Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conversely, do the abuse times line up with when mom should have been home (vs at work, and excluding social events or errands)?
Did we ever established where or the type of work JS does? Just asking to understand if her hours were regular 9-5, or shifts with weekly changes, always evening shift, or hybrid. Partially answering my own question — at least the Sunday of the birthday party JS worked an evening — but that doesn’t entirely answer my question.

Last edited:
She may have been book smart or adept enough at certain skills to hold a decent job, but she wasn’t socially smart. Not in significant others anyhow (failed relationship with Maddie’s dad, married in 2015 to someone and divorced by 2017)…. Involved with Ss soon after….

She is so bad at choosing a partner that she saw SS and somehow concluded, YES! This is a good catch! He is single. Unemployed or sporadically employed, a druggie (adderall at a minimum), likes kids toys and lives with his parents! His social media is full of red flags but oh boy (in my best Mickey Mouse voice) he’s a catch!!

Gimme a break! And while I’m here - what the heck made HER think he was interested in Her? She had mental health concerns (by her own admission on social media), she was a single mum with many failed relationships and oh yeah, a tiny vulnerable female child. Of course he was interested in Js (eye roll).
IMO a lot of his Reddit comments are contemptuous toward women and mothers in general. Odds are that stems from whatever his deal with his own mother is, but still—it doesn’t seem like a stretch to surmise that there is some specific lowkey contempt for JS mixed in there.

Eh, I hate to raise the details of what happened again but how do you put SS harming poor young MS in the place not particularly designed for entry especially, when she is just a little girl, and JS is just working in another room, oblivious?

He did really brutal, horrible things to MS. :(
Seemingly whilst operating a camera (tripod and remote? someone else acting in the position of cam person? Single hand operation, motion activated from some setup)? I know that police likely know the answer to that already (who / what operated the camera(s). I just have to hope it wasn't mum).

Something that I’ve been wondering about and how it reflects on timeline around the death and moving the body: How does rigor mortise factor with her body being propped in the seat? Apologize for getting grossly technical, but what window of time would perps have had to bend the body so it would “sit” on the car seat. If body was in full rigor would there be enough flexibility to hold it in place with a seatbelt/shoulder strap?
Without trying to sound too horrific, rigor can be broken without too much difficulty if you're determined enough. How much effort it would take would depend on what position her body was in when rigor set in. Essentially you just need to apply pressure and force the muscle to flex. This is relatively easy if you just need to open a clenched fist or get an upraised arm to lie somewhat flat; it would be a great deal more difficult if you needed to maneuver an entire body from a supine to a seated position. If she were lying flat on her back when she died and went into rigor in the same position, for example, it would be a huge undertaking to make her look even remotely natural in a seated position. A seatbelt shoulder strap would not do the trick without someone first applying sufficient force to break the rigor.

That said, it would not surprise me if he moved her into the car under cover of darkness, shortly after she died, which would explain why no neighbors seem to have spotted him doing so while they were heading off to work or walking the dog.

I caught an ex doing something gross and cheating (not involving kids thank GOD!, but stuff I am 100% not OK with myself) by accidentally grabbing his phone instead of mine. They were plugged in charging beside one another, and neither were locked.

This was years ago, but still I feel if you live with someone, the odds seem pretty high they will screw up even if you're not intentionally snooping around. And we can see SS was pretty stupid. More checks in the "JS knew something" column, IMO.
Don't give me a reason to snoop and we're good. That's why I struggle with JS not knowing something, even if not the SA, where was he working? how did they pay bills? I don't know their situation but he had to be getting money from somewhere? and if it wasnt obvious?

Last edited:
For my own thought organization, I'm combining the info from above with the original timeline I made. The questions I still have are bolded and to start: what date did they start dating on? (e.g., how long after they began dating did he begin abusing her?)
  • 2019: JS and SS were obviously dating in 2019 and that year Maddie (D.O.B. February 22, 2011) was eight years old and abused on:
    • June 19, 2019
    • July 2, 2019
    • July 12, 2019
  • 2020: Not much is known here but we do not have charges for this year. Maddie is nine years old.
  • 2021: Maddie turns ten years old in February. From the video Beekarina shared, we know that around "three years ago" his friend says they broke up and he was living at his folks’ place hours away. Notably, we do not have charges for this year.
  • 2022: From the video @Beekarina shared we know that around two years ago (2022) he was moved in back at JS’ place. Maddie turned eleven years old this year in February. We know JS' birthday is March, was that the catalyst for them to start talking again? Regardless, he begins abusing Maddie on the dates in red and was with Jen as described:
  • 2023: Maddie turns twelve years old this year in February. From the video Beekarina shared, the guy said "about six months" after SS moved back in with JS they broke up again but he didn't move away and stayed at JS' in a guest room working at Disney. This "living together breakup" spanned spring of 2023 because we know that:
    • On May 23, 2023 at 10:00 p.m. he calls her an ex and the abuse will pick back up almost exactly 3 weeks later with her being abused on:
    • June 14, 2023 (and he posted at 8:39 pm and at 10:01 p.m)
    • June 19, 2023
    • June 23, 2023
    • June 26, 2023
    • June 29, 2023 (and he posted twice, once at 12:52 pm and once at 3:40 pm)
    • The last abuse date we have charges for in 2023 is June 29th but he may have still been around because in July 10, 2023, he's referring to Maddie as his step-daughter, not ex's daughter (but who knows if he always did that, creep)
  • 2024: The guy in the video @Beekarina shared says about three to four months ago (end of 2023) SS moved back to his parents. He came around the area the week before the murder and had lost a lot of weight.
Maybe, JS sent him pics of her daughter, when the pair was respektively separated, and lured him back? Speculation only. MOO

We don’t know where she was in the car. But it’s possible I missed something. She could’ve been in the trunk.
Something that I’ve been wondering about and how it reflects on timeline around the death and moving the body: How does rigor mortise factor with her body being propped in the seat? Apologize for getting grossly technical, but what window of time would perps have had to bend the body so it would “sit” on the car seat. If body was in full rigor would there be enough flexibility to hold it in place with a seatbelt/shoulder strap?

Without trying to sound too horrific, rigor can be broken without too much difficulty if you're determined enough. How much effort it would take would depend on what position her body was in when rigor set in. Essentially you just need to apply pressure and force the muscle to flex. This is relatively easy if you just need to open a clenched fist or get an upraised arm to lie somewhat flat; it would be a great deal more difficult if you needed to maneuver an entire body from a supine to a seated position. If she were lying flat on her back when she died and went into rigor in the same position, for example, it would be a huge undertaking to make her look even remotely natural in a seated position. A seatbelt shoulder strap would not do the trick without someone first applying sufficient force to break the rigor.

That said, it would not surprise me if he moved her into the car under cover of darkness, shortly after she died, which would explain why no neighbors seem to have spotted him doing so while they were heading off to work or walking the dog.

Per a site selling homes in the community, “Venetian Bay features a 24-hour manned gate for extra security”

Interesting that the gate is "manned" 24/7. But I'll put money on it that that's where LE got video evidence that Maddie was already deceased. And if they caught him returning with Maddie, I'll bet they have video of him leaving with her as well.

1710534854081.png

Pic source: 4005 Santa Maria Dr 103, KISSIMMEE VENETIAN BAY VILLAGE P3. MLS# A4587322

Seemingly whilst operating a camera (tripod and remote? someone else acting in the position of cam person? Single hand operation, motion activated from some setup)? I know that police likely know the answer to that already (who / what operated the camera(s). I just have to hope it wasn't mum).
I hope not too.

When I try and imagine the type of abuse we know happened, and terribly there may be worse things that happened that we do not know about, the thought of it happening while JS was awake, oblivious and working in another room, in the condo we have all now seen the layout of, just seems outrageous.

Even if she had a soundproof room or something, what is to say she might not spontaneously come on out and decide "Hey everyone, it's a lovely day. I'm taking a break. Let's go for a swim. Or Let;s go have lunch at the new place...."

It's just too unlikely to me, since there was SO much abuse, so much really awful, hard abuse (for lack of a better term).

As for who filmed it? I haven't really thought about that. I think with all of the content creators out there, it seems pretty straightforward to just film with a phone? Plus he was a creeper so if I had to guess, he probably had hidden cameras in that condo. Ick.

Having taught girls of that age ,I think the differences could be just because of puberty. Many girls change shape and gaining weight is very normal.
You are correct about body changes, but puberty also brings ovulation. We will know when autopsy is public. OMO.

I was more considering possible reasons for crime. Obviously attracted to pre-pubescent girl — no need for blossoming young woman/ newly a developing teen. Or hopefully not that he found he was going to be a biological parent. Only my musings. MOO.

What I am getting at is I personally think they're a pair.

JS talked about checking MS deleted messages when she "disappeared", right? Also note on Reddit, which was shared here a few times SS mentioned JS having to "go through" MS social media during the "Roblox incident."

JS sounds fairly tech savvy to me. She's not bumbling along like "Oh, my partner checked her phone and there was nothing...."

One of the callers to Gray Hughes explained what the apparent interest aside from the obvious and disgusting one we now know of was. Apparently the two were into certain sexual practices.

So, we heard all about the weird things SS did from his youth on. Semen in bottles, pushing his p___ on young friends who had no interest in it, spying on women with hidden cameras, dating young girls, all kinds of gross stuff. You really think he never shared any of his weirdness with JS when they were together? They were together a long time. I highly doubt it.
Better question to ask - did JS know any those old friends? Any of them ever tell *her* about what he was like a youth? Caution her against having her daughter near him? Did any of them ever meet her? What did they think of *her*??

It speaks volumes to me that we don't have family telling us how wonderful JS was as a mother. We've heard no one (official) say that she was a great mother, great friend and this was completely off JS's radar that this could happen. I can understand people maintaining their silence, I can - especially since MS was found dead and knowing the things SS did to her in life. BUT while she was missing? JS couldn't get off her butt to go walk the trails - she just sat home, waiting for Maddie, a kid who didn't know her own address, in case she showed up? Not buying it!!

We don’t know where she was in the car. But it’s possible I missed something. She could’ve been in the trunk.
It's true, we have no idea where she was. She could have been in the trunk, lying down in the back seat, propped up in the front, etc.

Although now that I'm thinking about it, it would have been a huge risk to put her in the trunk right there in the parking lot of a huge condo complex where anyone could have been peeking out the window at any time. At least laying her down in the back seat could be explained away as her being very ill or something if he was seen. But we're not dealing with a criminal mastermind here, so anything goes.

I need clarity on something:

So MS had a biological father, with whom JS was never married? Is this correct?

The man she was married to briefly prior to her relationship with SS is NOT the biological father of MS?

I've seen different things mentioned, and am confused.

The man she was married to briefly prior to her relationship with SS is NOT the biological father of MS?

Correct. We know of Bio-Dad (not ever married to JS), the Brief Husband, and SS.

That's correct. She was never married to Maddie's father. She was married briefly from 2015-2017, to a man who is not SS or Maddie's dad. The marriage and divorce records can be looked up on the Osceola County public records website.

JS and Maddie's father did NOT get married. I will not guess at why not.
JS did marry someone in 2015. I don't have the exact date handy but can advise it was in Florida. That man is NOT Maddie's dad, nor was he SS.
JS and the husband divorced soon after in 2017. I do not know the reason why.

I'd like to know the reason why that marriage was so short lived though! I'd like to know how they met, and what he was like but of course, we're not allowed to sleuth as he hasn't been named by LE. I Imagine though he lived with MS and JS while they were married. And I had wondered how that relationship / break up may have affected MS as well. Doesn't seem like her mother provided a very stable home life for her.

In her 13th birthday photo she is showing more physical maturity, some weight gain, and maybe a bit of awareness. With this perhaps she is beginning to be less attractive to a pedophile and no longer needed?
I agree with your observations (or at least think they are valid). But I also want to note that a common way of coping with abuse of any kind is through food, and by extension victims of SA often try to make themselves appear unattractive to the abuser. One of the most common ways this is attempted is through weight gain.

But of course this could be coincidental. Weight fluctuates often during adolescence (and even young adulthood) due to puberty and that affects everyone differently. Some kids can't put weight on for a while and others gain it easier. Could also be just a 13 year old not eating like she should (or not being fed like she should). Lots of things to consider.

ADMIN NOTE:

Many posts and responses to them have been removed. General discussion of the death penalty is NOT allowed. It may be discussed in direct relationship to this case as to the potential for it to be on the table, but opinions pro and con about the DP in general lead to bickering and can derail the thread.

Also, please read The Rules, and specifically The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc. Linking to, and paraphrasing social media posts by victim or accused are allowed, but copy/paste, direct quotes, or posting screenshots from their accounts is NOT allowed.

Rules violations creates a tremendous amount of work for our few Moderators. Please read The Rules that everyone agrees to upon registration with this site. Repeated violation of those rules may result in temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

Better question to ask - did JS know any those old friends? Any of them ever tell *her* about what he was like a youth? Caution her against having her daughter near him? Did any of them ever meet her? What did they think of *her*??

It speaks volumes to me that we don't have family telling us how wonderful JS was as a mother. We've heard no one (official) say that she was a great mother, great friend and this was completely off JS's radar that this could happen. I can understand people maintaining their silence, I can - especially since MS was found dead and knowing the things SS did to her in life. BUT while she was missing? JS couldn't get off her butt to go walk the trails - she just sat home, waiting for Maddie, a kid who didn't know her own address, in case she sho1wed up? Not buying it!!
Interesting post, both ways & wish we knew!

On another note & I don't believe we know the answer to this, but there are times where LE are suspicious about parents or someone close to the child, they don't want them to be present on the searches for evidentiary reasons. JS like you stated stayed home, waiting for Maddie who didn't know her address, nor had her phone with her, so it does boggles the mind. I never heard if SS searched & regardless, I wonder if LE didn't want them searching in the lst place? Maybe LE was onto the pair very early on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2