TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good timeline is shared here. I’m trying not to copy it all. Selected parts below.

●Around 2 a.m., Harris's roommate reported last seeing him preparing his fishing reels for a planned fishing trip before going to bed on the couch for the night.

●At either 2:20 a.m. or 3:20 a.m., an Uber Eats pickup was made from a Stripes Store on Flour Bluff Drive, indicating Harris ordered two lunchables and a Red Bull. The timestamp on the pickup from Stripes is noted as 3:20 a.m., but there could be a one-hour discrepancy.

●At 2:44 a.m., Harris sent another Snapchat, this time featuring a dog in a parking lot.

●Shortly after, at 2:58 a.m., Harris returned to the apartment with the dog after a walk.
Seems odd that he'd go to sleep (on the couch is also odd) and then either 20 mins or an hour and 20 mins later order lunch. And then walk the dog. He wasn't doing much sleeping. :(

MAR 12, 2024
[...]

His family told Fox News that they received Snapchats from Caleb about 2:45 a.m. when he went to take his new dog for a walk. The family then says that he put the dog back inside the apartment and went outside to wait for Uber Eats order to arrive. The Uber Eats delivery was marked as completed, said the family.

[...]

Crews say the search includes the East and South parts of North Padre, including spots behind the apartment complex.

Hundreds of volunteers are part of the search helping police and the U.S. Coast Guard.

[...]

MAR 12, 2024
[...]

His family told Fox News that they received Snapchats from Caleb about 2:45 a.m. when he went to take his new dog for a walk. The family then says that he put the dog back inside the apartment and went outside to wait for Uber Eats order to arrive. The Uber Eats delivery was marked as completed, said the family.

[...]

Crews say the search includes the East and South parts of North Padre, including spots behind the apartment complex.

Hundreds of volunteers are part of the search helping police and the U.S. Coast Guard.

[...]
Waiting outside for Uber eats? Seems odd. I guess some wait outside but not me. Just drop at my door.

Do we assume delivery was made and Uber eats driver cleared?

Seems odd that he'd go to sleep (on the couch is also odd) and then either 20 mins or an hour and 20 mins later order lunch. And then walk the dog. He wasn't doing much sleeping. :(

If Caleb's apartment had a layout similar to the 3BR floor plan shown on The Cottages website, the bedrooms were upstairs with entry/living/dining/kitchen on the main floor. Maybe he just fell asleep (nap) on couch rather than going upstairs. Since these are college students... sleeping on sofa could be reasonable. Also, I was thinking maybe the three of them took turns letting the dog in/out overnight... which would be more easily done if crashing on the couch.

ETA: Link to floor plan

MAR 12, 2024
[...]

[...]

[...]
New dog.
There is usually a lot of attention paid around a new pet.
Caleb was planning a fishing outing in a few days.
Uber driver marks order as complete but we all know that orders can get mistakenly delivered to somewhere else.
Just some thoughts.

MAR 12, 2024
[...]

[...]

[...]
This is the first time I'm seeing 'new dog'. It makes me think that house training is why Caleb was taking him out in the middle of the night. Looks like that trip outside was successful. Then it would appear Caleb decided to order Uber Eats, went out to get it and never came back inside? Wonder what exactly he ordered and whether the food/snacks were found inside? Wonder if someone saw him with his dog and continued to watch the apartment? MOO

Was there any delivery somewhere around? Completed and done?

It's really odd... they talk a lot about videos of him but they don't share any of them or gave any details from them (time, location, when is he barefoot, still have a tie ...)
Didn't share the one they have since the start where he is barefoot?

Last edited:

●Around 2 a.m., Harris's roommate reported last seeing him preparing his fishing reels for a planned fishing trip before going to bed on the couch for the night.

I took that sentence in the timeline as the roommate last saw him before the roommate went to sleep on the couch for the night.

Waiting outside for Uber eats? Seems odd. I guess some wait outside but not me. Just drop at my door.

Do we assume delivery was made and Uber eats driver cleared?
It isn't odd at all. Many apartment complexes are difficult to navigate for the drivers so it's easier to just meet them on the street. I do it all the time because mine is a labyrinth and I had several get lost looking for my apartment

[snipped]
●Shortly after, at 2:58 a.m., Harris returned to the apartment with the dog after a walk.
Interesting that this reports him returning to the apartment at 2:58 a.m. and upthread it was reported that his phone died/got turned off at 2:58 a.m. Coincidence? Wonder where they got the info that he returned to the apartment with the dog at 2:58 a.m.? Hoping he is safe and will be found!!

"The search also brought the group to the Laguna Madre at Dimitt Pier in Flour Bluff where they scanned the water line, thick brush and vegetation. It's where they came across a homeless encampment, but unfortunately nothing that connected to Caleb."
The search spurred a social media post of others who have gone missing here in the Coastal Bend. The post highlighted five people who have gone missing in or near Corpus Christi the last 5 years.
3NEWS looked into the cases which date back to 2019's disappearance of 36 year old Bradley Brooks.
Ivie Joe Gutierrez who was reported missing at the age of 27.
Jesse Garcia from Pleasanton who was going on a fishing trip and was last seen in or near Robstown in June 2023.
Most recent cases in Corpus Christi include Alison Tackett who was reported missing February 22, 2024.
Jerry Zamora has been missing for over a week. In a public social media post, Zamora's father said he has a medical condition that affects his memory and comprehension. He was last seen at The Oso Creek Trails off of Cimarron and Yorktown area."

<modsnip: quoted post was removed> Wonder if he was outside for another reason and they just think he was waiting for Uber Eats? How do the know that? He could have ordered it and expected it to be dropped off meanwhile he’s doing something else like seeing a friend nearby, smoking in vehicle, another apartment or etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder if he was outside for another reason and they just think he was waiting for Uber Eats? How do the know that? He could have ordered it and expected it to be dropped off meanwhile he’s doing something else like seeing a friend nearby, smoking in vehicle, another apartment or etc?

I'm right there with you. There appears to be no verifiable proof of anything he was doing at 2:58 and beyond. There's only possibilities of what people "think". There are no clues for us to even follow.

jmo

MAR 12, 2024
[...]

The mission to find Texas A&M Corpus Christi student Caleb Harris, 21, is focused on an area behind the North Padre Island apartment complex where he lives, as well as eastern and southern sections of the community, NBC affiliate WOAI of San Antonio reported.

[...]

Family members told Fox News he was in communication with them as late as 2:45 a.m. that day. He walked his dog, returned and went back outside to meet a food delivery driver, they told the network.

The delivery platform marked the order as completed, the family members told Fox News.

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member