GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you guys keep the docket updated and refreshed. Has Horn filed more motions other than for New Trial and Acquital?
Looks like it’s all online request via email. How to Obtain Court Records The pretrial items I have gotten were from law library mainly or media. Not sure why they aren’t online as so much is in the other courts.

I know you guys keep the docket updated and refreshed. Has Horn filed more motions other than for New Trial and Acquital?
@lucegirl, Marissa alter of channel 12 is usually on top of court docs. She is just showing the two that you have. She also says mt won’t be at the hearing on the 18th.

Que lastima. Wonder if she has joined a gang yet? So many to choose from based on the prison manual too. Wonder if it’s like sorority rush? Probably not.

Bunny is a bit eerie….kinda scary actually.
IMG_1087.jpeg

This link hits a paywall - but you can see the gist of it from the title and look for other public information about it.

I have become somewhat proficient at reading these subscription based articles by changing font size and brightness - no joke. I can usually get enough crumbs to find a public article.
The article I had seen in the New London Day on this past Sunday in their “Police Logs” was what I assumed was an inmate “LG” was charged with disorderly conduct and fourth degree sexual assault on Friday, March 8.

The absurdities in the Defense’s post-conviction motions thus far are ridiculous and infuriating (duh). I’m just going to go through these “grievances” one post at a time. There is just too much to pick apart.

Relevance of the Minor Children/Victims

Defense says the “kids weren’t part of the charges? So how dare they sit in the gallery and play on jury emotions…”

OK Horn, Pot. Here is Kettle. According to YOU, Horn, the CUSTODY REPORT and FD’s Wrecking Ball strategy to get custody of the children, so they could all ski at the pond, including with MT and child, were, at least, according to you, of such relevance to the case, that YOU, brought the custodial status of the children up every 30 seconds during trial with the jury present? For what purpose? Weren’t you using the kids’s well being to play into the jury’s emotions? “Oh no - a Custody Report - the kids might be with an unfit parent who is not FD.”

The absurdities in the Defense’s post-conviction motions thus far are ridiculous and infuriating (duh). I’m just going to go through these “grievances” one post at a time. There is just too much to pick apart.

Defense says the “kids weren’t part of the charges? So how dare they sit in the gallery and play on jury emotions…”

OK Horn, Pot. Here is Kettle. According to YOU, Horn, the CUSTODY REPORT and FD’s Wrecking Ball strategy to get custody of the children, so they could all ski at the pond, including with MT and child, were, at least, according to you, of such relevance to the case, that YOU, brought the custodial status of the children up every 30 seconds during trial with the jury present? For what purpose? Weren’t you using the kids’s well being to play into the jury’s emotions? “Oh no - a Custody Report - the kids might be with an unfit parent who is not FD.”
Hear! Hear!

Prison Phone Policies in CT:

View attachment 489973

"Connecticut recently became the first state to make all phone calls for people serving time in state prisons and youth detention facilities free, and early results show the change is allowing for much more communication with the outside world".

"DOC officials declined an interview request. In a statement the agency said while the number and duration of calls allowed for people in prison — up to six times a day for a total of 90 minutes — hasn’t changed, “this frequency was often a financial impossibility.”

“Since July, we have seen the number of phone calls and e-messaging significantly increase. Providing this service, at no charge to families offers a fair and equitable avenue for keeping incarcerated individuals engaged with their community,” Ashley McCarthy, a spokesperson for the DOC said in an email. “We hope this increased accessibility allows returning citizens to feel more connected to their home life and provide a smoother transition back.”

Following up on this article: TAPING OF PRISONERS’ CALLS IS CHALLENGED

If anyone knows how the phone taping of prisoners was resolved and can post back that would be appreciated.

Friends and Family Manual for CT:

FOIA Guidelines in CT:

I hope MT is keeping a log of all her calls.
Petu, Bruja, etc.
Her lawyer told her to.

I’ll take a few softballs with the following of Defense’s reasons why a new trial must be granted…

1) Defense says that the Judge’s evidently ruling, that the cross of the State’s DNA expert, about the possibility of DNA coming in via food (cakes, salads, bunnies) was a waste of time, amounts to a constitutional due process violation (among other things …). No. Sit down. Everyone knows DNA is not transferred by cake onto faucets.

2) Horn uses some new vocabulary in the motion for a new trial; a word Judge R taught him. Horn rose to object, and interrupt the flow of, and in the middle of the State’s closing, to complain that the State was throwing Defense Counsel, himself, under the bus, for the State’s ad hominum argument, that Defense’s cross of PG was misleading.

Meant to add - you can’t argue with a new word you learned from the judge that you are appealing to…
Judge R schooled Horn SO many times and it would make a fantastically funny reel to capture them all. But, under the category 'revenge is a dish best served cold', my favourite Judge R move had to be super speedy and booming voice $6 million bond for MT. Troconis Crew and MT no doubt were stunned silent too as after being out and on a jet plane for 4 years MT finally is in the pokey.

I'm still laughing about Judge R and his brilliant sense of timing. He absolutely timed brilliantly his bond amount of $6 million such that Horn was 'mid sit' and every photographer captured it along with Horn just sinking into his chair because he knew Troconis Crew was 'tapped out' and so MT would be sitting in the pokey for a good long time. Horn didn't even have time to respond on the issue which I believe was precisely what Judge R intended as he was most likely on his absolute last nerve after dealing with Horn for nearly 4 years!

Imo it was the ultimate 'sientate' moment for Horn!

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 22.24.58.png

Last edited:
I’ll take a few softballs with the following of Defense’s reasons why a new trial must be granted…

1) Defense says that the Judge’s evidently ruling, that the cross of the State’s DNA expert, about the possibility of DNA coming in via food (cakes, salads, bunnies) was a waste of time, amounts to a constitutional due process violation (among other things …). No. Sit down. Everyone knows DNA is not transferred by cake onto faucets.

2) Horn uses some new vocabulary in the motion for a new trial; a word Judge R taught him. Horn rose to object, and interrupt the flow of, and in the middle of the State’s closing, to complain that the State was throwing Defense Counsel, himself, under the bus, for the State’s ad hominum argument, that Defense’s cross of PG was misleading.
I mean who doesn't LOVE a good Atty McGuiness "ad hominum' Closing Attack! I give him absolute credit for more self control than many in his position could have mustered in having had to deal with Horn Horning for 4+ years!

Classic that Horn appropriated that phrase as you point out and lobbed it back at Judge R!

IMG_1018.jpeg

The DNA transfer argument as you point out was vintage Horn. I think at one point I counted him saying that the children all rubbed their hands over the FD head at least ten times and how the children then went to the kitchen sink to wash their hands and this is how the dna mixture ended up on the faucet….need to send horn back for kitchen sanitation training as hand washing in kitchen sink by children in particular is a no no! But this argument was no more ridiculous than the cake and bunny as you point out. Guy had zero to work with and his personal knowledge of the topic was woefully inadequate imo as well. Just more Horn horning.

@lucegirl, Marissa alter of channel 12 is usually on top of court docs. She is just showing the two that you have. She also says mt won’t be at the hearing on the 18th.

Que lastima. Wonder if she has joined a gang yet? So many to choose from based on the prison manual too. Wonder if it’s like sorority rush? Probably not.

Bunny is a bit eerie….kinda scary actually.
View attachment 490091
@lucegirl, I know you said you were pacing yourself and going one by one but I don’t have such wisdom and patience and so just needed a reality check on this horn gem as I wasn’t sure that I was tuned into the same trial as he was for six plus weeks! Yikes.

2. The trial court erred and denied the defendant her right to effective cross examination and to present a defense, by precluding any testimony and evidence pertaining to the contents of the completed child custody report or testimony in May 2019 concerning same, despite the central role its existence played in the state’s case.

Mmmm. Thought there was some reference somewhere perhaps in a Practice Book maybe/kinda/sorta somewhere that attorneys aren’t supposed to tell porky pies aka Whoppers in Court and in their motions! Need the reference to how many practice violations are in 2. specifically but I’m sure Atty McGuiness will enlighten us eventually!

Horns 2. is imo patently false first in that the discredited report was complete (it wasn’t) and second that the report was central to the States case (it wasn’t and was only directly mentioned by them iirc in their closing argument once and the State worked quite hard to not mention the report even though Mini Horn mentioned it at least 20 times in her “testimony cross” of the “almost fired by Judge Heller” GAL atty Meehan).

Report was disallowed and stricken from the Family Court record as has been discussed here ad nauseam….
IMG_0980.jpeg
IMG_1078.jpegIMG_1078.jpeg
Also, after you finish your next “wine o clock” and take a deep dive into 10. on the Horn motion, I’m still not thinking that Horn is properly applying the much discussed Moody case. Suggest a second bottle might be needed to deal with moody. I’ve now asked 2 research law librarians and both simply scratched their heads at Horns interpretation and said “nope”….curious on your thoughts as I think atty McGuiness also schooled Horn on Moody case and Judge R gave him a huge scowl the last time he horned on about it too. I also circled back to one of the law librarians again on the issue of Moody and Horn and they said, “why are you asking this question again as I’ve already answered this for you”….so, I got the old “asked and answered” snarky retort from the highly annoyed research librarian who also asked if I needed another copy of the moody case summary to check myself if it had changed! Yikes. Gotta love research librarians and their humour!

I do think we need tees that make reference to Judge r famous quote of “Waste of Time”! I think it would be a big hit for those having to do many hour zoom calls too as it could just be casually worn and then exposed at strategic times by simply doing a casual readjustment of a cardigan!

Moi

Last edited:
Once all is said and done after sentencing will find out what level she is on in prison? Is that made public with a new inmate photo?
I’m hoping we do get this info. Curious how this issue is dealt with, if at all, in the pretrial sentencing report too. If MT is placed or classed based on class b charge which could be possible then she will imo be surrounded potentially with many violent offenders. I realize she isn’t going to be spending up to 50 years at Canyon ranch in the berkshires but it will no doubt be a shock to her based on her life experiences. Or, maybe not? Idk. Moo

Once all is said and done after sentencing will find out what level she is on in prison? Is that made public with a new inmate photo?
Pg 6
MTs security level will not be made public. If she’s seen in either an orange or red jumpsuit we can assume a high security level either 4 or 5. (BTW if it’s yellow she’s in protective custody)
IMO MT definitely entered York and was given at least level 4. She’s convicted of a violent crime AND has pending charges (lol she thought she was being oh so clever with her laptop). She has not been an inmate previously so they don’t have a thing to go on in regards to how she behaves or if she’ll try to escape.
The system also uses “treatment needs” in determining an inmates security level but in CT that really only pertains to men. We only have one women’s prison so everything is offered right at York.

Prison Phone Policies in CT:

View attachment 489973

"Connecticut recently became the first state to make all phone calls for people serving time in state prisons and youth detention facilities free, and early results show the change is allowing for much more communication with the outside world".

"DOC officials declined an interview request. In a statement the agency said while the number and duration of calls allowed for people in prison — up to six times a day for a total of 90 minutes — hasn’t changed, “this frequency was often a financial impossibility.”

“Since July, we have seen the number of phone calls and e-messaging significantly increase. Providing this service, at no charge to families offers a fair and equitable avenue for keeping incarcerated individuals engaged with their community,” Ashley McCarthy, a spokesperson for the DOC said in an email. “We hope this increased accessibility allows returning citizens to feel more connected to their home life and provide a smoother transition back.”

Following up on this article: TAPING OF PRISONERS’ CALLS IS CHALLENGED

If anyone knows how the phone taping of prisoners was resolved and can post back that would be appreciated.

Friends and Family Manual for CT:

FOIA Guidelines in CT:

Inmate phone calls are recorded. Each call begins with an automated recording informing you that you are connecting to “insert name of inmate” who is housed at York Correctional Institution. It goes on to tell you how to block communications with them. Then tells you that the call is being recorded and is subject to monitoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769