GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I right?-- the State asked for her bond to be doubled and the Court tripled it! Then went one better, all cash?

i hope she has lost her freedoms for life. I hereby appoint her to the janitorial detail in prison. A mop, a pail, green and yellow sponges, paper towels and toilets.

There's a price to pay, Honey.

For those interested here is the quasi transcribed Horn Closing.

I started to edit it and reformat it but then undid those changes as reading it in the way that I heard it based on what he was saying I thought made it easier to understand imo. So, you will see spelling errors, typos etc. This is a raw version of first cut of just listening to Horn Closing. But, I did a clean version for myself and frankly the raw version is how the jury would hear it and I thought that would be more important to memorialise here on WS.

I apologise in advance as its choppy and some of that I think reflects the difficulty of transcription (don't know how the Court staff do it!) but also it reflected the nature of this presentation from Horn imo.

Horn was largely free forming this and frankly in many parts it was simply just ROUGH and then when he got the 'land the plane' post it note from the person whose name I can never recall, the entire presentation just slid off a cliff and was super hard to transcribe as you could tell he had alot in his head but the words coming out of his mouth were sometimes jumbled a bit.

Sorry but in a couple of places I couldn't help but put in my comment at the moment so you might see some comments from me like [BS] etc. That was me being annoyed. Sorry.

I might go back and fact check this against the case evidence as that is what the Jury might do to a certain extent. Probably won't have time and jury would be back before I could get it done. If jury drags I might do it though. But, feel free to comment where you think 'facts' don't line up between the Horn Closing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Here goes - fourth times the charm for this project that brought my late iPad to its knees (RIP iPad)!
Brand new iPad in hand and its a super duper rocket ship so no more crashes during Jury Watch!

Painful effort to listen to Horn Horning in slow mo but worth it to dissect this imo absolute 'word salad' which I pray the Easel Juror hits pause on the 'insanity' of this Closing Statement.

HATS OFF TO Courtroom folks charged with transcribing or translating. More challenging than I thought but here is my stab at trying to do this for Defence Closing.

@lucegirl you are brilliant and loved the 'organisation' post as it took the 'word salad' apart and organised it beautifully in picture perfect rows just like like the most beautiful Cobb Salad ever! Kudos on that as it was a huge challenge to do and it got harder towards the end when because Schoenhorn didn't practice his timing he then just jumbled statements incoherently imo.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLOSING STATEMENT - Defence
What really happened on the 24th

Disappearance and Likely death of JF

MT Didn’t know FD planned to
Harm JF
MT Didn't know anything and all was going well
MT didn’t know that FD was capable of killing JF
Dedicated to his 5 children trying to get children back in family court
State has made unfounded and unfair assumptions and speculation that MT had to know what was Going on because she was romantically involved with FD that he planned to murder JF and was involved in what happened.
This is not reality. This is like a scripted movie. Not based on the facts of this trial. it’s a speculation, conjecture and desperate claim and not according to the standard of criminal evidence

Concede that Something bad happened at 69
Welles lane that AM and FD is ultimately responsible for what happened to JF whether he did it himself or a compatriot

We know someone was in NC and that wasn’t MT
The state hasn’t proven where FD was that morning Suggestion see vehicles driving, tiny amt of dna on faucet in home but whether FD was in nc or Farmington or somewhere in between - it is conjecture as to what he did with his hands
5 years of evidence - collection and taking statements
New stmts of PG were obtained recently
5 years of investigation and some was even recent
Even now questions remain
Still unclear what happened and unfortunately this trial won’t solve that puzzle - it will remain an unfinished puzzle - this is not FD trial this is MT trial
This is MT trial you must find beyond a reasonable doubt that MT conspired with FD not just to cause harm but to murder her. That was the plot and intent of MT on or before 24th
Then beyond a reasonable doubt that MT was part of a plot to get rid of evidence and she knew what was in it, knew its purpose and with same intent of what FD had planned
FD murdered his wife is what you will Have to find - no evidence of what FD did what and who actually did that to JF but just speculation
No matter how you view this There is no evidence that MT knew any clue about what was going to happen in NC on the 24th
Nothing to suggest that Michelle thought FD was capable of this
Michelle didn't know
What MT knew about FD
She met him in Miami (2016 meeting date-not true Horn ) Children became friends FD introduced the babysitter and children to MT and MT fell in love of that man - outgoing fun loving man, father, successful builder, competitive athlete and many similar interests vs JF and FD

Very different than what MT knew about FD vs what police told her about FD
Working towards amicable friendly separation and everything was going to be fine amicable divorce and custody Legal separation process

In September 2017 moved to CT with her daughter
Worked on her daughters sports interest
Worked on her own business selling rugs

But FD only showed side that he wanted her and others that he wanted to see
FD hide sides of himself from MT and his friends and employees including PG
Even LA didn't believe that FD was having affair
2019 - some strains with FD and MT - lying and storing womens numbers in his phones using mens name and written in greek - she was upset about this happening
She had talked about moving to CO at end of school year
End April the Custody Battle looked ready to end and the favourable report and everyone said that report was favourable to FD and he looked forward to spending the Summer with his children - Everything was good in May
Discussed with his friends - moving in a positive direction at end of april and according to MT interviews with Police and everything was good and consistent - friends, employees, former employees and especially lawyers Rose and Meehan
This nefarious plot makes no sense - Why then would he plot when things were good?
Why at that moment to plot with his girlfriend to kill Jennifer
Even in hindsight that doesn't make sense to any of them people you heard from

Let's talk about PG who knew FD for many years - he saw FD every day
Knew and liked JF - helped her move to Fairfield County without telling FD
What else about PG?
Even after FD was believed to be cleaning his tacoma, he had told MT that PG intended to sell the vehicle and told PG to find a replacement - also told him to replace the car seats - PG was combing junk yards looking for seats
FD told PG not to refer to the seats except as 'hardware'
Then you saw pic and took Porsche seats and put into his vehicle in a haphazard way - driving Tacoma with seats held up with buckets
All these red flags - FD was worried about possible DNA of JF in PG truck - PG did all this even with full immunity
Still insisted that he didn't believe FD would harm JF - he knew more than MT and PG still did what FD wanted

People at the dinner party
Hutch & Stephen and partners
Refers to Mrs Bland as DV Counsellor saying she thought everything made sense (wonder if she took a 12 day course for this too???? - Mrs Bland works for a medical device company and does DV volunteer work - her job is NOT DV as Horn Stated)
Said DV work was part of Beth job [this is untrue - she said she was a volunteer]
Happy Evening - No bad mouthing of JF
Everything made sense Toasted the Happy Outcome in a HAPPY WAY
Hutch didn't think FD could do anything like what was described - even after investigation
Pond invasion by LE

LA - thought MT was 'nice'
LA said No prior incidence of violence with FD
FD did Yell at LA about signing a piece of paper
LA SAW No violence with FD

Professionals - Meehan - everything was working out and favourable report
Social Worker - Streeter - amicable and friendly on Wed Naming day where they - JF invited FD to sit and eat his cake and JF took his bunny
Mike Rose - atty divorce - FD didn't want to talk in front in Michelle [BS - THINGS WERE GOING POORLY AND HE KNEW IT] - there was light at end of tunnel and everything was looking good [BS] EVERYTHING WAS FINE
Why at that moment would MT risk her life and her daughters life to murder JF when all was looking good?
Doesn't make sense - pure speculation by the State

Anna Curry - woman moved in with FD after MT had moved out
Michelle 2.0 - that was woman who moved in with FD within a month of FD being accused of dumping on Albany Ave with bloody shirt and bra connected to JF

Petu - Clara
Friend of both FD and MT
Been to house many times
Never suspected that FD would harm JF
Not even After June 1st when she never spoke to FD again
She is still MT friend and still speaks with MT
She is in courtroom today

People that we trust and believe are our friends and loved ones
People usually are who they tell us they are
We don't all the sudden start to disbelieve or distrust them even when red flags emerge - even if they are doing something odd
Our default is to believe people
We all do that
We also never think we are going to be manipulated by someone we care about - this could never happen to us
But with benefit of hindsight and we can't believe we were fooled and tricked in that way
Doesn't mean we stop caring about the person - we don't believe that they will murder someone - that's not how we think

FD committed suicide - refers to death certificate 2020 in evidence
Intentional inhalation of vehicle fumes inside garage
Whatever FD did it was not for or because of MT and it was not WITH HER
FD put up facade until his last dying breath and he died without ever ack his actions or even admitting his role to his own children and never gave answers, he can't be held to answer - everyone wants closure
MT is not remaining half of a scheming plot
She never was part of the equation - she didn't know
That is pure speculation - she didn't know
Most of this trial has been about FD in absentia - you have heard about fingerprints, blood, DNA etc.
You also remember biologist - KM and the presumptive tests only suggest the possibility of presence of blood - place to swab
Suggestion of Prosecutor of blood and DNA on the faucet and we are to assume FD was in the house and if you recall there was a mixture of the DNA of FD and JF
Only place in house where it was - Why was his DNA there? Only reason was cake and chocolate she took from him
JF took cake and chocolate from him
Children all touched him and touched his hair and it stayed there when children washed their hands in the kitchen sink
Small amt of DNA was there and it just stays there
[don't believe this for a second - big no no]
PG said that JF had been in his truck
Underside of sponge rubber seat was where her DNA was found - someone had sat on that seat
Absence of evidence is not evidence - can't infer facts in a vacuum - 0x0=0
How much blood would have been in the Tacoma if it hadn't been brought to car wash
How much blood would there be iif FD hadn't taken out the car mat that had never been found

Why was nothing found in the Cherokee that maybe MT was driving and not PG
Nothing in the Cherokee - there was nothing to find in the Cherokee because there was nothing to find in the Cherokee

What might have been discovered at 80MS if FD and MT hadn't done a little bit of clean up
and where we have proven that the showing happened the next day
Lets speculate about a smoke coming out fireplace and chimney
You were shown videos - 2 are within minutes of each other - motion activated camera - to suggest only 2 times is misleading in many ways - unreasonable
LE continued to investigate and went to Albany Ave and got the C4 footage which showed him and not MT putting garbage in black bags in 3 receptacle (not 6 and not 30) - showed FD putting black bags in receptacles

Now, State asking you to evaluate in hindsight she must have known what was in the bags and FD told her they were going to Starbucks but FD went beyond this 1.5 miles - I have to get rid of a few bags - MT told LE that FD had done this before
Spec houses - rent another dumpster come right off the bottom line - how many builders dump that way to save money
Friday am is garbage day in Farmington

What do we know now that we didn't know then
We know that JF missed her appt with Dr Roy Geronomous in NYC in am
We know that she was supposed to go to NY and children and babysitter had already gone to NY
The call came into NCPD at 7pm that JF was missing
went to house
noticed something that looked like blood and that was when investigation started - multiple agencies participate
They went through every point and garage at 69 welles
Found signs of violence
At 8pm found suburban in Waveny
Had not been seen since 1030 am
Not seen Suburban on the school cams - where was it
Police learned about FD from JF friends - he was manipulative
Volatile years long custody battle
MT was in Raptor on Albany and Police knew what was inside them - Michelle didn't know
They found nothing at 80MS - there was a coffee cup
that was in recycling bin in garage - nothing of evidentiary value but they didn't take the cup - couldn't this coffee cup explain what FD was telling MT that he was cleaning up spilled coffee in the Tacoma
That doesn't fit prosecutions narrative so they didn't even collect that as evidence
So MT handcuffed taken to NC 80 miles away and she was kicked out of her house
Police accused FD of something that MT found impossible to believe and they accused her of helping him without proof. She was tired middle of night and cold and had blanket to keep her warm
MT was told she didn't know real FD and he used her and she needed to tell them where JF was - they lied to her, scared her and told her they would lose her daughter and family -if they found body that she would be charged as accessory - told her about murder charges - they didn't let up - no evidence to suggest MT
Kept saying she didn't know
They didn't let up
No evidence who had travelled the world and who wanted to be a mother to 5 additional children that had just lost their mother
She had her own family - large and loving
Good relationship with her daughter - even police admit in interrogation and on phone with mother, sisters all supposedly while helping dispose of evidence from murder
MT was not trying to replace JF - she liked these children - that is a far cry from wanting to replace JF

Yes there was Toxic custody battle - but she thought things were working out in her favour

TImeline -
That Atty Pytranker was the one that suggested that FD in MT presence write a timeline
That was when MT found out that FD had been to JF house and she was mad that he lied to her about it
She was mad that he hadn't told her that he had been to the house and she was angry that she thought that everything was working out in the court process and he was lying to her even about that.

If you give any credit at all to PGs revelation that MT made disparaging comment JF about month earlier I remind you that this is a man with written immunity and verbal immunity before that. He was a non citizen told that he could be deported.

There is one take away from he said. What he said is that when they were bringing wood up to the house that she was upset that her 12 yo daughter picture was plastered all over the internet associated with the JF missing. MT said, "When she shows up I will kill her". PG said that he thought she would show up too. If she is already deceased why would anybody say that and why would PG make that his response?

Listen to the Judge special instruction on PG and think carefully about credibility of
someone in his position referring to PG - be very careful

Both the timing and circumstances of the PG stmts and 5 years later that revelation happens about what MT said about JF ( buried next to dog statement - Horn didn't say it but danced around it) should give you hesitation

Why and that is why we put on
Det Allegra - he is the one that suggested to PG that FD used that kind of language describing JF Fxxxin - in July 8 hr interview - he used the words - but PG said no - he didn't remember FD saying this then - PG remembered this much later about MT and he did it to ingratiate himself - he has been given get out of jail pass and he knew why he was taking seats out of his truck

He knew why he was taking the seats out of tacoma at Dulos request

Now MT was overwhelmed, she was exhausted, she was in shock and still talked to LE multiple times with her lawyer (3 times) 6/2, 6/6, 8/13 dates of meetings
She answered every one of the questions - even when she was accused by them of lying - she kept answering their questions and never left
It got to point that she was agreeing with them regardless of whether it was true or not
He put up example how it played out - asked Jurors to see how it played out - they are saying no was no way FD could have been home due to science but we have explained skin and transfer DNA
Its not that they wanted her to be honest - they said there was no way FD could could be home due to science
Transfer DNA - skin DNA - how much can easily be transferred from one person to another and here is actual transfer of items between FD and here is evidence of actual physical transfer of items bare handed between FD, JF and all of his children
When MT gave info that was wasn't part of their narrative that puzzle pieces didn't fit they kept accusing her of lying and told her she was wrong and told her FD had to be at 69 Welles Lane but the State hasn't proven beyond a reasonable doubt that he was down there even now

They suggest he is there - darkened figure on bike riding in area there is no connection of any of that to the disappearance or harm of that likely occurred to JF
You will remember report by Ms. Streeter we put it in and she specifically described the things some of the things, she put in everything detailed in the report and min by min of what happened in that house and that easily explains small amt DNA and nowhere else than on a faucet in the kitchen

You will remember DNA Expert Kristen Nadell, she talked about transfer DNA they called it Touch DNA and I submit that is that's the likely reason that that's the place the DNA was found. IF Fd took off his gloves and put it back on possibly bloody gloves back and that is what is pure speculation on part of state.

Its also clear Fd can't be in two places at once. What are we going to do to get body or injured woman and transport her on a bicycle? and it was about 300 yards from where they saw red tacama to where they found the Suburban - busy road Lapham and near front of public park on Memorial day - nice day that nobody would notice anything and that are no other cameras from schools buses showing any transfer or that the suburban is where did cleaning supplies how do you carry all these things and transfer between vehicles on a busy double yellow lane road.

No evidence as to when JF Suburban ended up on lapahm road. What you do have is CC and CCC and you will have these documents but there was a question raised whether that blue tooth phone belonged to JF or maybe kids or LA but at 2:56pm when blue tooth connected to her Suburban they were long gone and in NY but we have more than that Stratford PD research that if you look to right that there were 2 numbers associated with JF (604 and 499 numbers) and you will see that its the number down at bottom - 5C number connects to 499 number - MAC number look at unique number and its the same as the number of the left at 2:56pm. Mt Neuth Forensic guy from the lab in letter to Det Kimball and they knew this all along but they didn't pursue this.

Just responding to something that Prosecution said, I'm not claiming that JF went through the woods and got on train. I am suggesting that when they followed the scent with the dog that and it ended at train platform at Tallmadge Hill Metro North. They didn't follow up with them and nothing about checking train schedule or looking at cameras from train or did someone run off that way after being in presence of JF.

MT did not push back when police told her she was wrong. She asked them what they wanted to her to say. Maybe she was wrong - she was helping them and trying to be truthful but they told her if it didn't fit their narrative. Eventually. The Fed ex envelope and she knew nothing about license plates - they cut her off and said it wasn't important until today when you hear the State talk about it today in 2024. They didn't let her say what she wanted to say. Sometimes they were mistaken - 30 stops when there were only three and Kimball said it was a mistake - but the differences were that stmts were under oath, no documentation, if a private person did they would be arrested for perjury or false statement, but for him its just a mistake. For MT if she makes a mistake or misspeaks its a crime. That is the distinction that they’re are trying to make here.

Deception is an interrogation tactic in CT and Police are allowed to lie and deceive but they are threatening a person to go to prison for many for years, lose family, lose child. That if MT sticks to what she is saying that those tactics from police can take a toll on memory and what you will remember or say or its the pressure or you have been fed information and I'm not going to go into detail (thank god horn!) you heard from my two experts. One was expert on memory and how people retrieve memories and this was 9 days after the 24th and for MT this was just a mundane day just did her routine and the only exception was that she told them she picked up phone in office. She didn't have to tell them that. Why bring it up at all. KM was there. You saw video of him driving in and out. Why did she tell them she picked up for 16 seconds and there was a bad connection and she hung up.

You also saw Professor Loftus mentioned by the Prosecution naming a number of other cases she was involved with that she was somehow connected to the defendants on those cases that you should tar her with the people the defence represent of the people represented rather than the science of what people remember and don't remember. That has nothing to do with how you should judge the facts in this case.

Same thing with Professor Mariane the Linguistics expert, she told you about things that you might not know about if you aren't bilingual or multilingual. One of those things is influency. Listen to video and you hear eehhhhhheeeeee or aaaaaaaaaa or ahhhhhhhhh. Prosecution will tell you she was stalling for time but expert said that is typical response from people with mid level proficiency. And when you are hammering on someone and someone is stressed they will speak in present tense but they mean to speak in the past tense. Because in english it is the present tense is the easy default and the infinitive are the easiest and things like stress and throwing in spanish words is sign that you just aren’t proficient enough. You’re not proficient enough to handle questions from different directions. Remember what is said in her report which you will have a copy of.

Authority figures you believe. Authority figure tells you do or say something and you are more apt to believe that but maybe you are just wrong. Maybe MT was just wrong but Maybe FD was there and that was his phone and not her phone and he was there and because of how they charged this that they would have to prove this beyond a reasonable doubt that they couldn’t even be there.

Everything that she did that Friday that she could remember and keep in mind we will put will put up in a minute. She told them about the socialising the night before and she told them about during that time FD stepped out and got steaks. During that time when he stepped out he had a conversation on the phone with KM. You haven’t heard about KM other than he has been charged in this case with conspiracy. He has been an afterthought in this case and others you will see in the materials. But there has been no evidence of her involvement with KM so I suggest you can immediately discard that as something to consider in this case.

But, you know we are talking about the fact that FD and PG took the Tacoma down to 80MS the night before, right at the beginning when Stefan and his wife arrived to look at carpets and have dinner. There is nothing MT knew about that (referring to Tacoma). She didn’t know about 80M and or phone call to KM when he stepped out to buy steaks.

She didn’t know that FD had stopped at 80ms and made a phone call to KM when he stepped out to buy more steaks. She didn’t know and nothing in fact to suggest she knew this.

On early morning of May 24th the thunderstorms. Remember, Kimball said no thunderstorms and he finally admitted there were thunderstorms and you have that map showing that red showing storm coming down towards Farmington. That is why when her daughter called her right before 1 am she went to her room and slept in that room that night because he daughter asked her to.

You have seen surveillance cameras from Eli Rd and MS and Jeff Crossing between time MT went upstairs to daughters room and you see Tacoma leave 80M at 530 am there is nobody travelling or pedestrians or no cyclicts. Nobody, taxi or someone dropping someone off. The State woud have you think that FD was sneaking through peoples backyards in the middle of the night. But, remember they were on top of mountain that’s why we put in that drone video and you can see its up up up at pinnacle of top of Mountain and views from that house you can see 100 miles. The topography was why that video was show. No evidence he was walking, riding or running or anything between of thur pm and fri am.

We do know somebody else in NC and that PG. You will have report that have the pictures that show between 12:30 pm and 4:21 pm on plainville/farmington border he is nowhere to be seen, he has disappeared, he claimed he was there all day but first of all you will remember what Mr. Kneuth said that dot on the lower left hand side means that the truck was parked behind the house, he had told you he always parks in the driveway except that day and I showed you the video from across the street and you don’t see any vehicle at all but Keuth testified that the truck started up at 12:30pm and is not seen again until 4:21pm. Coincidentally that is exactly in the middle of the time when the blue tooth shows up and attaches to JF Suburban at 2:56pm in the afternoon, just enough time to travel the 80 miles up from NC to the Plainville area which is right next to Farmington. Then you see him at the gas station and they put in the receipt to show him getting gas and how many gallons he got that day.

Another point, why are we not seeing any pictures of a Raptor? They spent hours they claim looking for Tacoma’s, red trucks, Raptors. First or all is it credible that there are no other red trucks that are seen on the Merritt Parkway in the entire hours that they’re looking or did they just take a clip and say this could be it and we will just put that into evidence to create a narrative that doesn’t exist. No black Raptors, no Raptors at all. So, how did PG get from first of all down to NC or back from NC. Where’s the evidence that he didn’t make a side trip. He talks about his chinese restaurant that he went to. He can’t remember where it is, what he ate, or even if he was alone.

We talked about the car seats, he said he replaced these car seats [picture shown in court], there is nothing wrong with these seats. He ripped it apart he said and you’ll notice especially the one on the right is foam rubber. If there was blood as the prosecution just suggested wouldn’t it stay in the foam rubber? How do you get that out? How do you get blood out of foam rubber? Remember it was just a small amount of DNA that was found. It could have been touch DNA. And remember she had been in that car Jennifer had been in that car and ridden in that truck before on those seats. You also have aaaaaaa the evidence PG’s uuuummmmm phone and you know he searched the month of May a whole bunch of Toyota Tacomas and he deleted all of his searches that he had been looking up flights to Poland and the disappearance of JF and he deleted all his search history and messages from Memorial Day weekend.

Michelle didn’t do any of those things.

Michelle told the police even when they insisted they told her that science told her FD couldn’t be there she knew he had an appointment with KM and sure enough KM was there that morning. She kept telling police she thought he was there but the police said they would walk out and charge her with accessory to murder if she continued to maintain that story.

FD could have been there again, we don’t represent FD but he could have been there. a The State must prove the contrary beyond a reasonable doubt in this.

We do know from the time KM arrived just around 7:20 am, after MT left to bring her daughter to school. The timing is not a coincidence.

KM was there for a reason that morning. But it wasn’t to practice law. He’s charged with conspiracy too. But there is no evidence he conspired with MT. Is he the other named co-conspirator with FD? There is no evidence, we don’t know.

Here is a different question for you to ponder. If KM was a co-conspirator and was there why not have him pick up the phone? Or, better yet if MT was the co conspirator why not have no one there in the first place? WHy couldn’t she be the one to pick up the phone? Why need KM there? What was his purpose? To direct her to pick up the phone?

Same thing with Andreas T. remember you were just shown a translation created by the police and the prosecutors to show you about Andreas’ messages, they were in Greek. They were in Greek letters and not in english letters and MT doesn’t speak Greek. So then the question becomes what person 2 hrs later would send a meme that you were shown again to remind you what it was a jokey meme if that person believed that this was all a setup so that FD could have an alibi while murdering his wife. It wasn’t just to him, it was to 2 other friends as well. Again, in Greek. Greek letters not english.

You also know what MT did that day, you heard from HH about his wife AAron forgetting her purse at the house. Was that part of the plan? Remember the State asked, “was that when you were discussing the plan to murder JF, HH said “what”. That was the way that the question was asked of him as if he were part of this plot too. I submit there is absolutely no basis for that pure speculative that he had anything to do with it and the idea that his wife would leave a purse there just to create a reason walking over there to return it is as speculative as everything else this State has presented.

She had lunch with FD, went to 80 MS, you have stop and shop and Petu and all that stuff. I put this up here that there was a plan by Rena the Realtor who wanted to show and see it on Sat can we arrange it. We go sure? Why would he agree to let a house shown to strangers on Sat am early if hes using tha house as a staging ground of evidence, getting rid of clothing, getting rid of a body, whatever the state is claiming is going on at 80MS. That makes no sense. It makes no sense at all.

There are 4 trips that MT told police she made going back and forth. The first time she went over she brought the wrong kind of vacuum because it didn’t have a central vacuum system. So yeah. 4-5 min she goes back and forth. She told them in the timeline she prepared for the lawyer which you have, that she went back and forth. WHy put that in if this is part of some nefarious scheme? Why list that? [runs into microphone]

I realize I’m getting close to my time. I am going to have to skip some of this time.

The police quizzed MT over and over and these were things that were to test you just couldn’t pass. They insisted she lied. They had a big chart of what they said she had said on other occasions and they tried to trick her when they when she said something different than what she had said months before.

She told people that she had had a fire in the fireplace. Petu if you remember said she did that all the time.

These are little clips from a motion activated camera and that is what you see. What was she burning in that fireplace? She was burning fire wood. Just like PG said when he helped her bring wood up to the house. You’ll also see if you look at those videos how windy it is. It was very very windy. Trees blowing all over the place, and you are on top of the mountain. So it not unreasonable even in May to have a fire going in your fireplace.

Now if you go to garbage bags on Albany Avenue you look at those you also can speculate what not have been burned? You can burn garbage bags, you can burn ponchos you can burn cloth and you can even burn sponges. Why not burn that? THose would be the items that would be incriminating.

Police had that house for 4Jx for over a week and they found nothing. Went in with cadaver dogs and other dogs and found no trace of any evidence connected that house to the disappearance of JF.

Briefly I’m going to mention a few other things since I’m running out of time. There is the Tacoma key issue that was brought up. The key was sticking out of the side of the truck when everyone was leaving and and as soon as FD called MT to bring it back she brought it back. To suggest as the police have that there was something nefarious or evil. Why not just say she didn’t have the key, why not not come back in the seven minutes that she came back.

When it comes to the issue of the gum, and I’m gonna end with the gum and one other thing. She is wiping her hands, she is not picking something up. So, when the police told that to State Atty Colangelo they were giving him false information. I just wanna play that the last thing that clip from the Colangelo.

3 detectives and States Atty Colangelo around a conference table and impossible to hear. Looks like 2:20 I don’t think she knows. Maybe she is legit on the phone. She dropped gum and realized it was sticky. One person in world who picks up gums. She doesn’t know. It wouldn’t slip my mind if I was dumping trash I wouldn’t forget.

She never said she picked up gum. She doesn’t know and 3 detectives telling Colangelo something false to get him off the notion that she doesn’t know. I submit to you ladies and gentleman if he thought she didn’t know and that is reasonable doubt right there. This trial is a tragedy no question about it. It is a tragedy for many people sitting here in this audience right now. But this case here is not about sympathy, antipathy and revenge there is only speculation and no facts. We are all sitting here in hindsight deciding what happened after the fact what one should have known.

What we can do when MT for example picked FD up at the car wash she had nothing to do with FD planned to do with that vehicle on that occasion. Now, I don’t get another opportunity to speak. You may think the State has a second bite at the apple. Its important for you to understand the reason for this is because they have the burden of proof on everything and we don’t. So they do get to speak last. I want you to remember that they have the burden beyond a reasonable doubt for each element of each crime the Judge is going to read to you and I ask you that you reach correct verdict which is not guilty.

Thank you your honour.
Thanks for this. We now know his closing was not successful and it was a word salad to confuse; such as his suggestion that FD rode with JF on a bicycle or that the 24th of May was actually Memorial Day and someone would have noticed. School was in as evidenced by the kids (JF and MT’s) dropped off at their respective schools and the school bus with a camera. His closing was exhausting and very hard to follow. I don’t know how you managed to transcribe. You must be a glutton for punishment LOL

Tears here too. I peeked in here the past couple of days but couldn't bear to read more than a few posts. I'm so relieved.

Looks like Law & Crime is set up at the front of the courthouse for a presser. I haven't listened to one that JS has given this whole trial, but I'll be listening to this one.

Thank you to the jury, judge, court staff, state’s attorneys and each of you that have followed with us on this long journey. afitzy appropriately posted this one ‘Heroes’ by David Bowie some time back. But I will add this version of it that I had forgotten, from Paris 2002. (Not topping you afitzy….. but correcting my error….this rendition is stellar IMO.)

And IMO attorney MM can be Queen and SMcG can be King - just for one day. I am sure all are exhausted. And thanks to all fellow WS sleuth web mates and the many posters that have made this very very sad story of the loss of JF a rewarding and somber experience. (I hope someone can post that image of JF with her beautiful 5 children and the one of her sitting on the couch somewhere in this thread….. so that is remembered too.) MOO

Last edited:
I’m also in tears followed from day 1!!!!!!
The same
Tears for the loss of life and the arrogance to think you can walk away from that
Accountability has finaly arrived For Michelle
Bless you Ct jurors who followed the evidence to the only place it led
Guilty x 6
Also many kudos to the State - wonderful job
And love to the family of Jennifer
jmo

Last edited:
“Jennifer is dead, and Fotis and Michelle Troconis intended that to happen,” Assistant State’s Attorney Michelle Manning said. “They agreed to work together to make it happen, and unfortunately they were successful in making it happen. But they got caught. This trial is very simple. It’s about a conspiracy and a coverup.”

Troconis, who is also accused of placing sealed documents on her laptop during the trial for people to see, will have a contempt of court hearing on March 5.

I just saw the verdict. I am crying. Justice for Jennifer.
My heart goes out to her family, her beautiful children, her steadfast mother, her friends, and all those who fought for her. May they have gained some comfort today.

What happened to the smiles and laughter? Did the party end?

Attachments

• B2D764F4-2BCB-41E6-AE6F-3CBB19353288.jpeg
    B2D764F4-2BCB-41E6-AE6F-3CBB19353288.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 8CAB820E-40DE-42A1-82DB-1053BF28CBF5.jpeg
    8CAB820E-40DE-42A1-82DB-1053BF28CBF5.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 3C565394-BE94-4AED-A7F9-B29696B11909.jpeg
    3C565394-BE94-4AED-A7F9-B29696B11909.jpeg
    57.4 KB · Views: 39
Status
Not open for further replies.