Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #177

Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't say you were on the trails that day with your phone.
And using your phone. To me that's key to your statement. Anyone could say, I turned my phone off while I was hiking for peace and quiet for a bit. He said he was using his phone to watch his stock ticker. His phone according to RA was on and working at the time right before the abduction of Abby and Libby.

You know what I haven't seen on here yet is about the bullet they found at the scene. I remember seeing someone interviewed regarding that bullet, and he noted that for a short period of time, the crime scene was unsecured. It was opened back up, and I think it was like a day or a day and a half before it was secured again. And if memory serves me correctly, the bullet (which was "sort of" buried) was recovered after the resecuring of the crime scene. Has anyone else seen or heard this? Because to me, that seems like it's going to be potentially problematic for the P, and that's why I'm hoping they have other significant evidence beyond that bullet. Based on what I'm seeing, I think they definitely do have a lot of other circumstantial evidence, a lot of it strong, but I'd feel a lot more confident in the case against RA if there were DNA. I've been trying to keep up with everything on this thread, it's such a busy thread, and I try to read through as much as I can to follow along to the extent that I can. Maybe this thing about the bullet's already in here somewhere.
BBM
Per PCA bullet was found between the bodies of the girls. This language is precise.
The speculation it was found after crime scene was unsecured is rumor.
Defense has addressed the bullet evidence by attacking the number of pictures taken and the ballistic evidence.
If it had been recovered after crime scene was unsecured I have no doubt defense would have attacked this in Franks 1,2 or 3.
I have no doubt the date of the bullet retrieval is in the evidence and is 2/14/17.

Exactly. The P has also not yet shown evidence that RA's phone was turned off, or not on the trails at any time that afternoon. They used that very evidence against Kohberger in Idaho, pointing out how the phone being off was itself incriminating behavior.

Imo, in this case, the geofence map not including RA's phone is neither here nor there without more data specific to RA's phone. Where was it, was it moving, was it on or off, was it where RA said he was using it, etc.

Neither the D or P are using RA's phone data so far in their motions, which makes it impossible to know what's significant, imo. Either side could be saving it for a later motion, or trial. Jmo.

For instance, the geofence seems to start at 12:39 (or was is 12:29?). RA said he was there at noon. So, was his phone on the trail before 12:39? Was it moving toward his home at 1:30? Or, was it on the trail at 1:45, then turned off? Was it off the entire afternoon, right when RA said he was using it on the trail? I think this will be important evidence at trial, either way.
RA did say himself he was walking towards Monon High Bridge watching his stock ticker on his phone. He also said he passed the girls that also saw him. One of those girls took a time stamped picture right before that encounter. IF in fact he was doing what he said he was doing, his phone was on and moving towards Monon High Bridge right before the abduction of the girls. He then put himself on the bridge after that, closing the timeline even more on himself. And there's more after that with the comings and goings of people on Harvest Store cam. As it stands right now, that timeline RA put himself in supported by witnesses and his lying about using his phone...doesn't look good for him. AJMO

The thing that puzzles me about that map is that it appears in an article from Feb 14, 2017 - last updated Oct 30, 2022, but the map has this in the data:

It's just odd, all the way around...
I was wondering about that map also, if it was generated by that news station and from info gleaned from where? Just the woman saying it was so many feet from her back door or from boots on the ground geo data.

RL would be the first one, I would think of, who may have gone to the CS, when it wasn't secured for a short time ..... Who else would have dared to go there except the owner of the property? MOO
Wasn't there also a man close to the family, so maybe a very early searcher, who asked RL if he could look on his land? Did RL mention that on camera?

No Order on D's request for continuance yet

Indiana Courts Case Search - MyCase
03/15/2024 Order Issued
This case has generated substantial public interest and media attention. In light of this, and on the Court's own motion to ensure the integrity of the proceedings, to protect the Defendant's constitutional rights for due process, to ensure the safety of the parties and the public, and to permit public access to criminal proceedings, the Court sets forth the following rules and guidelines for the hearing set for Monday March 18, 2024, in the Allen Superior Court. The Courthouse will open at 8:00 a.m. All entrances are closed, except for the entrance on the east side of the building. The remaining entrances will be locked with no access to the public. All members of the public, including members of the media, are subject to screening by metal detectors. All bags in possession of those entering the building are subject to search. NO weapons of any kind are permitted in the building, except for on-duty law enforcement officers providing security to the Courthouse and the parties. No electronic devices, including electronic watches, are permitted in the building Violations are subject to seizure and destruction of the electronic device without further notice. Media personnel are permitted to attend the Court session. NO cameras, electronics, lap tops or recording equipment of any kind is permitted in the Allen County Courthouse. The Court requests the media be mindful that other County offices are conducting business in the building unrelated to this case. Media and members of the public are ordered to conduct themselves in such a fashion as to limit disruption to the offices, personnel, and patrons of those offices. The Media are free to use the public areas outside the Courthouse as long as they do not obstruct traffic in the streets and sidewalks surrounding the Courthouse. Public seating in the Allen Superior Courtroom One is limited. The Sheriff of Carroll County or his designee will ensure that the victim representatives are seated and that the defendant's family is seated in reserved seating in the front rows of the Courtroom. The remaining seating is available until full. No one, other than Court Security and law enforcement, will be permitted to stand in the Courtroom. No food or beverages are permitted inside the Courtroom. Water will be permitted for the parties in the well of the Courtroom. All members of the public and the media are required to follow directives of the Sheriff of Carroll County, the Sheriff of Allen County, Courthouse Security, and Courtroom Security. NO court-produced recording will be made available to the public or media. The audio record made pursuant to Indiana Criminal Rule 5 may not be copied or used for purposes other than perpetuating the record. At the conclusion of the scheduled hearing, all members of the public and media will remain seated in the courtroom until Court Security releases them. The Courtroom will be locked between sessions of the Court. Doors will be unlocked for the afternoon session at 1:45 p.m. The Court anticipates that all members of the public and the media will conduct themselves in an appropriate fashion. Any violation of this Order and any conduct the Court finds disruptive of the proceedings is punishable as direct contempt of court and will result in a term of imprisonment and permanent exclusion from the Courtroom, the Courthouse, and all future proceedings.

Last edited:
I cannot place the two men next to one another for you but can provide a link to a video with RL in it.

It begins with Ron saying, "And this is the gate they left down..."
It's not clear to me who left the gate down, LE of the killer(s).

View attachment 490725

BBM
iMO this gate is located at the south east corner of the cemetery located adjacent to RL’s property.
Crime scene is directly south of this gate. Per Leazenby
We see heavy law enforcement at this cemetery during the processing of the crime scene. It’s also where they returned days later when there were trespassers around the crime scene.
RTV6 helicopter footage also shows heavy police presence at south east corner of cemetery and then later police helicopter circling directly south.
Now on with the motion interpretations.

BBM
iMO this gate is located at the south east corner of the cemetery located adjacent to RL’s property.
Crime scene is directly south of this gate. Per Leazenby
We see heavy law enforcement at this cemetery during the processing of the crime scene. It’s also where they returned days later when there were trespassers around the crime scene.
RTV6 helicopter footage also shows heavy police presence at south east corner of cemetery and then later police helicopter circling directly south.
Now on with the motion interpretations.
I concur on the gate location in the cemetery, and I for sure remember LE going in and out of the CS through there.
I watched those old RL interviews a dozen times at the beginning, I was 90% sure he was BG for about a minute the first week. Maybe it was before I got fixated on BG's "white thing" so I wasn't looking... but it seems to me like RL has a "white thing" of his own going on there.

Untitled-RL.jpg

JMHO and FWIW: In retrospect and upon reconsidering recent motion-flurries, including pushing for Gull's recusal once again - one wonders if Hennessy and Balwin/Rozzi are largely long-gaming. They (very likely) have informed expectations re: Monday's outcome. (Experienced counsel calculate the odds.)

Not forgotten: Gull appointed this Defense team; and she's asserted she'll remove this Defense team and appoint another. The Court has discretion, appointed counsel answers to the Court and is not independent as is a private counsel ... tough luck for the indigent.

Hennessy's public filings this week give sunlight to Court and State and Defense-sourced leaks as well as State and Court over-reach in the Westerman Leaks matter. And the fact that a lead investigator (Holeman) lies/obfuscates on the regular. The public has details on the Leaks at last. Baby steps: these revelations made the docket timely as they should per Writ #1 to SCOIN.

It's fair to ask if the recent flurry of filings was meant for the record and for the benefit of another, higher Court. There are more than few pokes at Gull from Hennessy in his submissions; perhaps he feels free to poke (because he knows his audience isn't this Court). Gull's Court's ignored Defense recent submissions as would a Court that considers the matter decided. As Hennessy asserts, Gull's position as to the matters re Monday's contempt hearing, was revealed months ago.

IMO, as an elected justice, (whatever the trial) Gull's positions reflect upon her elected office; she's understandably cognizant of both the micro/local climate and this trial's global audience; she's now determining this trial's boundaries which involve "imprisonment" for loud gasps from the gallery.

I may have to move my chips; cameras are welcome by sharper minds at the SCOIN.

all JMHO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members