NE NE - Tyler Goodrich, 35, left his house to go on a run, Lincoln, 3 Nov 2023

I think it might be the photo because MV's nose looks broken, too.

Noticed that about MV; it probably had been broken he looks like a boxer.

I can’t find another one of TG that even starts to look like that. All the others his nose is consistently straighter from the front.

Maybe a medical person can weigh in.

imo

IMO it looks like shadows are causing it to look the way it does.

It isn’t just that picture making MV’s nose look like it had been broken.

MV nose looks that way in other pictures and videos. It is more noticeable without his glasses.

0:24
‘I’m not going to give up hope’: Tyler Goodrich’s husband breaks his silence

Scroll down to MV selfie without glasses:
“We need closure.” Loved ones desperately searching for Tyler Goodrich, a Nebraska man who vanished in November 2023

2:27

Tyler’s other pictures don’t look that way in any of the various positions and lighting. That I can find.

imo

The problem in this case is that there was no evidence of abuse. LE investigated, visited the home, interviewed the husband and the children, searched the home and listened to the recording that husband had, as well as the 911 call and found no evidence of arguing or physical violence.

There were no witnesses who came forward to support claims of DV.
The private investigator confirmed that before Tyler ran away, he had pushed the husband.

MV told Rezabek he called 911 after Goodrich pushed him. MV said Goodrich ran upstairs and then ran out of the house, his cell phone going silent shortly after he left.

Erik Rezabek is a private investigator with Bring ’em Home Nebraska, and has organized searches for Tyler.

Dumb question here: Do all employees at the DoC in Nebraska get guns assigned to them?
They probably would not be able to bring their service weapon home, right?

I just assumed Tyler was unarmed.

how did the PI "confirm" that though? Was there video evidence?

Language is tricky. We can all say anyone did anything to us.

ETA: and don't get me wrong. I am not flippant about DV and believing victims. I am simply asserting that we have to be careful with what we take as confirmed fact at this point.

The private investigator confirmed that before Tyler ran away, he had pushed the husband.

MV told Rezabek he called 911 after Goodrich pushed him. MV said Goodrich ran upstairs and then ran out of the house, his cell phone going silent shortly after he left.

Erik Rezabek is a private investigator with Bring ’em Home Nebraska, and has organized searches for Tyler.

Since Tyler is not here to say his side;

We don’t know what preceded the alleged shove.

Did MV shove TG first?
Did MV try to stop TG from leaving; step in front of him to implore him to stay as TG pushed him aside sobbing ?

We can only go by what LE determined was that: TG was in no trouble what so ever-false report.

all imo

ETA: and don't get me wrong. I am not flippant about DV and believing victims. I am simply asserting that we have to be careful with what we take as confirmed fact at this point.
Good point. The PI confirmed that was what the husband reported.
The source is still MV's word that Tyler getting physical is what prompted the 911 call.

"This was documented by Marshall. They were planning on getting divorced and I think that is probably what escalated this argument to a whole other level this night,' Rezabek said."

BBM. Good point! There is no way to prove MV was telling the truth about the shove. I'm pretty sure LE doesn't respond to 911 calls about mere arguments.

JMO

"We just want everyone to know he’s not in any trouble criminally whatsoever for anything that has transpired,” Houchin said. “So if he is in hiding and thinking he’s in trouble, he can come out and not be. He also still has his job, we just want to make that clear.”

I took this to mean: "No criminal charges will be filed (your husband will not press charges) so come home and stop scaring your kids."

In my mind Houchin's statement doesn't exclude the chance of physical violence, only that it would not be reported as such, and Tyler can now return because of this.

In other news:
I saw more flights searching today over Lincoln, once again they were at around 3,500 ft, which I think is too high but perhaps they have less vegetation in Nebraska and visibility is better. Or maybe they are looking for something larger, like a vehicle. Nobody is circling a focal point, yet.

It's so hard to make any judgements without all the information. Even Tyler's prior conviction.

To me, there could be a difference between Tyler hitting his partner and only him committing assault, and Tyler getting into mutual fisticuffs with his partner and both assaulting each other. He'd still have the conviction, but the conviction doesn't tell the whole story.

"We just want everyone to know he’s not in any trouble criminally whatsoever for anything that has transpired,” Houchin said. “So if he is in hiding and thinking he’s in trouble, he can come out and not be. He also still has his job, we just want to make that clear.”

I took this to mean: "No criminal charges will be filed (your husband will not press charges) so come home and stop scaring your kids."

In my mind Houchin's statement doesn't exclude the chance of physical violence, only that it would not be reported as such, and Tyler can now return because of this.

In other news:
I saw more flights searching today over Lincoln, once again they were at around 3,500 ft, which I think is too high but perhaps they have less vegetation in Nebraska and visibility is better. Or maybe they are looking for something larger, like a vehicle. Nobody is circling a focal point, yet.

I don’t see anything about “stop scaring the kids” in that statement.

Pretty harsh about someone who is likely taken his life or been careless with himself to the point of harm and no return.

LE has been exceptionally kind and extended many resources not a sheesh come home already response,imo.

I’m not familiar with that jurisdiction are they able to pick and choose how responses are written up, it’s subjective not based on facts?

LE puts out warrants if there is cause whether that person has run off or not, imo.

Why would we presume that reporting would be altered when it is to be brought forward in MV’s defense to say it will all go away if you TG come back?

I hope it doesn’t work that way for MV’s sake. MV called and showed his evidence.

Imo

[Mod Snip]
It's impossible to know if MV was telling the truth, or the whole truth, about the physical altercation he reported to the PI. I would think if MV reported a mutual physical altercation where both parties took turns exchanging shoves, he (PI) would have said so in his statement. Since he didn't, folks are left with the choice to believe MV's recounting of events - or not. Since sleuthing MV would not be appropriate, we don't know his history, only Tyler's.

It's entirely possible Tyler had a DV charge many years ago and never assaulted anyone since. Or maybe he did assault his husband and ran out of the house while not thinking clearly, he had to be experiencing so many overwhelming emotions all at once. Maybe he thought back to the trouble he got into for DV before and with the stakes significantly higher now - with a spouse, children, and a meaningful career on the line - he reacted by fleeing. And possibly self-harming or having an accident.

Or maybe they assaulted one another and MV didn't share that. Maybe MV even started it. Maybe worse. It's all possible. Regardless, I hope the recent searches prove fruitful and they can bring Tyler home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dumb question here: Do all employees at the DoC in Nebraska get guns assigned to them?
They probably would not be able to bring their service weapon home, right?

I just assumed Tyler was unarmed.

They don't carry service weapons on them at DOC. The only ones with guns are the ones in the towers. (Source: I used to work in one of the facilities). Tyler didn't work in a position that would require him to be armed anyways. I believe his spot was more in the administrative side of things.

[Mod Snip]
It's impossible to know if MV was telling the truth, or the whole truth, about the physical altercation he reported to the PI. I would think if MV reported a mutual physical altercation where both parties took turns exchanging shoves, he (PI) would have said so in his statement. Since he didn't, folks are left with the choice to believe MV's recounting of events - or not. Since sleuthing MV would not be appropriate, we don't know his history, only Tyler's.

It's entirely possible Tyler had a DV charge many years ago and never assaulted anyone since. Or maybe he did assault his husband and ran out of the house while not thinking clearly, he had to be experiencing so many overwhelming emotions all at once. Maybe he thought back to the trouble he got into for DV before and with the stakes significantly higher now - with a spouse, children, and a meaningful career on the line - he reacted by fleeing. And possibly self-harming or having an accident.

Or maybe they assaulted one another and MV didn't share that. Maybe MV even started it. Maybe worse. It's all possible. Regardless, I hope the recent searches prove fruitful and they can bring Tyler home.

For now, I'm going with LE's assertion that there's no evidence that a crime was committed that night.

They don't carry service weapons on them at DOC. The only ones with guns are the ones in the towers. (Source: I used to work in one of the facilities). Tyler didn't work in a position that would require him to be armed anyways. I believe his spot was more in the administrative side of things.

He likely couldn't even legally own a gun, let alone carry one for work, depending on the outcome of the prior domestic assault charge.

I hope he's found safe. This is a strange story.

He likely couldn't even legally own a gun, let alone carry one for work, depending on the outcome of the prior domestic assault charge.

I hope he's found safe. This is a strange story.

FIREARM PROHIBITIONS FOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE MISDEMEANANTS​

Although federal law permanently prohibits individuals convicted of domestic violence misdemeanors from possessing firearms, Nebraska only prohibits a person who has been convicted within the past seven years of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence from possessing a firearm.1 Nebraska law defines a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence to include certain crimes against current and former dating partners.2

March 10, 2024

Authorities haven’t retrieved the body yet because they wanted to conduct the investigation in daylight.

Houchin said it’s “highly unlikely” that the man is Tyler Goodrich because of his “physical characteristics.”

March 10, 2024

Authorities haven’t retrieved the body yet because they wanted to conduct the investigation in daylight.

Houchin said it’s “highly unlikely” that the man is Tyler Goodrich because of his “physical characteristics.”

I think (if I remember correctly) I noted in a previous post how close Salt Creek is to Tyler's home. It's a very long creek, running 25-30 miles north and east until it joins the Platte River. It looks like Waverly is something like 20 miles north from where Tyler lived. So whilst not impossible, it's a long way for a body to potentially be carried.

Houchin is probably correct that it isn't Tyler, as the dead man was wearing jeans and a sweatshirt. Unless Tyler did go back to the house.

Just want to state, generally and for everyone's info not directed at any certain person as I appreciate the discussion, that the vibe in this thread about DV is different than missing women with potential DV situations. Men are often victims as well and less likely to report, and studies amongst same sex relationships document the following:

Because the majority of the domestic violence awareness movement has focused on heterosexual relationships, members of the LGBTQ community have been largely left out of the movement. However, recent research shows that LGBTQ members fall victim to domestic violence at equal or even higher rates compared to their heterosexual counterparts.

Among male same-sex couples, socioeconomic status, attachment orientation, HIV status, and public outness, and internalized homophobia show a relationship with intimate partner violence in gay men.[21][22]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ATLSooner
Back