GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think CL will probably give a victim impact statement at MT’s sentencing. She has probably already started working on it. Who else do you think may?

Do you think anyone on MT’s side will speak (if allowed)? Who would you guess?

I think CL will probably give a victim impact statement at MT’s sentencing. She has probably already started working on it. Who else do you think may?

I don't want to hear a single pro-Micheller talk about how she's a mother and is needed.

MT had choices. She put herself there.

JMO

Schoenhorn indicates he is not sure who will be handling MT appeal. My best guess is that it will be a new player. Why that person was not on board and at the trial I guess shows the naïveté of the Troc family. Or they lack of economic resources. They may be all tapped out. Or their default will be Shoe. Judge Randolph ran a tight court so I m not seeing an appeal with any teeth.

“Schoenhorn said there are at least a dozen, if not 20, issues he can already identify as potential complaints he would file with the state Appellate Court, though, he added, "It’s not yet clear if I’m going to do the appeal."
"In my personal view, I believe that what the prosecution did was present a narrative based on inadmissible hearsay and speculation," Schoenhorn said after the verdicts. "And they basically created a scenario or a story in the absence of evidence, but it was enough to convince this jury."

Oh my, looks like Jon Schoenhorn is going to place Atty Andrew Bowman back into the spotlight yet again....this is all quite above my pay grade but my recollection was that Horn tried to do this previously in pretrial with Judge R denying his motion regarding "ineffective assistance of counsel".

I don't know how the habeas petition might work or be different from what Horn has already tried? Perhaps @lucegirl knows as its above my pay grade.

Clip from above SA article:

"Prior to any appeal, Schoenhorn said he would first file a habeas petition, challenging Troconis' conviction on the grounds of ineffective assistance of counsel"".

"Speaking to the media after the verdicts on Friday, Schoenhorn cited the hours of videos showing police interrogating Troconis that prosecutors played during the trial. During these interrogations, Troconis' account of the day Jennifer Dulos disappeared changed while her lawyer at the time, Andrew Bowman, sat by her side".

"Anything can be used against you, and that's what I feel was done here," Schoenhorn said, distinguishing Troconis from Pawel Gumienny, the former employee of Fotis Dulos who was one of the state's most significant witnesses during the trial after his lawyer obtained an immunity agreement from prosecutors".

"I have no insight as to why any lawyer without either an immunity agreement or a proffer agreement would walk their client into a police interrogation without knowing very much about the offense," Schoenhorn said, referencing, but not naming Bowman, who did not immediately return a message seeking comment".

MOO

Last edited:

I wondered if her teenage children would potentially write anything to be read at the hearing? I'm sure their grandmother will handle that in a sensitive manner and know what's best for them.
As for MT's family - I would not be surprised to see another display similar to the one on the courthouse steps after the verdict. (Maybe without the selfies being snapped?)

JS mentioned NP in a video that I can no longer find online. Something like, "Norm Pattis had a copy of it. She didn't get it from me" Now the only one I can find doesn't mention NP. Anyone have a link that does so?
Yes, that quote you reference was in a prior thread and we also have quote iirc from Atty Bowman that he got it from Atty Pattis.

The circle was small so presumably the State investigators can figure it out.

MOO

Oh my, looks like Jon Schoenhorn is going to place Atty Andrew Bowman back into the spotlight yet again....this is all quite above my pay grade but my recollection was that Horn tried to do this previously in pretrial with Judge R denying his motion regarding "ineffective assistance of counsel".

I don't know how the habeas petition might work or be different from what Horn has already tried? Perhaps @lucegirl knows as its above my pay grade.

Clip from above SA article:

"Prior to any appeal, Schoenhorn said he would first file a habeas petition, challenging Troconis' conviction on the grounds of ineffective assistance of counsel"".

"Speaking to the media after the verdicts on Friday, Schoenhorn cited the hours of videos showing police interrogating Troconis that prosecutors played during the trial. During these interrogations, Troconis' account of the day Jennifer Dulos disappeared changed while her lawyer at the time, Andrew Bowman, sat by her side".

"Anything can be used against you, and that's what I feel was done here," Schoenhorn said, distinguishing Troconis from Pawel Gumienny, the former employee of Fotis Dulos who was one of the state's most significant witnesses during the trial after his lawyer obtained an immunity agreement from prosecutors".

MOO
A pity when your lies are used against you.

Bowman encouraged her to be truthful.

MT chose to be both verbose and deceitful.

The truth shall set you free indeed. Lies will lock you up.

She got hers.

Si' down, Counselor. Give your hips and lips a rest.

JMO

Not only that- how did Michelle have no idea what was going on if it were typical? How did she not squeeze into any of those chats and texts, "Fotis is saving $20.00 on garbage disposal again, so we can turn around and spend it on coffee and a chocolate croissant. They better not be sold out!"

MOO
Its worse imo as she KNEW there were no houses at FORE under construction. Sturbridge in NC was done and had a dumpster.

IMO it was a bad lie by MT and so to see the Troconis crew repeating it is simply nuts too. The bags on Albany imo also looked totally different from construction debris and MT would know this if she had done it before.

I also don't know why LE didn't question her more on the issue of no construction at FORE as she knew everything that was going on there too even through she distanced herself in the LE interviews about FORE most likely because of the financial issues present imo.

MOO

FYI for any interested, here is the Kent Mawhinney thread link here on WS. @Gardenista

If you see any articles or items of interest from the MT trial that relate to KM please place them in the following thread:

No trial date has been scheduled but there is alot of useful information from the MT Trial that will help fill in the gaps on the KM thread.

If people that watched MT Trial had ideas on KM related questions and could place them in the KM trial I think that could be very helpful as memories are fresh now and we have no idea when his trial might take place. We have seen Media culling their online archives too so to the extent that you have links then it might be helpful to copy them and place them in the KM thread as well.

Its worse imo as she KNEW there were no houses at FORE under construction. Sturbridge in NC was done and had a dumpster.

IMO it was a bad lie by MT and so to see the Troconis crew repeating it is simply nuts too. The bags on Albany imo also looked totally different from construction debris and MT would know this if she had done it before.

I also don't know why LE didn't question her more on the issue of no construction at FORE as she knew everything that was going on there too even through she distanced herself in the LE interviews about FORE most likely because of the financial issues present imo.

MOO
It is patently absurd and equally noncredible.

No one puts construction debris is a FedEx mailer and mails it to the city sewer.

Just like FD's absence on the morning of 5/24. She asked no questions because she already held the answers. Whatcha tossin', FOtis?

She knew enough not to ask.

I can offer some insight to some of the issues being brought up recently. I’ve hesitated because I do not want anyone to think I myself have been incarcerated ever. I haven’t and never plan to.
About 13 years ago my son and his girlfriend committed a crime. They were using opioids heavily at the time and thought they could bring it to trial and win. They had public defenders. Took the jury 45 minutes to come back with their guilty verdict. Their sentences included a 5 year mandatory minimum.
So started my introduction to CTs prison system and our family/juvenile court system where we spent the next 2+ years fighting to keep custody of our grandchild from the other grandparents. To say they are in some ways similar to MTs family would be truthful.
Thankfully we were able to continue to raise our grandchild. Fast forward to present - they did their time and continued to be sober for almost 5 years until they weren’t. We now also have custody of their 3yr old twins and they are still struggling with their addiction. Their mother was incarcerated again last summer. Hence my continued familiarity with York/Niantic.

So I can offer some insight into various things as long as you all don’t look at me like I have first hand knowledge.
I am so sorry to hear about your son and his addiction. I can’t imagine how hard that is and we here wish you all the best. Thankfully you are raising your grandchildren and may your son find his way back. We are glad you’re here.

To the first part, I signed her up for janitorial detail.

To the second, I say absolutely she was making it available to the media. Who would have referenced it next day, from "unnamed sources close to the investigation". I'll give you one guess for which member of the media pool. I'll throw out the word 'journalist' in the loosest sense.

JMO
Thanks Meg! I hear she has experience cleaning bathrooms!

Thanks Meg! I hear she has experience cleaning bathrooms!
That's an unfounded rumor perpetuated by Inmate #433612. She's probably never operated a spray bottle. Closest she's come to cleaning floors? When her affairing, murdering lover bent a mop handle, probably over the tailgate of a Tacoma. Down and dirty.

Jmo

That's an unfounded rumor perpetuated by Inmate #433612. She's probably never operated a spray bottle. Closest she's come to cleaning floors? When her affairing, murdering lover bent a mop handle, probably over the tailgate of a Tacoma. Down and dirty.

Jmo
Exactly, I was being facetious! She definitely has no experience! lol!

@lucegirl, would expect MT to testify at the upcoming Contempt hearing? If she is found guilty can the Judge take her computer and require that all hard copies and cloud copies be returned to the Court?

Trying to figure out if this Judge can remove the report from MT and possibly Troconis Crew or if that would have to be separate action taken by the State or Victims Advocate or Family Court?
I really don’t know the answer to this.

First of all - taking her computer without a warrant, (I have no idea if they got a warrant), is the same issue as her phone. It’s full of information protected by privacy rights. But it’s possible they could take the computer with a warrant. Whether anything on the computer unrelated to the Contempt charge could ever be used against her would be subject to the rules of evidence.

I don’t think she will testify. She’s in too much trouble.

A court could require “proof” that all copies were destroyed- but the court would have to rely on sworn affidavits that all holders of copies of the document (who aren’t allowed to have it) have destroyed electronic and paper copies.

If you lie in an affidavit you can be charged with perjury which is a another criminal offense with significant jail time and fines as consequences. So in MT’s case - it probably behooves her to consent to surrender of her laptop.

If others are required to submit affidavits, and those individual keep the document and/or distribute it - then those persons could be charged with perjury (for lying to the Court in the affidavit) and contempt of court for violating the protective order.

I think what is also likely is some kind of new order protecting the document with more specificity based on the present situation.

Well, we have someone on the board with a relative who can tell us about education opportunities.

And, don't forget that the prisoner is being billed 250.00 per day for that place to stay and three meals. It can't be both ways, can it?
Respectfully snipped -

At $249 per day, prison stays leave ex-inmates deep in debt | AP News

From the article ...

Connecticut also overhauled its statute this year, keeping it in place only for the most serious crimes, such as murder, and exempting prisoners from having to pay the first $50,000 of their incarceration costs.

Under the revised law, about 98% of Connecticut inmates no longer have to pay any of the costs of their incarceration after they get out, said state Rep. Steve Stafstrom, a Bridgeport Democrat and a sponsor of the repeal legislation.

-AND-

Laws vary from state to state. Many, like Connecticut, only go after inmates for the cost of incarceration if they come into money after leaving prison. A few, such as North Carolina, have laws on the books but almost never use them, Friedman said.

Details like this should be in school curriculum, probably starting in 6th grade, to try to deter kids from crime!!
Maybe “mock prison” assignments where you get to wait, desperately, for a job requiring routine and repetition or cleaning up fluids for $0.61 an hour and that nice menu of things you can buy after working a full week.And 3 students share one desk. And the $250 a week bill when you leave.
That reminds me a bit of Scared Straight. It's a great idea imo. It is important for kids to learn to not end up like MT and all the others.

I'd say Petu is jockeying for the spot but Claudia will overtake her.
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member