USVI - Sarm Joan Lillian Heslop - Missing From Siren Song Moored Off Coast of St. John, Mar 2021 #2

The owner and captain of the Siren Song

... When Sarm was first reported missing, I had no clue we'd be here today. 2 years after she's gone. And, with no answers, no cctvs, no footage, no interviews, no tests, no forensics, we're not any closer to the truth about what happened the night Sarm disappeared.

RIP Sarm
Justice for Sarm Joan Lillian Heslop

From the article:

Ms Heslop's parents have said they are 'absolutely gutted' at the lack of progress in the investigation.

In a statement to MailOnline Ms Street said: 'We have been told that the CCTV wasn't working in the local area due to a power outage on the island.

'We were shown some CCTV footage allegedly showing Sarm and Ryan walking back to their dinghy but it was turned off before I could see them step onto the boat and this footage has never been publicly released. And now we discover that the 911 call Ryan made to the coast guard was never recorded! Something doesn't add up'.

That's a lot of evidence to not be able to find!

I'm not a fan of the DM but credit to them for pursuing this with Freedom of Information requests and badgering the key players in the investigation.

From the article:

Ms Heslop's parents have said they are 'absolutely gutted' at the lack of progress in the investigation.

In a statement to MailOnline Ms Street said: 'We have been told that the CCTV wasn't working in the local area due to a power outage on the island.

'We were shown some CCTV footage allegedly showing Sarm and Ryan walking back to their dinghy but it was turned off before I could see them step onto the boat and this footage has never been publicly released. And now we discover that the 911 call Ryan made to the coast guard was never recorded! Something doesn't add up'.

I'm not a fan of the DM but credit to them for pursuing this with Freedom of Information requests and badgering the key players in the investigation.
IMO *someone* is getting away with murder and for reasons beyond my understanding LE is muddying the investigation.

My heart breaks for Sarm’s parents and friends. Violence against women should never be tolerated, especially by law enforcement. MOO

From the article:

Bit convenient that two pieces of evidence are missing imo

EXCLUSIVE: Sarm Heslop, then a 41-year-old flight attendant from Southampton in the United Kingdom, settled down with her American boyfriend Ryan Bane on his luxury catamaran off the coast of St. John in the U.S. Virgin Islands for an adventure at sea and an idyllic backdrop.

But one night, after dinner at a bar on the edge of Frank Bay, she vanished without a trace.

That was two years ago Wednesday – and police have revealed little, including whether or not she ever made it back to Bane's 47-foot yacht, the Siren Song.

Sadly this is not really US law. Most judges would have granted authorities a warrant to search that boat and most police agencies would have allowed the family to see the entire video.
I think you are clearly right regarding your observation that it is "not really US law".

The law and police procedures being applied are Virgin Islands law.

Though the US Virgin Islands are clearly part of the US, nearby Puerto Rico is allowed to "run its own show"- either skillfully, or poorly in regards to internal matters. Even in areas where federal authorities can intervene, they can be reluctant to do so due official and unofficial local sovereignty practices.

My guess is that the US Virgins Islands could well be the same way. When it comes to local matters including police investigations, or the lack of, the "US" Virgin Islands might be the "US" Virgin Islands.

Last edited:
EXCLUSIVE: Sarm Heslop, then a 41-year-old flight attendant from Southampton in the United Kingdom, settled down with her American boyfriend Ryan Bane on his luxury catamaran off the coast of St. John in the U.S. Virgin Islands for an adventure at sea and an idyllic backdrop.

But one night, after dinner at a bar on the edge of Frank Bay, she vanished without a trace.

That was two years ago Wednesday – and police have revealed little, including whether or not she ever made it back to Bane's 47-foot yacht, the Siren Song.

This makes me want to scream!
It must be absolutely dreadful for her family and friends.
It's shocking to say the least.

Do you think she might have fallen into the water?

or pushed into the water after other events. jmho.

I almost clicked the Laughing emoji, resisted out of respect for Ms. Heslop & her family.

Certainly not out of respect for the person who took hours to report her missing, contacted an unlikely agency when he did report her missing, denied LE access to her last know residence, and then sailed that last known residence to a different country with a different set of laws.

And then sold that residence, iirc. jmho, of course.

headerImage-b802f629-1b51-42fa-9621-a0ff987ce0c0

The mother of a 41-year-old woman who went missing from a yacht in the US Virgin Islands three years ago now believes her daughter was murdered.

Sarm Heslop, from Southampton, Hampshire, went missing from the Siren Song, a catamaran owned and operated by her American boyfriend, Ryan Bane, off the coast of St John in the early hours of March 8, 2021.

Her mother Brenda Street, 67, told The People newspaper: “I don’t believe Sarm just went missing.

"I believe she was murdered. I want justice for her.

“I want to bring her home so I know where she is – she deserves that.”

*April 2022
ONE YEAR LATER: What Happened To Sarm Heslop? The British Woman's Mysterious Disappearance From St. John Examined By Dateline
When Sarm went missing, Cori came forward to share the alleged abuse she endured at the hands of her ex-husband. ‘While I was gone one time, Ryan killed the squirrel and put it in the freezer for me to find,” Cori recounted in an interview with Daily Mail.

*Nov 2021:
Has the catamaran finally been sold, over the objections of Sarm Heslop’s family and friends, is a question that remains. The 47-foot Leopard 4-head vessel was listed on several sites - asking price, $229,0000. One of the listings indicates a recent upgrade of the onboard refrigerator and freezer, among other things.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Babken
Back