Missouri, St. Louis - Teenage girl critically injured after brutal fight with another female teen near Hazelwood East High School, 8 March 2024

My husband and I were wondering about the video, the person filming must have known what was going to happen, before the incident, because the filming started BEFORE the actual beating. The video started as soon as Kaylee appears, and the perpetrator is running towards her.

Usually when you see these types of videos, it is when both parties are down on the ground. There is not the information regarding who started the incident. This video is very clear, a premeditated blitz attack. The victim didn't even seem aware of any danger.

I think that is going to be a key element in the process regarding charges and potential trial. I am interested in who did the video, why, and why it was done prior to the incident.
Hopefully they have a capable police department and the person recording the attack has been questioned and her phone confiscated for the investigation. Surely they complied, otherwise they too would be charged with hindering of evidence and obstruction of justice.

I don't think we have heard anything from anyone about what happened prior to this, have we? I find that a bit surprising. Kids not wanting to snitch on anyone guess? There are several dozen people there. Are we to assume that no one knew anything?
More likely they’ve been advised to only talk with law enforcement and their legal representatives.

For what it’s worth, MOO, I believe both were probably bullied in various ways. That is one intensely troubled high school, academically, economically, more. MSM citation, here’s US News and World Report on the high school’s 15% math proficiency (lots of other stats too), and this is a community that struggles hard with poverty as well, 60%+ free lunch … I see no evidence at all that this is a particularly kind and nurturing environment. I fully believe that both victim and aggressor here went through a lot, a whole lot. https://www.usnews.com/education/be...ts/hazelwood/hazelwood-east-high-school-11656
Having once lived in the region, I can tell you that this part of St. Louis is not an area where most people would choose to live, if they had any chance of living in a safer neighborhood.

My husband and I were wondering about the video, the person filming must have known what was going to happen, before the incident, because the filming started BEFORE the actual beating. The video started as soon as Kaylee appears, and the perpetrator is running towards her.

Usually when you see these types of videos, it is when both parties are down on the ground. There is not the information regarding who started the incident. This video is very clear, a premeditated blitz attack. The victim didn't even seem aware of any danger.

I think that is going to be a key element in the process regarding charges and potential trial. I am interested in who did the video, why, and why it was done prior to the incident.
I think it looks premeditated, too, and the one filming was in on what was about to take place.

Kids will fight at times, but that went way beyond a brawl--that was premeditated attempted murder (MOO) and if the attacker isn't charged as an adult, I fear it will give other teens the idea that they can do something similar and only be charged as juveniles.

I think charging her as an adult is vital.

I think it looks premeditated, too, and the one filming was in on what was about to take place.

Kids will fight at times, but that went way beyond a brawl--that was premeditated attempted murder (MOO) and if the attacker isn't charged as an adult, I fear it will give other teens the idea that they can do something similar and only be charged as juveniles.

I think charging her as an adult is vital.
I agree with most all that you say. My main differing thought is that while the slamming of KG's head onto the pavement more than once certainly could support a claim of attempted murder, there is no legal charge of 'attempted murder' in MIssouri, and I am also not convinced that part of the attack was premeditated, even if it appears that the actual fight may have been. I realize premeditation can be formed in the blink of an eye, but I believe she was acting out of pure rage, with no pre-planned thought that she may kill someone. I do believe she needs to be charged as an adult, and charged to the fullest extent of the law. If KG lives, the charge will likely be 2nd degree assault, and if the victim dies, the charge may well be 2nd degree murder, though I think a manslaughter charge would be more likely. JMO

At times, a person may intend in the instant that the killing occurred to kill another; but in the moments, hours, days, months leading up had no such intent. In these cases, what is generally-termed second degree murder has occurred.

Second-Degree murder has elements of both rational and irrational thought and action on the part of the defendant. An example would be two people getting into a fight at a bar; one gets the advantage and continues to beat on the other, intending in that moment only, to kill. Another example is committing a murder in the course of committing another felony crime. In some parts of the United States, this is known as Felony Murder; Missouri calls it voluntary manslaughter.

Finally, when a death occurs at someone’s hand and they simply did not intend for it to happen, a charge of Involuntary Manslaughter may be brought. In Missouri, Involuntary Manslaughter is a Class B Felony. Some states refer to this as Third-Degree Murder, some include vehicular homicide with this level of murder.

Last edited:
True, but WS wouldn't allow us to name a kidnap victim here, even though her name was widely known. Because she was a minor. This seems to be a similar situation.
The question was are her parents allowed to release her medical info, not whether or not we are allowed to discuss the info here. Because she is a minor, her parents are her voice. Also, parents/family aren’t bound by HIPAA anyway. It’s regulations on what providers are allowed to disclose.

The neighborhood where the video is taken looks fairly middle class. Is it not?
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I wasn't necessarily talking about income levels, the area is mostly lower to middle class, IMO. I was more addressing the crime aspect of the area. While there are much, much worse (crime wise) areas of the St. Louis metropolitan area, the area where this occurred is not the best.

A couple years ago, for work, I had to be in that area on four consecutive Fridays in the late afternoon/early evening. On all four occasions, I was surprised at the number of gunshots I heard. On one of those occasions, it sounded like and old western shootout.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I wasn't necessarily talking about income levels, the area is mostly lower to middle class, IMO. I was more addressing the crime aspect of the area. While there are much, much worse (crime wise) areas of the St. Louis metropolitan area, the area where this occurred is not the best.

A couple years ago, for work, I had to be in that area on four consecutive Fridays in the late afternoon/early evening. On all four occasions, I was surprised at the number of gunshots I heard. On one of those occasions, it sounded like and old western shootout.
What area of St. Louis is this? I am only vaguely familiar with that city. Is this indeed part of the City of St. Louis?

What area of St. Louis is this? I am only vaguely familiar with that city. Is this indeed part of the City of St. Louis?
No, it is in North St. Louis, County.

ETA - I'm not trying to imply it's a horrible area and maybe my experiences a couple years ago were the exception but, those gunshots stood out in my mind. I'm familiar with firearms and own several myself but, hearing that many, that close and not knowing where they were coming from was a bit rattling.

No, it is in North St. Louis, County.

ETA - I'm not trying to imply it's a horrible area and maybe my experiences a couple years ago were the exception but, those gunshots stood out in my mind. I'm familiar with firearms and own several myself but, hearing that many, that close and not knowing where they were coming from was a bit rattling.
Thank you for this and the map. It helps me out a lot.

Thank you for this and the map. It helps me out a lot.
No problem. I should have added this above. When I was in that area a couple years back, based on the neighborhoods I drove through, I did NOT expect to hear any gunshots. Maybe that added to the shock value of hearing them and some bias in my thoughts of the area.

Here's a map with St. Louis City highlighted in red. The arrow points to the approximate location of Hazelwood East High School.
View attachment 491842
Pretty much anything north of I-270, the northernmost Interstate and approximately where the arrow is pointed, is basically a no man's land for outsiders.

And to a previous poster, we have to remember that size isn't everything and just because one person is larger doesn't mean the other isn't scrappy.
I fully agree with your point in the broad sense.

My family has offered support to a variety of "at risk youth" type girls- including some with aggressive natures. Likewise, I have participated in boxing and have been around alot of high school athletes, collegiate athletes and even some minor league pros.

In this case, the video of the victim's gait, muscle tone and physical response to the attack just does not give me "vibes" that she would be capable of compensating from either being a conditioned athlete, or from being just plain "scrappy" with natural eye, hand foot coordination and an innate ability to "explode" in response to a physical threat.

In short, even with your well taken point that there are some people who can compensate for an opponents size and strength advantage, I dont think she was one of these people.

Rather, the "vibes" I get is that the poor victim was totally out classed from the beginning. My guess is that the victim was likely selected because she was totally out classed and was known to not have unusual compensating abilities.

I fully agree with your point in the broad sense.

My family has offered support to a variety of "at risk youth" type girls- including some with aggressive natures. Likewise, I have participated in boxing and have been around alot of high school athletes, collegiate and even some minor league level professional athletes.

In this case, the limited video footage of the victim's gait, muscle tone and response to the attack just does not give me "vibes" that she would be capable of compensating for that size advantage from either being a conditioned athlete, or from being just plain "scrappy" with natural eye, hand foot coordination and an innate ability to "explode" in response to a physical threat.

In short, even with your well taken point that there are some people who can compensate for an opponents size and strength advantage, I dont think she was one of these people.

Rather, the "vibes" I get is that the poor victim was totally out classed from the beginning. My guess is that the victim was likely selected because she was totally out classed and was known to not have unusual compensating abilities.

Easy target then?
Poor kid didn't stand a chance

moo

I am appalled at the amount of people on social media blaming the victim and standing up for the accused - not just on social media. Literally protesting that the accused be released. Strange.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyLFC1892
Back