FL - Michael Banks shoots his mother and daughter and kills mother's friend after trying to pursue romantic relationship with daughter - Jan. 19 2024

Clearsky

Reaction score

1705882743976.png

A Tampa man shot and wounded his mother and teenage daughter and fatally wounded his mother’s friend before firing at a police officer Wednesday, according to newly released court documents.

He is one sick SOB. Too bad he wasn’t shot in the confrontation with police. That would have saved the taxpayers a lot of money. Now this family has to live in fear that he could get out of prison decades from now. JMO

Snip
Prosecutors said Banks purchased his gun from a sporting goods website one year ago.

The suspect will be charged at a later date, but police said he had a violent criminal history, including spending time in prison for aggravated battery of a pregnant female and battery on a person over 65.

He wanted a relationship with his own daughter? What a....
Indeed.
He is one sick SOB. Too bad he wasn’t shot in the confrontation with police. That would have saved the taxpayers a lot of money. Now this family has to live in fear that he could get out of prison decades from now. JMO
I can't imagine, if he is convicted for murder and attempted murder (I assume that would also be a charge), that he would ever be let out of prison. Surely not a chance.
Damm.

Bolded by me but snipped from first article on this thread:

“Speaking to police, Banks admitted writing the letter to his daughter, according to the court records. Banks told police he heard his mother and Muentes talking about leaving with the daughter.

“He described feeling betrayed and upset,” the documents state.

Banks said he went to his room and loaded his revolver. The process includes measuring gun powder before pouring it into each of the six cylinders, pressing projectiles into each cylinder and then seating percussion caps for each cylinder, according to the documents.”

Wow—the lengthy procedure to actually load the gun used to murder and injure the three women (which the shooter actually did twice before surrendering!) should demonstrate to a jury that this was no impulsive crime of passion!

I'm just hoping that he has not abused his daughter before. Its strange for a dad to suddenly decide he wants a sexual relationship with his daughter after 17 years. Is the daughter his daughter by marriage? I'm gobsmacked.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiphasGrace
Back