AMBER ALERT WI - Elijah Vue, 3 year old Elijah Vue, Two Rivers, 20 Feb 2024

Highly unlikely that some random "opportunistic abductor" just happened to be driving down the street at that moment. Occams Razor applied here suggests this child was was killed by the person abusing him, imo.
@ManicMuggle83 I completely appreciate your comment. It's just that I envisioned a different scenario than the one you suggested.

Looking at the photo released last week of Vang and Elijah at the auto shop, I see a little boy who is withdrawn and frightened. His body language - which I recognize because it was often mine at that age - spoke volumes, as did Vang's, IMO. Elijah wanted to be anywhere but there. He was cold and scared.

Jesse Vang's teenaged son was living in the same apartment. I don't know if the police have talked to the boy; I recall there was reporting that he is autistic or on the spectrum. Vang himself told police he took that boy to get on the school bus that morning, before then taking a several-hour nap.

What I'm wondering is, was Elijah able to get that boy to open to apartment door? Did Elijah get out the door after they left? Did he find some other way out? I'm haunted by the descriptor that he may have been wearing or carrying his red, black and white plaid blanket.

Couldn't a three-year-child run away, try to find their way home, wherever that might be to them? I just keep thinking of Elijah walking, walking, losing a shoe, walking, trying to get to his mom. It's not that he steps outside and someone driving by at just that instant grabs him. It's more, he wanders, directionless, until there is an encounter.

What would a little boy do if someone grown up said, "I can take you to your mommy"?

The searching has been incredible, exhaustive, and nothing yet.

I go over and over this because I cannot come to grips with those two people sitting in jail saying not a word about where Elijah is, if one or both of them know. I just can't accept they don't care he's dead.

JMO

Last edited:
Sadly, no plate readers in the area at all (I put a star at the approximate location of Two Rivers). They would have had to go up to Green Bay or down to Milwaukee to encounter one, and no reason for that when they have hundreds of miles of lakeshore and wooded areas to access. Ugh. I hope someone has them on camera somewhere to narrow this down.
WI plate readers.png

MAR 4, 2024
According to Monday's update from the Two Rivers Police Department, officials are currently in possession of the vehicle in question. It is a 1997 four-door beige Nissan Altima with a Wisconsin license plate beginning with the letter 'A' and ending with the number zero (0).

Authorities are now requesting that the public review surveillance camera footage captured on Feb. 19 between 2 and 9 p.m. for any sign of the vehicle.

Police ask public to search security footage on Feb. 19 for a 1997 four-door Nissan Altima, biege in color, bearing Wisconsin registration beginning with A and end with 0.

image-25-4.png

Authorities in Wisconsin revealed on Monday that a car of interest had been identified in the search for a missing 3-year-old boy as they asked nearby homeowners to review security camera footage for any sign of the toddler.

In an update posted on Facebook Monday evening, the Two Rivers Police Department requested that homeowners and businesses review surveillance footage captured between 2 and 9 p.m. on Feb. 19 as they continued to search for Elijah Vue. Police urged residents in the Two Rivers area to review video, as well as those in adjacent counties.

Authorities also said a vehicle of interest was identified and was in the possession of law enforcement. Police released pictures of the car, a 1997 four-door beige Nissan Altima. The vehicle has a Wisconsin license plate that begins with "A" and ends with "0."

On Tuesday, police will expand their rural search efforts with large-scale operations and assistance from law enforcement from across the state, according to the Two Rivers Police Department.

Baur and Vang both appeared for their initial court appearances last week, at which time preliminary hearings were set for March 7, according to court records.

Nearby homeowners and businesses with video footage that might be of interest to police were asked to upload it here.

Interesting how LE is going about it. If they have the vehicle, they know the full license plate number. They only state the first and last character. Enough for people to search their camera video, but not reveal who the car belongs to?

MOO

What would be the reason for not releasing the full license plate number and therefore the person who owns the car? Maybe it doesn't belong to either of the people currently sitting in jail, but it was stolen and potentially used to take Elijah somewhere, and they don't want a witch hunt against an innocent person?

MAR 4, 2024
[...]

In an emailed press release Monday, Chief Ben Meinnert said investigators had the beige 1997 4-door Nissan Altima in their possession, but wanted folks to check their video databases for video of the vehicle from Feb. 19 between 2pm and 9pm.

[...]

The time frame Meinnert targeted is from the night before the boyfriend of Elijah Vue's mother reported the 3-year-old missing.

Jesse Vang told police he was babysitting Elijah on Feb. 20 when he fell asleep around 8 a.m, prosecutors said. When Vang woke up 3 hours later, he said Elijah was gone, according to a criminal complaint.

[...]

MAR 5, 2024
On Tuesday, police will expand their rural search efforts with large-scale operations and assistance from law enforcement from across the state, according to the Two Rivers Police Department.

Last edited:
What would be the reason for not releasing the full license plate number and therefore the person who owns the car? Maybe it doesn't belong to either of the people currently sitting in jail, but it was stolen and potentially used to take Elijah somewhere, and they don't want a witch hunt against an innocent person?
I’ve been wondering about this too. Could the car have been “borrowed” from someone else (one or both currently in jail)? Hmmm

this is my thought too. maybe not stolen, but borrowed.

MAR 4, 2024
[...]

In an emailed press release Monday, Chief Ben Meinnert said investigators had the beige 1997 4-door Nissan Altima in their possession, but wanted folks to check their video databases for video of the vehicle from Feb. 19 between 2pm and 9pm.

[...]

The time frame Meinnert targeted is from the night before the boyfriend of Elijah Vue's mother reported the 3-year-old missing.

Jesse Vang told police he was babysitting Elijah on Feb. 20 when he fell asleep around 8 a.m, prosecutors said. When Vang woke up 3 hours later, he said Elijah was gone, according to a criminal complaint.

[...]

MAR 5, 2024
I didn’t sleep much last night thinking about this. LE has a 7 hour window they’re now focusing on, could be quite a distance that was travelled, or timeframe that could not be accounted for by someone or both, etc. They’re getting closer. Tick tock.

Two Rivers police clarified a vehicle of interest in the case of missing Elijah Vue is not owned by the child's mother or her boyfriend.

"Our interest is not with the current owner of the vehicle, only in the camera footage captured on February 19, 2024, between the hours of 2:00 PM - 9:00 PM," police wrote on social media.

Police did not reveal any further details on why the vehicle is a part of the investigation.

“We are requesting homeowners and businesses to review their surveillance camera footage captured on February 19, 2024 between the hours of 2:00 PM - 9:00 PM,” the department said on Facebook.
[snip]
Two Rivers PD said on Tuesday that the vehicle does not belong to either Ms Baur or Mr Vang and that officers are not interested in the owner, only the vehicle’s movements.

Mr Vang reported Elijah missing on 20 February, claiming that he went for a nap at 8am and woke to find the child gone.
[snip]

The 39-year-old told police that the boy was subjected to lengthy time outs and was threatened with cold water if he misbehaved. On the morning he disappeared, Mr Vang had allegedly told Elijah to stand at the foot of his bed and pray.
Elijah Vue: Police release new photos of car in connection to boy’s disappearance

1st BBM this is the car they believe Vang borrowed to dispose of little man on the 19th. MOO

2nd BBM Jesus wept, I cannot for the life of me imagine what a toddler did for his mother to think he deserved "discipline" by this monster. If this is what he copped to can you imagine how much worse the discipline was in actuality?? Pray? Seriously? If that happened I can only imagine that sweet little guy praying mommy would come rescue him from the monster. I have hate in my heart for these people. Sorry but it's true.

You know, all this time I've been assuming that 'threatened with cold water' meant that Elijah would have to take a cold shower, but now that we have reason to believe he was transported somewhere else, I'm starting to think this poor boy is going to be found in water. 'Cold water' might have meant being forced into the freezing cold lake or river instead. :(

The mother allegedly said she wanted Vang to punish the boy for his bad behavior, which included not being potty trained, according to authorities.

Vang said his discipline involved making Elijah stand for one to three hours in "time outs," during which he was told to pray and to repeat “I’m sorry, Mommy,” the complaints allege.

Investigators said they had seized cellphones belonging to Vang and Baur as part of their investigation into the boy's disappearance. Days before Elijah went missing, Vang texed Baur he was "angry" the boy had "overfilled his diaper with poop and pee," and had put him in a cold shower, the complaints contend.

Vang then texted the boy was "clean but scared," the complaints allege.
Missing Elijah Vue, 3, Was Forced to Stand in 3-Hour 'Time Outs': Cops

Vang also forced the 3-year-old to take a cold shower and regularly threatened him with cold water for not complying, the criminal compliant stated. Both Baur and Vang maintained that they didn't have anything to do with Elijah's disappearance.
Police give new update in search for missing Wisconsin toddler Elijah Vue

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back