Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: IF SS was distributing images, and we have no way of knowing if he was, it just seems possible since he had so many, could JS be charged as well if he was doing it from the apartment? It is her home, right? And she is also an adult? I would think that kind of thing could get really murky and messy and could take time to sort out if LE has more stuff on a computer in the house. How would you definitively prove who a computer belonged to when there was an ongoing romantic adult relationship?

And also why was MS school laptop thrown in the dumpster? Was there something on there as well? (I'm curious how the tamagotchis work when it comes to photos, etc. Thanks!)
My guess is to perpetuate the “runaway gone to live in the woods” scenario perhaps?
JMO

There’s been a lot of analysis about JS, but for me, it simply boils down to this:

Your daughter goes missing. Cops ask if they can search your boyfriend’s phone and he says he “accidentally” factory reset it the day she disappeared. How does that not seem suspicious? It doesn’t mean she was a willing accomplice - maybe she’s a victim too, or maybe she’s just dumb - but it’s very strange that she didn’t think that was a red flag.

There’s been a lot of analysis about JS, but for me, it simply boils down to this:

Your daughter goes missing. Cops ask if they can search your boyfriend’s phone and he says he “accidentally” factory reset it the day she disappeared. How does that not seem suspicious? It doesn’t mean she was a willing accomplice - maybe she’s a victim too, or maybe she’s just dumb - but it’s very strange that she didn’t think that was a red flag.
Right? Something doesn’t click at that point? Gimme a break.

There are signs of sexual abuse in children. Pelvic pain, genital pain, yeast infections, bladder infections, bleeding, inappropriate behaviour etc. There is more. Much more.

Do you mean to tell me that after the years of abuse that Maddie suffered NO ONE, NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON thought that something wasn’t right?

IMO a mother should notice signs, but so should others. Everyone looked the other way, unless I hear anything different.

No one helped her. No one. That poor defenceless child. I can’t even imagine.

MOO

“In the vast majority of cases where there is credible evidence that a child has been penetrated, only between 5 and 15% of those children will have genital injuries consistent with sexual abuse.” Child Sexual Abuse Statistics – The National Center for Victims of Crime

“However, most children who are evaluated for suspected sexual abuse will not have signs of injury or infection.” Understanding Medical Findings in Child Sexual Abuse: An Update For 2018

I took that the same way you did initially, but then it occurred to me that she could have meant "a lot of people have asked me to volunteer" to mean she meant a lot of people had asked her if they could volunteer.

I think it could go either way.
You’re so right!
English isn’t my first language, so I can see how I misunderstood that.

I think my mind coupled it with “why is she sitting at home not looking for her child?; why is she so nonchalant about search dogs and Maddie’s piece of clothing used in finding her and not knowing the status; or alluding to that they won’t find anything around the school/church.”
Just passes the line of odd and goes into nefarious.

“In the vast majority of cases where there is credible evidence that a child has been penetrated, only between 5 and 15% of those children will have genital injuries consistent with sexual abuse.” Child Sexual Abuse Statistics – The National Center for Victims of Crime

“However, most children who are evaluated for suspected sexual abuse will not have signs of injury or infection.” Understanding Medical Findings in Child Sexual Abuse: An Update For 2018
I hear you, but looking at the information document from 8/2/22 I feel like there would be some definite traumatic injury. I feel angry and nauseated thinking about it, though.

That came out in public with the arrest warrant on 2/28, after which he was arrested. Do we know that she was aware he reset his phone on 2/26 before he was arrested?

As far as I can recall, we don’t know anything from JS after SS’s arrest. I’m not sure what anyone can expect her to have done to publicly express suspicion of an arrested man.

last time I saw it, it wasnt on her personal page. it was a captured screenshot before her page disappeared and was posted in one of the missing Madeline FB pages.
Yeah that’s where I saw it too but the screenshot has disappeared too. But I think that particular forum was taken down actually, cause it doesn’t come up anymore.

This file has all the new things on the clerk's website today.

1. is the website
2. is the arraignment notice
3. is the information (and longest doc)

(warning: the information document is nsfl, very graphic)
ETA: Try this link if that doesn't work: Filebin | 84crzkqp8ii034r7
Everything is getting overloaded quickly!
Fist link says it’s been deleted and second one says it’s downloaded too many times

I think we may find out yet that she herself didn’t know she was a victim. If she was not conscious for it that may have been a blessing in disguise for her. I do believe we may find out this kid was being drugged.
She also may just go somewhere else in her mind all together. I did that as a kid - completely checked out mentally and created extremely imaginative worlds in my head. It’s a common way of escaping reality I think.

Sadly, it may not have even started there. Did he have siblings? Cousins? Many times they've been doing these acts for many many years, even back to their youth.

JMO
Very true. Like with Jared Leisek of Adventures With Purpose.

That came out in public with the arrest warrant on 2/28, after which he was arrested. Do we know that she was aware he reset his phone on 2/26 before he was arrested?

As far as I can recall, we don’t know anything from JS after SS’s arrest. I’m not sure what anyone can expect her to have done to publicly express suspicion of an arrested man.
Fair enough. ^^^

It seems like most posts are expressing concern over the events prior to that day, though.
As in, were there red flags, and if so -- how were they missed ?
It's sad that these crimes keep happening.
Omo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member