AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
“I saw that boy’s picture and knew instinctively he was autistic,” Williams said. “My stomach just had all kinds of emotions wondering what those parents must be feeling, wondering if he’s afraid somewhere.”
I would really like to know how Williams knew instinctively that Sebastian was autistic just by looking at his picture.

There have been cases where as soon as LE was aware of a missing child, they had all garbage coming in from a certain area kept separate at the landfill from other incoming loads. Then they could search it as determined needed.

I hope that was done, so the job is easier. And am glad they are taking this step.

But hope and pray they find nothing.

*sry for edit, I was trying to correct grammar and I wiped it out. I was wondering which facial features the expert focused on with her statement as to knowing Sebastian was autistic by seeing his photo. I thought it was ridiculous because it sounds so stereotypical.

Last edited:
I find it interesting that these parents were referred to the podcast by a family member and chose that avenue to finally share the interview in that manner. Your child is missing, why not be interviewed locally I wonder.
RSBM

I would be on every local news channel -- begging and pleading for information about my son.

The two spoke on a YouTube podcast called Missing Tennessee with Dutchess.

"When I went to wake him up for school he wasn't there," said the mother.

"Between the hours of 12 and six, he has basically vanished. Walked out of the house. Door was locked. Gone," the stepfather said.

*starts around the 6:00 mark. I feel for the mom. Both take questions.:

BBM... door was locked. Are the exterior doors able to be locked and then closed? Or do they require a key? Does Sebastian HAVE a key, or have access to one?
The two spoke on a YouTube podcast called Missing Tennessee with Dutchess.

"When I went to wake him up for school he wasn't there," said the mother.

"Between the hours of 12 and six, he has basically vanished. Walked out of the house. Door was locked. Gone," the stepfather said.

I would really like to know how Williams knew instinctively that Sebastian was autistic just by looking at his picture.
Actually, for what it’s worth, I have an adult autistic son, and I’m always able to see in pictures and videos when other males — especially teens and young adults— are autistic. There’s something recognizable in the facial expressions.

BBM... door was locked. Are the exterior doors able to be locked and then closed? Or do they require a key? Does Sebastian HAVE a key, or have access to one?
"Between the hours of 12 and six, he has basically vanished. Walked out of the house. Door was locked. Gone," the stepfather said

I so wish the stepfather would have committed more to explain what he meant. It doesn’t really make sense without pronouns. There’s missing information. Could something have had already happened to Sebastian before this scenario about the locked door? The way he says gone hit me wrong, like it was final.

"Between the hours of 12 and six, he has basically vanished. Walked out of the house. Door was locked. Gone," the stepfather said

I so wish the stepfather would have committed more to explain what he meant. It doesn’t really make sense without pronouns. There’s missing information. Could something have had already happened to Sebastian before this scenario about the locked door? The way he says gone hit me wrong, like it was final.
Yes, I feel the same.
“Door was locked. Gone.” just rings false or wrong or something.

*sry for edit, I was trying to correct grammar and I wiped it out. I was wondering which facial features the expert focused on with her statement as to knowing Sebastian was autistic by seeing his photo. I thought it was ridiculous because it sounds so stereotypical.
It really does. Can people tell by my picture that I’m autistic?! That is without knowing that I am actually autistic!? Certainly not.

moo ymmv

*'If someone has you, run': Sebastian Rogers' bio father reaches out to his son.

Seth Rogers told NewsChannel 5 he doesn't understand why he wandered away from his Hendersonville home, but he hopes his son can somehow hear his voice or read his words.

"Maybe around the next corner, I see him," Rogers said. "I just want my son to come home. If he hears me, I want him to tell somebody, 'I need your phone. Call 911.' If someone has you, son, run. Run to the next person you meet. Tell them who you are. Let them find you. Let the police find you so they can bring you back to me."

"I have been helping with the search, but they aren't giving me a lot of information, but I go out and look for him every day," Rogers said.

Rogers said Sebastian going off on his own doesn't make any sense.

"Nothing is adding up. I don't know what is going on. Is there foul play? I don't know," Rogers said. "I don't know anything. Nothing makes sense right now."

*edited to replace YouTube with article

Last edited:
RSBM

I would be on every local news channel -- begging and pleading for information about my son.
Exactly my point. They chose a podcast as their first interview and then, since to my knowledge there have been no local interviews, the local media only has the podcast to reference. I also would want to plead with my local audience and community for help.

@TBInvestigation

AMBER Alert status: As investigators and detectives from multiple agencies continue to actively search for 15-year-old Sebastian Rogers, missing since last week, we want to share some additional photos of him. Call 1-800-TBI-FIND with any info you may have.

An Endangered Child Alert has been issued for 15yo Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers on behalf of the Sumner Co. SO.He was seen earlier today near Stafford Court in Hendersonville wearing a black sweatshirt, black sweatpants & glasses.Tips? SCSO at 615-451-3838 or 1-800-TBI-FIND.
1709842450814.png

Numerous local and state agencies continue to search for 15 y/o Sebastian Rogers. We’re asking residents in Sumner County, especially around Beech High School and Long Hollow Pike, to check any space on their property where he could seek shelter.

1709842615004.png

Last edited:
“Investigators with the Sumner County Sheriff’s Office, assisted by Kentucky State Police, are searching the landfill in Kentucky where trash went from Sebastian’s neighborhood,” said Craddock.
*could they not only be looking for Sebastian’s body but other items a murderer might get rid of: paperwork, bloody clothes, towels, weapon, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
widaniels