GUILTY VA - Codi Bigsby, 4, last seen at dad's home, Hampton, 31 Jan 2022 *dad charged* #2

Wow! I haven't read this confession before. He claims to have put Codi in a dumpster, took him out, then buried him under a tree?? If true, LE would have found him by now. More than likely, he put him in the dumpster and that is why we will never find him. :( I think the first confession was closer to the truth as far as his death. :(

Of course he is claiming accident. If truly an accident, why in the world would he have tape around his ankles and on his wrists?? Come on, please, please get justice for Codi!! Find this monster guilty!

Codi1.JPG

Codi2.JPG

Codi3.JPG

Codi4.JPG

Codi5.JPG

Codi6.JPG

Last edited:
So for today the state said they would have 19 witnesses the defense 30 apparently . They are picking 2 sets of jury and no one was allowed in court during this. Am waiting for msm to confirm. And finally I hope we get the answer from Mr bigsby where's Codi jmoo

I hope Codi's brother is receiving good support and remember, he will not have to testify in court, but remotely via video, thankfully. I hope he remembers a lot, but even if he didn't specifically witness his brother's life end he may have very very important testimony to give about Cory's parenting practices, disciplinary tactics etc.

as to the defense's witnesses, I am betting there will be several "experts" who try to claim Cory has a mental health issue that would cause him to wrongfully confess in writing multiple times and the rest will be Cory's very supportive and vocal family members.

who knows, maybe they'll finally produce those photos of Codi alive they've claimed to have from the get go but never shown anyone. ;)

MAR 4, 2024
[...]

There are only 18 cases in Virginia history of a murder being prosecuted without a body, according to a database compiled by Tad DiBiase, a former federal prosecutor who prosecuted such a case. The list goes back to 1810. But it’s the second such case on the Peninsula in recent months, following a Newport News murder case late last year.

[...]

... A second trial against Bigsby, on the series of child neglect charges involving Codi and his brothers, will take place later.

MAR 5, 2024
Opening statements are expected Tuesday in the murder trial for Cory Bigsby, the man accused of killing his 4-year-old son. Cory Bigsby was charged with second-degree murder and concealing a dead body.

Jury selection in the case began Monday morning but will extend into Tuesday morning.

Commonwealth's Attorney Anton Bell and defense attorney Curtis Brown questioned potential jurors, one by one. They would ask questions inquiring about their knowledge of the case including media exposure. They also asked about any encounters with law enforcement officers.

Late Monday afternoon, a potential juror said in court that another potential juror had made a comment about the Bigsby case to her while in the courthouse. Afterward, Brown told the judge, "Your Honor, I'm moving for a mistrial!"

Judge Hawks overruled, and the selection process continued.

Trial begins for Cory Bigsby, the man accused of killing son Codi

no such luck Mr. Brown.

Bigsby murder trial updates: Jury selection continues in Hampton, Virginia noon update.

1:00 p.m. - Jury selection progressing​

22 potential jurors have been selected, 2 more are needed. Once those two are chosen, a jury will be seated and opening statements will begin.

11:40 a.m. — Jury selection is still ongoing​

13News Now's Angelique Arintok reports that attorneys are questioning potential jurors in the first batch of people. The next batch should be called in after lunchtime.

9:15 a.m. — Where things left off Monday​

Court officials spent the day picking jurors, as the first day of trial for Cory Bigsby began in Hampton Monday.
A Hampton sheriff’s deputy told 13News Now that there is a pool of 68 people that court officials are picking from. They need to select 12 jurors and several alternates for the jury.
By the end of the first day of trial, 11 members were selected for the smaller pool of 24 needed by attorneys to select from. + Ebm to add text

Bigsby murder trial updates: Jury selection continues in Hampton, Virginia.

Potential juror calls case a 'hot mess'​

Hampton Commonwealth's Attorney Anton Bell said an FBI agent will be asked to take the stand, while the defense plans to call one of Bigsby's family members to testify.
The new information came out during the questioning of potential jurors on Tuesday.
In court, one of those potential jurors described the circumstances of this case as a "hot mess" due to the multiple perspectives and concerns at play.
At one point during Tuesday's proceedings, one of Bigsby's attorneys, Curtis Brown, asked Judge James Hawks to recuse himself from the case. Brown accused the judge of siding with the prosecution too often in requests whether to keep or release a potential juror.
Judge Hawks denied the defense's motion right away.

Bigsby murder trial updates: Jury selection continues in Hampton, Virginia.

Potential juror calls case a 'hot mess'​

Hampton Commonwealth's Attorney Anton Bell said an FBI agent will be asked to take the stand, while the defense plans to call one of Bigsby's family members to testify.
The new information came out during the questioning of potential jurors on Tuesday.
In court, one of those potential jurors described the circumstances of this case as a "hot mess" due to the multiple perspectives and concerns at play.
At one point during Tuesday's proceedings, one of Bigsby's attorneys, Curtis Brown, asked Judge James Hawks to recuse himself from the case. Brown accused the judge of siding with the prosecution too often in requests whether to keep or release a potential juror.
Judge Hawks denied the defense's motion right away.
I wonder if that was Amina and browns way to delay trial ,glad the judge said nope . I really wish this was televised or covered in YouTube, Amina and Brown are worse then horn and little horn . I hope the judge is onto defenses ways .jmoo

Bigsby murder trial updates: Jury selection continues in Hampton, Virginia
When proceedings wrapped up on Tuesday, Judge James Hawks instructed the remaining 26 potential jurors not to research this case, watch any news, or talk about it with anyone.
The ultimate goal is to filter the group down to 12 jurors and two alternates. That will be the first objective on Wednesday morning, with opening statements to follow shortly afterward.

And then… opening statements will begin.

The defense team hinted during Voir Dire that they may argue that Codi Bigsby is still alive and living in another state with someone else.
They also hinted that Cory Bigsby may choose to not take the stand.
Prosecutors said during Voir Dire that they plan to allege that Bigsby beat his son to death, spread feces over his body, and then got rid of his body.

Bigsby has pleaded not guilty to murder and concealing a body.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ATLSooner
Back