Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine the ME has in fact given them information, but the final report won’t be complete until the tox screen is done.

I don’t take that to mean that they don’t necessarily know how she died.
The toxicology report holds up the final report. My sister's autopsy was in January 2021, we didn't get final report until March 2021 and toxicology showed nothing that contributed to her death.

<modsnip> 'AITA for thinking my husband is sexualizing our daughter?'....and SS response to it being pretty vile, and also insightful into how he likely gaslit JS. So, I went looking for it. Here is that post.

And, he has 10,999 comments posted on reddit. Most are about Disneyland, and most of the rest about his pokemon type toys (sorry, I don't know much about that genre), some comments about his 'stepdaughter', and some tidbits in between that are insightful and weird about his personality. It's a lot of reading......about 10,999 comments worth. Here is that link...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hitchhike, which I'd think would be a runaway's way of getting far away if they don't have access to buses. Also, a hitchhiker wouldn't have cameras capturing her every movement like at a bus station, and even in the bus. And, SS would "helpfully" point that out to LE and in MSM interviews that that's likely what happened, and that the hitchhiker killed her.
I don't think kids now even consider hitch hiking an option. If anything would be more likely to get an Uber or something.

<modsnip> 'AITA for thinking my husband is sexualizing our daughter?'....and SS response to it being pretty vile, and also insightful into how he likely gaslit JS. So, I went looking for it. Here is that post.

And, he has 10,999 comments posted on reddit. Most are about Disneyland, and most of the rest about his pokemon type toys (sorry, I don't know much about that genre), some comments about his 'stepdaughter', and some tidbits in between that are insightful and weird about his personality. It's a lot of reading......about 10,999 comments worth. Here is that link.

If you need to catch up ,there is an excellent Media thread .

And, he has 10,999 comments posted on reddit. Most are about Disneyland, and most of the rest about his pokemon type toys (sorry, I don't know much about that genre), some comments about his 'stepdaughter', and some tidbits in between that are insightful and weird about his personality. It's a lot of reading......about 10,999 comments worth. Here is that link...
That comment he left on Reddit makes me think that JS did know / suspect and probably had confronted him. Just sayin. MOO.

if mom says she had no idea he was sexually abusing her daughter, evidence needs to be obtained substantiating she did know. if no evidence, what then? possibly others who did not report suspicions but did alert her and she too did nothing. what then...its suspicions not acted on. which Chief H made a point to bring up, suspicions shouldnt be ignored.

then there is the second huge component, her death. was mom involved directly with her death? if not, did mom assist him in a coverup? they require evidence of that. do they have it? LE is not saying.

heavy sigh...just a wait and see if a case is truly being compiled against any other person for the abuse she suffered and ultimately her death.
I would guess that a lot of the times that a parent knows about abuse but isn't directly party to it (never there when it happens, never told by the victim), LE can't hold them criminally responsible. It's pretty hard to prove someone knew something, if "knowing" is the extent of it.

Say JS did know that SS was sexually abusing MS, but JS was never present when it occurred, and mostly wanted to keep ignorant. How could she be implicated in that? MS cannot report if she told her mom or not. Chief Holland said the family hadn't been investigated for something like this before. Maybe SS could say she knew, but how would he prove that? No one is going to believe him just off his word.

No judgment just the observation. I've come to expect close family of a victim to stand near the podium. Family and LE, united in purpose.

Didn't see that today. That's all.
I certainly didn't expect to see COP alone on stage. Where are the investigators supporting the investigation, the DA?

I don't feel good regarding the presser, has an odd feel.

Moo

When Chief Holland spoke at the end about reporting abuse to LE, I wondered if she was also still speaking in reference to this case, and not just generally.
it was a very interesting answer that focused on reporting abuse, how to counsel kids to be open about what is going on in their lives, etc. etc and then mentioning people 'can' report suspicions. my feeling is it pertains to this case specifically but also served as a global reminder.

I would guess that a lot of the times that a parent knows about abuse but isn't directly party to it (never there when it happens, never told by the victim), LE can't hold them criminally responsible. It's pretty hard to prove someone knew something, if "knowing" is the extent of it.

Say JS did know that SS was sexually abusing MS, but JS was never present when it occurred, and mostly wanted to keep ignorant. How could she be implicated in that? MS cannot report if she told her mom or not. Chief Holland said the family hadn't been investigated for something like this before. Maybe SS could say she knew, but how would he prove that? No one is going to believe him just off his word.
I would think though, if they could verify she did know, she’d be held accountable for negligence or child endangerment or something of the like. MOO.

ETA: I understand your point though about proving the “knowing.”

Could it be that they were actually going to give some major information and something happened ,maybe a legal intervention ,which prevented them from divulging it.
It's certainly possible. There are actually 2 investigations...the SA and the death. They overlap but yet are distinct to themselves and LE has to be extremely careful not to let one negate the other. Here they are, investigating a missing child report and low and behold, they uncover other crimes committed against the missing child and before they can turn the corner on a complete investigation of those, her remains are located and they have a death to investigate. I'm not surprised there isn't much being released given the complexity of the cases as a whole. I don't want to see murder charges filed against anyone until there is enough solid legal and legally obtained evidence to proceed without anyone accused being able to wiggle out with faulty evidence.

Here they are, investigating a missing child report and low and behold, they uncover other crimes committed against the missing child and before they can turn the corner on a complete investigation of those, her remains are located and they have a death to investigate.
That's a good point! Is the murder investigation being done by the Kissimmee Police Department also? Or is that being handled by a different police department since it was out of town?

It's certainly possible. There are actually 2 investigations...the SA and the death. They overlap but yet are distinct to themselves and LE has to be extremely careful not to let one negate the other. Here they are, investigating a missing child report and low and behold, they uncover other crimes committed against the missing child and before they can turn the corner on a complete investigation of those, her remains are located and they have a death to investigate. I'm not surprised there isn't much being released given the complexity of the cases as a whole. I don't want to see murder charges filed against anyone until there is enough solid legal and legally obtained evidence to proceed without anyone accused being able to wiggle out with faulty evidence.
I have absolutely no problem in LE taking their time before charging anyone. I think that telling media outlets there was going to be a press conference naturally led people to think there would be updates and some new information.

If they had nothing new to say ,then a written statement would have been far more suitable.

Sadly, I think you're right. The consensus seemed to be that major information was coming, to potentially include murder charges. It's shocking that the chief there had no ability to read the room in that regard, and didn't do anything ahead of time to temper expectations.
Yes, a press conference was held to update the investigation but had nothing to update.

There is also the horrible possibility that his final act of abuse resulted directly in her death.

I hate to even say something like this, but SS is depraved. We have no knowledge of exactly what he was doing to the poor child. (Thankfully. As what we do know is bad enough.) :(
I really hope that SS did not loan her out to one of his friends to abuse and she died during the act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member