Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh the law changed, but the psychosis of the murderers remained the same!!

Chris Dawson, for example, when he murdered his wife, that law was not operative, but it came in 2 days before he was convicted 40 years later. So he doesn't get parole until he produces Lynn's body. Which he may never do, because that means he admits to murder.....

Paul Wilkinson murdered Kylie Labauschange, he buried her somewhere between Grafton and Newcastle, he won't tell anyone because it is revenge on her family for helping convict him by providing Kylie's phone messages. He'd rather stay in prison than give them the satisfaction. Keeping in mind , one is dealing with sick psycho creeps, this is how it works for them.

Motive. He doesn't need one. Perhaps it just felt good. God knows. maybe even God doesn't know. I am sure in his own little mind he has ,or had, a motive. Not that it needed to have anything to do with Samantha Murphy. So good to crash into , Emirates, my idol.

Emirates, in the spirit of the Committed Websleuther, went to the house opening of a murderer to check the place out!!..
Oh Trooper I still drive by today on the way to my daughters house….certainly a moment in time….I will never forget that house and the photographs that were and were not displayed along with the displacement of KR’s - clothing from the Water Gardens business. Don’t thank me your insight from ABC/GBC and others from 2012 has drawn every body to your insight.

I heard a moment ago on ABC radio that the arrest came about as a result of both phone ping data and public information (paraphrasing,)

Yes, in the presser Comm Patton said that .... “I’m not going to identify what has specifically led us to this man other than to say it came about from painstaking detective work with great assistance from the public”.

It does sound as if the police have received some really useful tips or information.

imo

Firstly, my thoughts go out to all of Samantha’s family - especially to her husband who has had continuous accusations thrown at him over the last month.

I’ve just caught up in this thread and Since the arrest of the POI there has still been a couple of posters questioning the husbands demeanour in his latest talk with the press - Can this STOP now? This man is innocent.

One thing I find strange in this case is the fact that LE haven’t released pictures of his car - surely that could help in the recovery of her body as somebody might have seen the car parked up in a strange place (like in the Madeline Soto case).. is it possible they are working on the theory that the POI was on foot?

Given the Jesse Baird and Luke Davies case, I think at some point the accused is going to crack and tell the police where Samantha's body is.
NSW has a new,"No body, no parole," legislation. I don't think Victorians had this in situ at present. His counsel also advised him to say where their bodies were.
I'm hoping counsel advises him to divulge the information.

I have no doubt he has had issues... bullying, mental health, trauma etc ..all conveniently covered up IMO.... no-one ever just suddenly murders another person!!!! without any history, signs, provocation...there would have been many many signs ...no criminal history? BS...none on record...but juvenile offences are undisclosed.....his family would have definitely had some idea, his school, his friends, ...he has murdered a much loved person, a mother, wife, friend....This is not just a 5 minute psychotic episode...may he rot in hell...along with his enablers!

Agree. Where is mum and dad ? Should have been sorted out from day one

I have a feeling, If he wasn't caught, could have easily killed again

NSW has a new,"No body, no parole," legislation. I don't think Victorians had this in situ at present. His counsel also advised him to say where their bodies were.
Can I just say that Victoria does have that law? .. Tasmania does not, and NSW has very recently enacted it into law.. The ACT does not have it, but all other states, except Tas do.

Victoria is a "no body, no parole" state.
Recently there is has been a campaign for "no body, no release" and that is different and has been opposed so far.

For example, you could be sentenced to 25 years instead of "life". Rather than get parole for good behaviour at the 17 year mark (for example) you are released only at the expiry of the sentence. However, if he gets a life sentence and there is no body, he will not ever get out. Assuming he is convicted.

Victoria is a "no body, no parole" state.
Recently there is has been a campaign for "no body, no release" and that is different and has been opposed so far.

For example, you could be sentenced to 25 years instead of "life". Rather than get parole for good behaviour at the 17 year mark (for example) you are released only at the expiry of the sentence. However, if he gets a life sentence and there is no body, he will not ever get out. Assuming he is convicted.
I do have a certain respect and admiration for the no body no release concept. .. I can see where it overides universal law, to a certain extent... that is it's main stumbling block, and no small matter, either. But one can see which way things are trending in jurisprudence, and not just in AU...

One snag of the no body, no release idea, is what happens if the convicted person is actually not guilty of the crime, and actually has no idea where the body might be.

You would be kind of stuck inside forever, for something you didn't do.

Edited to say I am thinking about cases generally.

Last edited:
Firstly, my thoughts go out to all of Samantha’s family - especially to her husband who has had continuous accusations thrown at him over the last month.

I’ve just caught up in this thread and Since the arrest of the POI there has still been a couple of posters questioning the husbands demeanour in his latest talk with the press - Can this STOP now? This man is innocent.

One thing I find strange in this case is the fact that LE haven’t released pictures of his car - surely that could help in the recovery of her body as somebody might have seen the car parked up in a strange place (like in the Madeline Soto case).. is it possible they are working on the theory that the POI was on foot?

No one is questioning his demeanour. Calm down. People are expressing sympathy for him.

If anything anything he had to come under scrutiny even harder because as a tactic the police didn’t want to give away what they knew and refused to publicly rule him out.

He’s a very brave, courageous man who unfortunately is enduring the worst thing that’s ever happened to him. But people speculating it was him served it’s purpose in the long run to not tip the actual suspect off until arrest.

I saw a comment earlier that mentioned another women has been missing from Ballarat since December. I hope we don't have another victim as well as SM. Also, I read a post on facebook referring to the accused as having some criminal form of some nature. Keep in mind a women going for a jog on a Sunday morning is one of life's great joys and to think this is the outcome is as low an act as it gets. I must admit I did hvae my suspicions on MM and want to apoligiise for I was well off the mark.

IMO - Doesn’t murder mean by definition that it’s premeditated? Perhaps the police have found that the accused has material suggesting he was going to do something like this? MOO

In Victoria, premeditation doesn't seem to come into any of their categories of murder. All that matters is the intent.

But I know in one case in the US that I followed, years ago, the premeditation was deemed to have been seconds before the murder. In other words, the intent to murder was formed a few seconds before the murder, so it was classed as a premeditated murder.

Maybe that is why it doesn't matter in Vic. If a person is proven to have the intent, that means they thought about it - premeditated on it - even if it was for a few seconds.

imo

Last edited:

Thank you for saying that.
It's what I've been thinking but couldn't put it as well as you have.

IMO - Doesn’t murder mean by definition that it’s premeditated? Perhaps the police have found that the accused has material suggesting he was going to do something like this? MOO
To my understanding premeditation doesn’t mean that the murder was crafted for a long period of time. It’s basically attacking someone with the clear intend to kill IMO.

I posted yesterday that Victoria, WA, SA, Qld,&NT all has no body, no parole. Recently NSW introduced it also for the Chris Dawson case (Lyn's Law).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahadelaide