Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #177

Status
Not open for further replies.
No hearing date set at this time.

@BobSegallWTHR

Gull did not rule on the contempt issue today. She graciously allowed the defense request to submit a post hearing memo to sum up its arguments in writing. That’s due in 1 week. The prosecutor will then have a week to respond. So no contempt decision until April. #wthr 14/

8:21 PM · Mar 18, 2024

Thank you! :)

Kidnapping has a five-yr statute of limitations in the state of IN. That law needs to be changed! moo
I agree, but...
I can't think of a way to make this sound less snarky, honestly.
Maybe if LE didn't wait five and a half years to do a formal interview of the one single person who was positively identified as being on the bridge that afternoon with physical characteristics consistent with BG.

I agree, but...
Maybe if LE didn't wait five and a half years to do a formal interview of the one single person who was positively identified as being on the bridge that afternoon with physical characteristics consistent with BG.
bbm
Nice wording!! :)

Kidnapping has a five-yr statute of limitations in the state of IN. That law needs to be changed! moo
What purpose does that serve? It seems it's logical to think that most kidnapping victims are women and children. It's also, IMO, logical to think that most kidnappings are violent crimes that wind up with the injury and death of the victims.

Indiana I was informed by watching Court TV recap last night doesn't catagorize 1st, 2nd and 3rd murder. I'm not sure if they have aggravated murder? So what exactly did the prosecution manage to charge RA with yesterday...a bumped up murder charge with DP but legally the girls weren't kidnapping because the statute ran out?

Because the D is painting the picture of poor little ole' RA, so short and feeble could he really be capable of something so heinous??? He's been so mistreated, he's just a meek and mild CVS pharm tech, just look at him. Sympathy card 101.

That is the textbook opposite of a Defense who wants to present a strong, confident Defendant.

MOO

That's exactly what they're doing. And the guy has lost so much weight since arrest, I feel this is strategy too, since he's on video they want to make him seem as different in appearance as possible to the video. And like he's wasting away due to mistreatment in jail.

I agree, but...
I'd like to know for certain just how that CO's report got missfiled (the street name becoming RA's last name) and by whom, alocal, state or Fed.

Just speculating here, but if the perp used a car after the crime, wouldn't it light up like a xmas-tree during a Luminol check, even years after...?

Given that the perp didn't thoroughly clean himself and his clothes before entering the car, or even more thoroughly, cleaning the car interior afterwards.

Possibly to probably, yes. They would not, to my knowledge, do much processing of the car where it was at the house but tow it to an evidence bay at an LE facility to truly do intensive testing like luminol.

Checkers/Chess
Banfield is right about Bob.
Motta is both defense whisperer and criminal trial analyst.
Not only on this case but on a number of other hot cases here at WS.

jmo

I'm surprised nobody on MSM is discussing Click's testimony. I'm waiting for an approved source.
MOO
We can't have anything getting out that might be favorable to the accused. I've often wondered if the MSM is required withhold reporting on such things. I'm shocked/not shocked there is next to nothing about it in the news.

It was said that MS had a good episode on the hearing so I bit the bullet and went for it. Made it to the 23mm and gave up. I may try again later to finish it.

Baldwin put on the stand former Rushville Police Chief Todd Click, who testified that he was part of a small group of detectives that developed a credible theory linking Carroll County Odinists to the girls’ killings.

Click said he was motivated to resurrect that theory after reading the state’s case against Allen, which he felt was lacking. He said that, to his knowledge, state police never further pursued the Odinist investigation.

First, Baldwin questioned an ex-police officer, Todd Click, from Russiaville who was involved in the Delphi investigation. Click said there were several other persons of interest early on that were never followed up with.

At least one of those persons of interest was interviewed in the first week of the investigation.

Last edited:
If the D's lips are moving they are blowing smoke. IMO
Does the defense think they are representing their client in a professional manner? It's baffling that anyone thinks they are actually serious and trying to mount a good defense for their client. It is one ridiculous crap shot after another. And the defense will blame everyone and anything else other than taking accountability. The LE did this, the judge did that, the state did this.. and poor us no time to look at things, poor RA and the Odin guards, blah blah blah.. Seems to be they are creating the very drama they are then pointing to as being the problem.. GEEZ ya think? The fact they have to create all these side shows in order to "Defend" their client, tells me they have NOTHING to prove he was not on the bridge with a gun ordering the girls "down the hill" and then brutally murdering them. If they did, they could just use that evidence and quit with all these antics.

So they want this hearing and they get it and then they don't call a single witness to help their case and they don't ask a single question about the actual problem they want to address, they instead want to try to get other information out now to the public by asking questions about things WAY after the recordings were taped over.. things that don't need to be out till trial.

Allen's attorney, Andrew Baldwin, presented evidence that mirrored the defense team's Sept. 18 memorandum theorizing that Odinists killed teenagers Libby German and Abby Williams on Feb. 13, 2017, as part of a ritual sacrifice.

Baldwin argued that the state's investigators destroyed video and audio interviews with people who might be the teenagers' killers. This lost evidence — including an interview with a suspected Odinist — might clear Allen as the suspect in the case, the attorney claimed.
Delphi murder suspect Richard Allen seeks charges' dismissal over lost evidence

:rolleyes: and the conspiracy widens - plot thickens.

Good grief, apparently anyone who is anyone in Indiana wants poor little unassuming pharmacy tech Richard Allen framed for these murders committed by mysterious Odinists in a ritual sacrifice. sigh

Allen's attorney, Andrew Baldwin, presented evidence that mirrored the defense team's Sept. 18 memorandum theorizing that Odinists killed teenagers Libby German and Abby Williams on Feb. 13, 2017, as part of a ritual sacrifice.

Baldwin argued that the state's investigators destroyed video and audio interviews with people who might be the teenagers' killers. This lost evidence — including an interview with a suspected Odinist — might clear Allen as the suspect in the case, the attorney claimed.
Delphi murder suspect Richard Allen seeks charges' dismissal over lost evidence

:rolleyes: and the conspiracy widens - plot thickens.

Good grief, apparently anyone who is anyone in Indiana wants poor little unassuming pharmacy tech Richard Allen framed for these murders committed by mysterious Odinists in a ritual sacrifice. sigh

Call me crazy, but if we're mind-reading Hoosiers, I'd offer that everyone in Indiana wants to know that for Indiana child murder investigations the first 70 days of witness, tipper and potential POI interviews will not become all for naught and/or disappeared, and that all evidence-based prepared POI evidence warrants will be served and executed.

My sympathies to you, Indiana, where murder investigations can be just a hot meth.

JMHO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads