Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing after leaving bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone’s nieces and daughters and granddaughters (and sons as well) need to know to NEVER EVER leave a drink unattended at a bar or a party. They also need to hope they have good friends who have your back and don’t leave you if there is danger.
We need to train our young ones to be those good friends
We all have our stories and those are mine!
My son works in the Quarter in New Orleans. As we discussed this case, he told me he has new rules in place: unless it's a bottle or can and he sees the server open it, he will not drink anything served to him at anytime. There are two trusted establishments where he knows everyone and they know him and he does relax that rule.

His roommate, mid 40s, was drugged in December. Just out and about with friends. He left the second he felt feeling unusual and barely made it back to his place of business where he was cared for.

I don't think Riley was roofied or drugged as he stayed awake too long, but apparently it's very bad out there.

Press conferences like this really don’t help the situation IMO.

I think that local law enforcement have done a great job in this case piecing together CCTV to establish his final movements on that night.. unfortunately and tragically it seems to be that pretty much the only logical explanation is that Riley entered the water and drowned on that night.

further federal resources are not going to be poured into this case IMO when they will not change the overall ending of this case - As hard as it is for the family this now ultimately is a waiting game until the river gives up the body somewhere in the days, weeks, months to come.

I understand they are hurting I really do but criticising and being frustrated with LEs response is not the right thing to do here.
This goes back to my earlier point about what LE has been saying to the family (or not) to help them mitigate their hopes. There have to be statistics about these types of situations...even the family spokesman (I think it was him) said that the first 48 are so important, and we are way beyond that. If LE is saying they're scaling back the investigation, I hope that helps the family temper their expectations...I know we've had lots of posts on here where we are all hoping beyond hope for them and we understand psychologically why the family is holding out hope, but I still do wonder what, if anything, LE is doing to help the family understand that a positive outcome isn't likely. They haven't changed his missing person's status or declared this a recovery, but I think they know how this is (statistically) likely to end. I wonder if they've been able to provide them with a social worker and/or say any of these things to the family (not that it will diminish a parent's hope). All JMO and I'm still so so sad for them all.

This goes back to my earlier point about what LE has been saying to the family (or not) to help them mitigate their hopes. There have to be statistics about these types of situations...even the family spokesman (I think it was him) said that the first 48 are so important, and we are way beyond that. If LE is saying they're scaling back the investigation, I hope that helps the family temper their expectations...I know we've had lots of posts on here where we are all hoping beyond hope for them and we understand psychologically why the family is holding out hope, but I still do wonder what, if anything, LE is doing to help the family understand that a positive outcome isn't likely. They haven't changed his missing person's status or declared this a recovery, but I think they know how this is (statistically) likely to end. I wonder if they've been able to provide them with a social worker and/or say any of these things to the family (not that it will diminish a parent's hope). All JMO and I'm still so so sad for them all.
Yes, that’s what I was thinking: Some kind of social worker counseling or crisis intervention response would seem to be in order. They’ve talked about him still graduating this May, and they seem unprepared for the likely reality.

Of course in their shoes I’d not want anyone to tell me to give up, either.

My logical mind says he’s gone from this world but my mama’s heart would feel the same way his parents do.

Law Enforcement should’ve requested all ride share or taxi cabs with Dash Cams that worked in the area of his travel to review their camera footage that night and time that the other cameras lost track of him…The majority stays in cloud for a few weeks or longer…The older dash cams using cards would be zero value at this time !

IMO , the finding of his debit card is peculiar. if it was in his shirt pocket and he gave his shirt to a homeless person, TBH, I feel that they would have utilized their newfound resource. Also, why was his debit card separate from his identification card? did he not carry a wallet? Did he carry his debit card and his identification in a pocket? I understand the younger generation does use technology to pay for many things, but to get into a club, looking his youthful self he would have been carded, IMO.

Law Enforcement should’ve requested all ride share or taxi cabs with Dash Cams that worked in the area of his travel to review their camera footage that night and time that the other cameras lost track of him…The majority stays in cloud for a few weeks or longer…The older dash cams using cards would be zero value at this time !
Do we know they didn't?

there was a case similar to this in Florida, where a man parked his truck and walked to meet his friends, but never made it. They later found his body through private investigators wedged behind a gated dumpster. they were never able to determine how he got there but foul play was not suspected he was also intoxicated.

there was a case similar to this in Florida, where a man parked his truck and walked to meet his friends, but never made it. They later found his body through private investigators wedged behind a gated dumpster. they were never able to determine how he got there but foul play was not suspected he was also intoxicated.
I guess that’s another possibility, though not a likely one: Riley could be found on land.

Some are now saying “LOPS” is known to some as “loss of power soon”…… seems to track as we know his Apple Watch and phone ceased action just moments later…
So phone an apple watch stopped simultaneously? I think apple watches are waterproof. I've never been in the water with mine though. Maybe a really cold water could affect the watch? Found this. I'm believing he tumbled into the cold water. The banks look steep to me too so it would be hard to get out and hypothermia is fast.

"Apple Watch Series 2 and later can be used for shallow-water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean, but you shouldn't use models other than Apple Watch Ultra or later for diving, water skiing, or other activities involving submersion below shallow depth or high-velocity water.Feb 5, 2024"

About Apple Watch water resistance​

1710886336168.png

When I first saw the videos, the one that got my eye was the one where Riley was clearly struggling and a guy went by on a bike. I was thinking, hopefully they are able to interview the cyclist.

Then the shirt story came out and it reportedly involved a man on a bicycle. Hmmm.

The fact that the card was found amongst some trash, tells me someone put it there. First, people normally keep cards in a wallet. Even if it was kept in a pocket, it would be highly unlikely that the card somehow got out of his pocket by accident. Under the theory that he accidentally fell in the water, what are the odds, his bank card became separated from him and fairly quickly found?
I think the trash is there because the water level goes above and below that level, so trash washes up there. The water was particularly high, from rain, around the same time period he went missing. So if he fell in with his card, it could have washed up there with the other trash in the river, as the level subsided.

Im sure they just can't go there, they'll fall complete apart. Thinking or saying it makes it real.
That’s so true. I remember reading about a woman whose son was fighting in Iraq, and was killed. An army vehicle with an official came to her home to tell her. She spoke through the door crack with it ajar. She wouldn’t let him in, so he said, “Ma’am, you’re going to have to open the door and let me in at some point.”
She said, “No, if I let you in, it will make it true.”
Heartbreaking.

I think the trash is there because the water level goes above and below that level, so trash washes up there. The water was particularly high, from rain, around the same time period he went missing. So if he fell in with his card, it could have washed up there with the other trash in the river, as the level subsided.
That could be, and I’ve wondered the same about his card washing up, but there’s an amazing amount of trash there on the slopes from the homeless who live there. Much higher than the water level would reach. There are a ton of actual videos showing it… it’s very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zurbamommyof2