Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing after leaving bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to convince anyone, but this article that was quoted in Thread 1 really make me think & look for more photos.

"The area where Strain was last seen was in a brushy area with cliffs that would make it nearly impossible for the missing student to have fallen into the river, Loney said..."

When I first saw the videos, the one that got my eye was the one where Riley was clearly struggling and a guy went by on a bike. I was thinking, hopefully they are able to interview the cyclist.

Then the shirt story came out and it reportedly involved a man on a bicycle. Hmmm.

The fact that the card was found amongst some trash, tells me someone put it there. First, people normally keep cards in a wallet. Even if it was kept in a pocket, it would be highly unlikely that the card somehow got out of his pocket by accident. Under the theory that he accidentally fell in the water, what are the odds, his bank card became separated from him and fairly quickly found?

There is a nice graphic in the Facebook group devoted to the search for Riley that shows the height of the river for the past 10 days or so. On the day he went missing, it had been raining and storming, and the water level was significantly higher than it was on the day the card was found. That makes for a shorter tumble to end up in the water, unfortunately, IF he did indeed fall from the place where the card was found.

Ah -- I've double-checked it now, and the person's graphic shows the water level at 24.66 feet on Mar. 8 at 10pm but at only about 18 feet (my estimation from the graph) on Saturday morning, March 16.

(Here is the source the Facebook poster used: admins, please delete if this isn't allowed: Cumberland River at Nashville, TN
It's very possible then that the increased water level and speed carried Riley much further westbound than originally thought. The alternate premise could also be that trees or other things like fence remnants crumbling foundations of old buildings higher up the banks could have caught Riley's body. But if that's the case, once the water levels receded his body could still be caught and visible above the water level. The issue is where would that be.

The fact that the card was found amongst some trash, tells me someone put it there. First, people normally keep cards in a wallet. Even if it was kept in a pocket, it would be highly unlikely that the card somehow got out of his pocket by accident. Under the theory that he accidentally fell in the water, what are the odds, his bank card became separated from him and fairly quickly found?
RSBM. For reference I’m a woman but always make it a point to buy pants with deep pockets similar to those of “men’s” pants. And I’ve been known to stuff my ID/credit card into my pockets completely separate from my wallet on occasions when I’m in a hurry at the counter, and just otherwise forgetful to actually put those things back into my wallet at some point after. Given Riley’s state at the time and the fact he was being kicked out of the bar the last time he used that card, the possibility that he had loosely placed it into his pocket instead of his wallet makes sense to me. I unfortunately also know from experience how easy it is to then lose those same items when pulling out your phone/other things that may be in the same pocket. I’ll pull out my phone and if I’m sober and alert will quickly notice that my card has flopped out and landed on the ground from doing so. However once during my younger and less intelligent years, i had been drinking and didn’t notice my card was missing until later that night, and we had to retrace my steps until eventually finding it behind the counter at a gift shop, where the clerk informed me they’d found it on the floor next to the keychains I’d been ogling earlier that day lol. All this to say IMO it’s definitely possible for him to have had the card loosely stuffed in his pocket, just for it to then have fallen out at some point.

When I first saw the videos, the one that got my eye was the one where Riley was clearly struggling and a guy went by on a bike. I was thinking, hopefully they are able to interview the cyclist.

Then the shirt story came out and it reportedly involved a man on a bicycle. Hmmm.

If you are in a crowded bar the worst place to put your valuables are in a wallet in your back pocket. You are giving them a one-shot plan. Pickpockets abound in those types of environments. Even in your front pocket is vulnerable for that matter. You can overlook all kinds of pushing, bumping and weaving etc, in that type of situation and it isn't until later that you find all your money, cards and ID are gone. So a lot of people, especially those who know they don't need to show ID for age, they pick one or two cards and put them in a shirt pocket or a place easily accessible to them but difficult for someone is trying to steal it.

I'm going with Occam's Razor here and base my perceptions of how the night unfolded for Riley through the words of the bar that he posed a problem for them and their clientele, the videos that saw him lurching, running, bumping off walls, falling etc in a meandering pattern and that he lost his credit card during another fall close to where he fell in the water. It's so simple and tragic and even more tragic that some people find the simplicity of the situation hard to comprehend.

@MNPDNashville

Shown was Riley's brief exchange of greetings w/ Officer Reginald Young on Gay St., south of the Woodland St. Bridge, on the night of 3/8. Riley did not appear distressed. Officer Young was there on a vehicle burglary call & remained on that portion of Gay St. for 45 min.

1:09 PM · Mar 18, 2024
That is so strange. If he was able to communicate back to the officer, why didn't he ask him for directions to his hotel? Surely he knew by then that he had no idea where he was walking?

That is so strange. If he was able to communicate back to the officer, why didn't he ask him for directions to his hotel? Surely he knew by then that he had no idea where he was walking?
Maybe he feared he would get a drunk in public charge?? At this point, it appears as if that could've been the best thing for him. I notice you can hear Riley walking, it's his boots, sounds like clodhoppers or when your feet get all sweaty in your boots and they keep trying to slip off with every step.

@MNPDNashville

Shown was Riley's brief exchange of greetings w/ Officer Reginald Young on Gay St., south of the Woodland St. Bridge, on the night of 3/8. Riley did not appear distressed. Officer Young was there on a vehicle burglary call & remained on that portion of Gay St. for 45 min.

1:09 PM · Mar 18, 2024
Wow! do we know what time this was? Riley appears to be much less impaired here. Nothing to arouse suspicion. Completely different demeanor than holding the wall to stay up. I honestly wish Riley would have fallen right in front of the police officer.

This video really makes me sad. It's so normal.. Greeting an officer and moving along.

Where are you Riley?

MOO

Maybe he feared he would get a drunk in public charge?? At this point, it appears as if that could've been the best thing for him. I notice you can hear Riley walking, it's his boots, sounds like clodhoppers or when your feet get all sweaty in your boots and they keep trying to slip off with every step.
You're right. And the sound of his footsteps slows down a bit, I think, as he gets closer to the officer, like he had been walking fairly quickly initially.

@WSMV

These women found missing Missouri student Riley Strain's bank card while searching for the 22-year-old along the Cumberland River. The search for Strain continues.

1:02 PM · Mar 18, 2024
I appreciate them taking their time to aide in this search.
I’m so conflicted looking at the pic they posted holding the card.
I get that they’re wearing gloves and that there may not be much forensic evidence left on it… but, man why not hold it delicately by the edges? Why paw at it so much, just for the sake of hope, no matter how small of a chance, that there is something that can be lifted off of it.
I may be wrong, but why even take that chance.

And by delicately, I mean no contact of fingers on the flat surface, just the sides.

Wow! do we know what time this was? Riley appears to be much less impaired here. Nothing to arouse suspicion. Completely different demeanor than holding the wall to stay up. I honestly wish Riley would have fallen right in front of the police officer.

This video really makes me sad. It's so normal.. Greeting an officer and moving along.

Where are you Riley?

MOO
This copcam video would be after all the other surveillance, after the parking lot fall, after the stumble down church and after he crossed the street with the group of people, the cop is on gay and 1st Street, and you can see the woodland bridge. This might be some of the last footage of him.

I noticed the shoe sounds too. To me that's the only clue that something might be off. It's like he's sort of not fully picking his feet up yet also slamming them down a bit awkwardly too. Maybe he saw the officer and tried to pull himself together the best he could including exaggerated 'all is fine here' steps. So sad. MOO

I noticed the shoe sounds too. To me that's the only clue that something might be off. It's like he's sort of not fully picking his feet up yet also slamming them down a bit awkwardly too. Maybe he saw the officer and tried to pull himself together the best he could including exaggerated 'all is fine here' steps. So sad. MOO
I agree. I think the officer noticed it too, he seemed to shine his light in that direction.

I agree. I think the officer noticed it too, he seemed to shine his light in that direction.
Yes on the light. I honestly thought he'd have blood on his head after his fall but I didn't see that in this video and I was looking for it. I think the officer did well by greeting Riley as sort of a 'test', and Riley's answer and demeanor passed I would think. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queeniegee