AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, in my opinion, there's only a few reasons for LE being there.

Option 1: They are informing the family that they've found Sebastian dead
Option 2: They are arresting someone in the home.
Option 3: They've found some major clues in the home that point to this being something other than a good situation
Option 4: They are informing the family that they've found Sebastian alive, but in this case, where is the kid, and why aren't they saying that they've found him so people stop looking? Which leads me to believe that this is not the correct option.

Well, it has now been aboutn20 hours since I posted this
There's been no word about Sebastian dead or alive so I guess 1 and 4 are out. And as far as I've seen, no one has been arrested.
So that leaves #3. Not good.

(Opinion) I think some have become apprehensive also because his family has not spoken to ANYONE from the media. His mother and stepfather just recently (today and yesterday) posted publicly but it was very vague.
Maybe they are just afraid of being judged. I don’t know… I sure hope this mystery is solved soon. It doesn’t look good for Sebastian…

Latest Update:

As the search for 15-year-old Sebastian Rogers enters another critical day, here's how you can make a crucial difference today:

CONTACT US: Contact us with any information you may have

• Detective Carter at 615-442-1865 or bcarter@sumnersheriff.com
• TBI Agent Simmons at 1-800-TBI-FIND or bobby.simmons@tbi.tn.gov
• Sumner County Sheriff's Office at 615-451-3838.

CAMERAS: Surveillance Footage and Trail Cameras

We're asking everyone in the area to meticulously review footage from security and trail cameras. Please focus on the timeframe from SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH MONDAY MORNING. We believe even the smallest detail could be the key to locating Sebastian.

• What to Look For: ANY FOOTAGE, no matter how seemingly insignificant. ANY movements, vehicles, or individuals.
• How to Share: Register here FususRegistry then send an email to bcarter@sumnersheriff.com or call (615) 442-1865 and we will physically retrieve the footage.

SEARCH: Leave No Stone Unturned

Continue thorough searches of your property:

• Where to Look: In, under, and around all possible areas – sheds, garages, under tarps, in dense brush, etc. Think of places where a child might seek shelter or could accidentally become trapped.

Thank you for your attention and for all that you're doing to help. Let's keep hope alive and work together for Sebastian's safe return.

This from a reporter with a local News station:
1709432382449.jpeg
NEARLY A WEEK AS THE SEARCH CONTINUES AND NO TRACE.
Sebastian Rogers — a 15-year-old with autism — has now been missing for more than six days and remains the subject of an ongoing Amber Alert out of Sumner County, TN.
You see new photos here of the ongoing search effort happening today.
Sebastian disappeared from his Sumner County, TN home either Sunday or early Monday morning.
Authorities did NOT give a news briefing today … which means there have been no new signifcant developments.
The Sumner County sheriff did post this:
—-
We're asking everyone in the area to meticulously review footage from security and trail cameras.
Please focus on the time frame from SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH MONDAY MORNING.
—-
***Unless I’m mistaken, this is NEW.
To date, I was under the impression Sebastian was last seen by his parents Sunday night.
Now, possibly Sunday afternoon?
It appears something in the investigation has changed.
Need to ask the sheriff maybe for clarification.
Now my sources do tell me authorities are considering possibilities other than that Sebastian just wandered away on his own
Yes, that includes foul play.
After six days here is the harsh reality:
If Sebastian is alone he must be lost, hurt or trapped somewhere.
And six days without food or water would be problematic.
If he could, by now he almost certainly would have come out from wherever he was hiding.
To date there have been no confirmed sightings of Sebastian ... no video of the teen captured on an ring or security cameras in the neighborhood ... and dogs have not picked up any scent of the boy.
He did not have a cellphone.
Authorities say the family has cooperated to this point with the investigation.
So far, family members have declined to speak out publicly.
Investigators will be interviewing and reinterviewing everyone who might have had contact with Sebastian — friends, family, neighbors — looking for any inconsistencies or stories that change.
They have not publicly said that they suspect foul play.
And everyone hopes and prays Sebastian is found safe
But, again as I’ve said before: Children simply do not vanish on their own without a trace.
Anyone with information about Sebastian's whereabouts is encouraged to call Sumner County Sheriff's Office at 615-451-3838 or TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND.
SHARE.

I don't have much experience with people with autism. I know a lot of little kids like to elope and are fascinated with water, but does the danger instinct usually kick in by Sebastian's age?
I’m autistic and the answer to your question is no.

IMHAutisticO

Edit to add: On the spectrum I’m a level one. And, at that age I did not have the concept of danger. But all of us who are on the spectrum are different.

Last edited:
“We believe even the smallest detail could be the key to finding Sebastian,” the Sumner County Sheriff’s Office said in a Facebook post.

Officials are also encouraging people to continue to search their properties for possible areas such as sheds, garages, tarps, dense brush, etc.

“Think of places where a child might seek shelter or could accidentally become trapped,” The Sumner County Sheriff’s Office said

Hope they are checking chimneys and what others are saying, anywhere he could hide. Maybe he was upset with his parents. I know he's autistic, but he's 15 too. Maybe parents were trying to discipline him. I don't know. This is really sad.

“One thing about Tennessee and the Southeast is that we’re always going to have people that want to help, and we’ve gotten calls from people across the state for people who want to come in and help us,” Weidner told WKRN. “The thing we got to do is be able to manage that. So, we track everybody that’s on the ground. The first two days we did 2,000 miles of people walking and we haven’t run those numbers for the entire duration of this operation, but it’s great to be able to call in specialized groups that do the things we can’t do. It’s really good.”

On Saturday, March 2, the Sumner County Sheriff’s Office said people could aid in the search by reviewing security cameras and focus on the afternoon of Sunday, Feb. 25 through the morning of Monday, Feb. 26.

The sheriff’s office told WKRN that an anonymous group of business owners in the Nashville area have pledged a minimum cash reward of $3,000 for information that helps investigators find Sebastian

New details into the family of the missing 15-year-old Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers.
The teen lives with his biological mother, stepfather and younger stepbrother. His biological father is also a deputy with the Davidson County Sheriff's Office
The fact that Sebastian's bio father is a police officer, as reported by MSM, may be why the family has chosen not to comment. A member of LE may have experience with the social media backlash the parents of missing children often face. Just a guess.

The fact that Sebastian's bio father is a police officer, as reported by MSM, may be why the family has chosen not to comment. A member of LE may have experience with the social media backlash the parents of missing children often face. Just a guess.
I definitely cannot blame them! You’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

I just hope this young man is okay, although I'm not optimistic.

He looks to me like he has Fragile X syndrome, and I remember a boy with the same condition who was somewhat younger, and he ran into the woods and HID from searchers because he had been told not to talk to strangers. Thankfully, he was located in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592