Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better question to ask - did JS know any those old friends? Any of them ever tell *her* about what he was like a youth? Caution her against having her daughter near him? Did any of them ever meet her? What did they think of *her*??

It speaks volumes to me that we don't have family telling us how wonderful JS was as a mother. We've heard no one (official) say that she was a great mother, great friend and this was completely off JS's radar that this could happen. I can understand people maintaining their silence, I can - especially since MS was found dead and knowing the things SS did to her in life. BUT while she was missing? JS couldn't get off her butt to go walk the trails - she just sat home, waiting for Maddie, a kid who didn't know her own address, in case she showed up? Not buying it!!

A few of the callers to Gray Hughes did mention JS.

The most recent/current friend of SS, Frank, had "met" JS but only via Facetime. I do not remember if he had met MS, but I think he may have? Not 100% certain though. Frank has very young sons--i.e. 3 yo and 5 yo. I do remember this.

The caller Josh seems to have known JS. JS went and visited him in another state, and Josh shared a story about JS having mood swings where she was laughing one minute and then suddenly running out to sob and cry in a car.. This may also help @BeeGirl with those timelines too. I need to listen to both parts of the Josh interviews, I skipped over things because I found a lot of the "friends of SS" stuff just hard to take. There was something about opening a game store in Colorado, and Josh asking SS to come work for him, but I don't think that happened. Josh had a pretty long history with SS.

The caller Ryan knew SS as a tween/teen and seems the most normal of the friends, IMO. He cut contact with SS after the incident with SS spying on Ryan's mom, from what I gathered, and that seems to have happened when they were both around 18 or so. It sounds like Ryan's mother may have remained in contact with SS parents though?

Hopefully I remembered all of this correctly!

I need clarity on something:

So MS had a biological father, with whom JS was never married? Is this correct?

The man she was married to briefly prior to her relationship with SS is NOT the biological father of MS?

I've seen different things mentioned, and am confused.
You are correct. JS wasn't married to MS father, she married a few years later and then divorced. Then came the Evil SS

Better question to ask - did JS know any those old friends? Any of them ever tell *her* about what he was like a youth? Caution her against having her daughter near him? Did any of them ever meet her? What did they think of *her*??
The one friend had SS around his sons, he also said he Never expected this SA from SS.

Interesting post, both ways & wish we knew!

On another note & I don't believe we know the answer to this, but there are times where LE are suspicious about parents or someone close to the child, they don't want them to be present on the searches for evidentiary reasons. JS like you stated stayed home, waiting for Maddie who didn't know her address, nor had her phone with her, so it does boggles the mind. I never heard if SS searched & regardless, I wonder if LE didn't want them searching in the lst place? Maybe LE was onto the pair very early on?
SS told us via his media interview that he went out with police and showed them where he dropped her off at the church and how they looked along the road there... and how unhelpful the videos were as if that surprised him. No link so moo for now.

SS told us via his media interview that he went out with police and showed them where he dropped her off at the church and how they looked along the road there... and how unhelpful the videos were as if that surprised him. No link so moo for now.
Exactly, IMO they were suspicious early on & did not want a contaminated crime scene or discovery, like Jon Benoit Ramsey for instance.

I am positive I read on this #4 WS thread some wording indicating the Soto townhouse had bedrooms on both levels. (Still trying to find the post.) The poster mentioned that when JS and SS broke up, JS said SS could move into a BR upstairs, which made me think the MBR was on the entry level. Studying the width and fenestration of home on Zillow, I would say half of first floor was BR(s) and the other half the kitchen/LR.

The Zillow listing (below) indicates that the Soto unit was four BRs and three baths. I’m picturing a MBR with en suite on main level, three BRs upstairs with one or two baths. (I’m getting this idea from typical layouts for many townhomes in my area.)

**My point is Mom may not have been sleeping on same level as daughter and perv.**
MOO. MOO.

Or does it suggest she lied and hoped people would just assume killer changed her daughter into jeans? Or that Maddie ran away and then changed into jeans before she met her demise.
Now, this is going to be interesting to watch come down. You give JS a lot more credit than I've seen suggested by her life and actions. Then why did her story not match SS's?

At the beginning everyone was adamant that JS was just parroting what SS told her to say. They were busy getting their stories straight. Only their stories were not the same.

Let's be very clear here: I have NO IDEA how things went down and less than 1/10 of 1 percent of you will think this scenario might be anywhere near the truth. However, the 8 o'clock timing combined with the black shorts has finally given me a scenario that offers an explanation without JS having deliberately lied. Was Maddy resisting SS? I hope so. Those would be heroic actions.

I so hope Maddy went to her bedroom quickly and promptly locked and barricaded her door to keep SS out after her birthday party Sunday.

There needs to be some explanation for SS deciding they'd leave for school an hour early. Would he if he'd spent the night in Maddy's room?

Let's say SS had promised JS she could sleep in and since he was always up early, he'd just take Maddy to school for her. So, SS gets Maddy out of bed and dressed -- an hour or so early. Maddy and SS were NOT having a good morning. Add to that that undoubtedly Maddy knew exactly what SS was planning and she planned to thwart him. She chose her tightest, hardest to get into and out-of pants she had -- the black shorts.

When she emerged from her room wearing her green school hoodie, inaccessible black shorts and white crocs, SS went into a tizzy fit and ordered her to go change. Nothing doing.

Instead, Maddy marched herself to the door of her mother's bedroom. We know it was before 7:35 a.m. Maddy only cracked the door and asked "Mom I'm thinking about wearing my school shirt and black shorts today. What do you think?"

JS always took Maddy to school. So, they had a well-oiled routine. I've never had a girl, but understand from mothers of daughters that what to wear can be a major discussion every day. I suggest that during their routine, they reached this clothing discussion about 8 a.m. each and every morning. It was regular as clockwork. (BTW, with my son, we had certain places in the routine he had to be at certain places on the clock each morning. He lollygagged and needed exact "when the big hand is on the 2" instructions. Surely, I'm not the only parent who has broken down the getting ready routine like that.)

So, Outfit-Of-The-Day discussion was at 8 a.m. -- give or take a couple of minutes. Did JS just say, "Sounds cute" and go back to sleep? Did she ask, "Are you sure shorts are warm enough today?"

The two did this routine each morning. JS gave her blessing to the black shorts Maddy wanted to wear. Now, JS probably didn't even think about the time here. But when Maddy went missing and she was trying to piece things together, she thought it was 8 a.m. because around that time she and Maddy were always having that discussion.

JS had NO idea SS was in such a foul mood that he was getting Maddy up an hour or more early in order to have time with her. He fully intended to be rewarded for his good deed of taking Maddy to school.

So, SS had to be quiet enough not to awaken Jenn but adamant enough to force Maddy to change. But Maddy could say to him, "Mom says my outfit is ok." And as the argument heated up, "You're not my boss. I don't have to."

Perhaps he backhanded her or smacked her, but Maddy fell and hit her head and died instantly. Or he grabbed her and strangled her. LE knows by now.

Whatever happened, Maddy was dead before 7:35 a.m. when SS was photographed dumping her things.

It will be interesting to see and hear what actually happened. For the moment though, this scenario explains 3 mysteries:

1. Why they were leaving for school an hour early
2. Why did JS think Maddy was wearing black shorts?
3. Why lie about 8 a.m. IF JS knew Maddy was already dead?

4. Plus, so far JS has not been charged with anything. (I'm hesitant to type that as I'm aware it could change before I get this posted.)

Now, this is going to be interesting to watch come down. You give JS a lot more credit than I've seen suggested by her life and actions. Then why did her story not match SS's?

At the beginning everyone was adamant that JS was just parroting what SS told her to say. They were busy getting their stories straight. Only their stories were not the same.

Let's be very clear here: I have NO IDEA how things went down and less than 1/10 of 1 percent of you will think this scenario might be anywhere near the truth. However, the 8 o'clock timing combined with the black shorts has finally given me a scenario that offers an explanation without JS having deliberately lied. Was Maddy resisting SS? I hope so. Those would be heroic actions.

I so hope Maddy went to her bedroom quickly and promptly locked and barricaded her door to keep SS out after her birthday party Sunday.

There needs to be some explanation for SS deciding they'd leave for school an hour early. Would he if he'd spent the night in Maddy's room?

Let's say SS had promised JS she could sleep in and since he was always up early, he'd just take Maddy to school for her. So, SS gets Maddy out of bed and dressed -- an hour or so early. Maddy and SS were NOT having a good morning. Add to that that undoubtedly Maddy knew exactly what SS was planning and she planned to thwart him. She chose her tightest, hardest to get into and out-of pants she had -- the black shorts.

When she emerged from her room wearing her green school hoodie, inaccessible black shorts and white crocs, SS went into a tizzy fit and ordered her to go change. Nothing doing.

Instead, Maddy marched herself to the door of her mother's bedroom. We know it was before 7:35 a.m. Maddy only cracked the door and asked "Mom I'm thinking about wearing my school shirt and black shorts today. What do you think?"

JS always took Maddy to school. So, they had a well-oiled routine. I've never had a girl, but understand from mothers of daughters that what to wear can be a major discussion every day. I suggest that during their routine, they reached this clothing discussion about 8 a.m. each and every morning. It was regular as clockwork. (BTW, with my son, we had certain places in the routine he had to be at certain places on the clock each morning. He lollygagged and needed exact "when the big hand is on the 2" instructions. Surely, I'm not the only parent who has broken down the getting ready routine like that.)

So, Outfit-Of-The-Day discussion was at 8 a.m. -- give or take a couple of minutes. Did JS just say, "Sounds cute" and go back to sleep? Did she ask, "Are you sure shorts are warm enough today?"

The two did this routine each morning. JS gave her blessing to the black shorts Maddy wanted to wear. Now, JS probably didn't even think about the time here. But when Maddy went missing and she was trying to piece things together, she thought it was 8 a.m. because around that time she and Maddy were always having that discussion.

JS had NO idea SS was in such a foul mood that he was getting Maddy up an hour or more early in order to have time with her. He fully intended to be rewarded for his good deed of taking Maddy to school.

So, SS had to be quiet enough not to awaken Jenn but adamant enough to force Maddy to change. But Maddy could say to him, "Mom says my outfit is ok." And as the argument heated up, "You're not my boss. I don't have to."

Perhaps he backhanded her or smacked her, but Maddy fell and hit her head and died instantly. Or he grabbed her and strangled her. LE knows by now.

Whatever happened, Maddy was dead before 7:35 a.m. when SS was photographed dumping her things.

It will be interesting to see and hear what actually happened. For the moment though, this scenario explains 3 mysteries:

4. Plus, so far JS has not been charged with anything. (I'm hesitant to type that as I'm aware it could change before I get this posted.)
I’m not sure she had a bedroom…

We don’t know where she was in the car. But it’s possible I missed something. She could’ve been in the trunk.
I thought I understood that CCT photos that morning caught her sitting in the car (presumably propped up) — she could be seen through the window. When reporter asked in TV interview what they talked about on the drive to school, SS said Maddie slept. Many of us assumed he said that so if someone saw him driving her that morning, there would be an explanation for her closed eyes (or maybe being slumped against the window).

**My point is Mom may not have been sleeping on same level as daughter and perv.**
MOO. MOO.

That would NOT be happening in my house with ANY man.

For my own thought organization, I'm combining the info from above with the original timeline I made. The questions I still have are bolded and to start: what date did they start dating on? (e.g., how long after they began dating did he begin abusing her?)
  • 2019: JS and SS were obviously dating in 2019 and that year Maddie (D.O.B. February 22, 2011) was eight years old and abused on:
    • June 19, 2019
    • July 2, 2019
    • July 12, 2019
  • 2020: Not much is known here but we do not have charges for this year. Maddie is nine years old.
  • 2021: Maddie turns ten years old in February. From the video Beekarina shared, we know that around "three years ago" his friend says they broke up and he was living at his folks’ place hours away. Notably, we do not have charges for this year.
  • 2022: From the video @Beekarina shared we know that around two years ago (2022) he was moved in back at JS’ place. Maddie turned eleven years old this year in February. We know JS' birthday is March, was that the catalyst for them to start talking again? Regardless, he begins abusing Maddie on the dates in red and was with Jen as described:
  • 2023: Maddie turns twelve years old this year in February. From the video Beekarina shared, the guy said "about six months" after SS moved back in with JS they broke up again but he didn't move away and stayed at JS' in a guest room working at Disney. This "living together breakup" spanned spring of 2023 because we know that:
    • On May 23, 2023 at 10:00 p.m. he calls her an ex and the abuse will pick back up almost exactly 3 weeks later with her being abused on:
    • June 14, 2023 (and he posted at 8:39 pm and at 10:01 p.m)
    • June 19, 2023
    • June 23, 2023
    • June 26, 2023
    • June 29, 2023 (and he posted twice, once at 12:52 pm and once at 3:40 pm)
    • The last abuse date we have charges for in 2023 is June 29th but he may have still been around because in July 10, 2023, he's referring to Maddie as his step-daughter, not ex's daughter (but who knows if he always did that, creep)
  • 2024: The guy in the video @Beekarina shared says about three to four months ago (end of 2023) SS moved back to his parents. He came around the area the week before the murder and had lost a lot of weight.
I'm sorry, but I don't have any children, so I don't know, although he is an adult and had them. What are "pocket pets?" Thank you. Katt

I would HATE to be Maddie’s dad or any other loved one realizing how often SS preyed on her. I’d be reviewing my memories and trying to find any hints or anything amiss, but mostly, I’d be fuming raging mad that mom was so absent she somehow just never noticed.

I do not believe that mom knew nothing and suspected nothing. I actually think it’s possible mom killed her intentionally or otherwise. sS being comforted by Js on cam made me think she was Trying to make him feel better about his role in discarding the body. I think she may have been more manipulative and more unwell than we think. All MOO.

And no. I won’t write a retraction or apology if mom is not charged. She failed this kid. Whether she knew or not, she failed.
I think about her dad must feel as well. I’m sure he feels that he wished he could have protected her.

I think Madeline was dead some time before 7:35. It would take a while for who ever killed her to think of a plan and what to do with her lap top and back back and formulate a plan to explain her disappearance. I really can not buy into the wearing shorts to school argument scenario..

I thought I understood that CCT photos that morning caught her sitting in the car (presumably propped up) — she could be seen through the window. When reporter asked in TV interview what they talked about on the drive to school, SS said Maddie slept. Many of us assumed he said that so if someone saw him driving her that morning, there would be an explanation for her closed eyes (or maybe being slumped against the window).
The sheriff did say she was " visible" in the car, we know he dumped her backpack at 7:35 (doesn't specify where he came from, on foot or by car) and doesn't specify where he went after that. SS returned at 8:19 with MS visible in the car and didn't say what happened after that. Any chance he stayed in a hotel that night? There are so many lies it's hard to know what to go by, if JS called SS to pick her up, it surely wasn't a call to North Port. There just isnt enough info yet and therefore the 735 to 8:19 is the part that doesnt make sense to me, is the plate reader at 8:10 true or not? Is LE purposely not saying where he arrived from in the morning to catch him or her in another lie? why leave that out?

The sheriff did say she was " visible" in the car, we know he dumped her backpack at 7:35 (doesn't specify where he came from, on foot or by car) and doesn't specify where he went after that. SS returned at 8:19 with MS visible in the car and didn't say what happened after that. Any chance he stayed in a hotel that night? There are so many lies it's hard to know what to go by, if JS called SS to pick her up, it surely wasn't a call to North Port. There just isnt enough info yet and therefore the 735 to 8:19 is the part that doesnt make sense to me, is the plate reader at 8:10 true or not? Is LE purposely not saying where he arrived from in the morning to catch him or her in another lie? why leave that out?
Do we know whether SS was at Madeline's party and took her home afterwards?

Its really not that complicated I don't think. I believe she was drugged and that ended in her death. I don't think at 13 getting dressed is a big debate for any kid - so long as - parents buy / keep the clothes the kids are allowed to wear in the house and discard gifts / items they do not approve of. Its as simple as that to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member