Deceased/Not Found GA - Monisha Leath, 32, near Rome, 24 Feb 2022 *guilty*

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
MISSING PERSON ALERT: Monisha Sharae Leath was last seen near the Polk and Floyd County lines on Thursday, February 24. Anyone with information on Leath's whereabouts should call the GBI at 1-800-597-TIPS(8477).
274924301_322505769906523_4825107574552471189_n.jpg

Police search for missing woman last seen in Floyd County

Her FB

Monisha Sharae

Per this article, Monisha was contemplating leaving her husband of about a year, with whom she had been having issues. Her sister tried video calling her at 5:00 PM the day of her disappearance, and her husband answered and said Monisha was in the store. o_O Then at 6:30 PM, her sister got a call from Monisha's children's afterschool program that they had not been picked up, which her sister says Monisha would NEVER have willingly done. Also a bit odd that the children's stepfather wasn't listed as the next contact versus their aunt, but I suppose it can happen.

Interestingly, on her Facebook page on February 11, Monisha commented "No" to a post that she reposted, asking the question if it is possible for men to be 100% faithful. Also interestingly, he's nowhere on her page, but she shows up on his. He unfortunately has a common name; but I noticed this POTENTIALLY UNRELATED news article from January. I will note that Monisha lists herself as living in Cave Spring on Facebook, her sister references Monisha's husband as having this name, and Monisha is pictured with three children on social media. His mugshot is rough, but he does resemble the husband's Facebook photo, especially the deep crease where his nose meets his brows. However, he does not show up in Floyd County court records, which is unfortunate, as Floyd County will let you look at the actual court documents. It's possible charges were dropped, or also that Monisha's disappearance left police without a plaintiff.

GBI Still Searching, Monisha Sharae Leath | Sherrell Writes | NewsBreak Original
https://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/national/article259237880.html

AUG 4, 2022
[...]

Joseph Leroy Jones, 30, was charged in April in connection with the death and disappearance of Monisha Leath, who had been missing since late February. Jones was arrested in Thomson on unrelated charges a day after Leath was reported missing and later was transferred to DeKalb County.

Jones is charged with felony counts of second-degree murder as well as second-degree malice murder, along with aggravated assault by strangulation and aggravated stalking.

The GBI confirmed Thursday that Leath’s body has not yet been found.

Jones was denied bond at his first appearance Thursday morning, a day after he was booked into the county jail following the completion of his sentence for probation violation in DeKalb County.

[...]

1662347962178.png

Testimony from the trial from three of Jones family members indicated that he told them what happened prior to her disappearance. A witnesses said that the fight between the Leath and Jones began after it was discovered that he had gotten another woman pregnant. Leath allegedly charged after him with a knife and he knocked the knife out of her hand before choking her to death.

Investigators said that Jones then fled to South Carolina where he was arrested.

During the trail Jones claimed the incident was self-defense but according to Tallapoosa Circuit District Attorney Jack Browning, “the actions after the incident imply that he did anything other than act in self-defense.”

The jury found Jones guilty of malice murder and aggravated assault

Jones, 33, was sentenced to life without parole by Polk County Superior Court Judge Andrew Roper on Wednesday after he was convicted last month in the murder of his wife, Monisha Leath, whose body has yet to be found.

“I can’t help to think she had more to offer and I know her life was taken too soon,” Roper told Jones before handing down his sentence. “I don’t think we will ever know the extent of what happened. But I know that Moe’s life had value. Her family has a void in their life that they will never fill. Her children will never know the comfort of their mother’s hug.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smoore9861
Back