives say they just disappeared and were nowhere to be found when the husband came home, but they don't understand why they would leave because they were so blissfully happy.......like they haven't dismembered them and scattered their remains around the county using their own car :rolleyes:

Right? And they always the little one wandered off while they were sleeping, or they just popped to the bathroom or whatever. Everytime!
The same way the men that kill their wives say they just disappeared and were nowhere to be found when the husband came home, but they don't understand why they would leave because they were so blissfully happy.......like they haven't dismembered them and scattered their remains around the county using their own car :rolleyes:
Or the old "we had a fight and she walked off on her own to cool off and just disappeared, no idea what happened to her!" It's like all of these criminals get their stories from the same random excuse generator.

Liz Benecke, a De Pere resident with ties to Elijah's family, has helped organize a civilian search effort for the boy who was last seen Feb. 20.

Those efforts, which she said started the day Elijah went missing and have been getting more organized with each day, have been based out of the Mikadow Theatre on Washington Street in downtown Manitowoc.

Benecke said they have covered most of the state, county and city parks, and are now walking through more residential areas.

"The unfortunate part of it is Elijah is still not home and a family is still looking for a child," she said. "While there's a huge law enforcement presence with nothing new that has been released, I encourage people to continue to keep showing up."

The next searches are scheduled for 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Feb. 29 and March 1 and 9 a.m.-4 p.m. March 2 and 3.
*the human spirit at work.

Appears they've been on live for ~20 now. It'll likely be recorded to rewatch. Q&A now.

Just as I posted they said "that was the last Q". Looking for a recording of it now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back