Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing after leaving bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024 #3

Even though this outcome was expected, I'm gutted. I feel so bad for his family. Condolences to all. Since he was found with his watch on, I think we can rule out him being robbed of his valuables and then disposed of in the river, hopefully that will give his family a little piece of comfort. Question, since his body has been in the river for 2 weeks, does that mean toxicology won't be reliable? Rip Riley Strain.❤️
I wondered about toxicology at this point as well. Just to rule out or in if there was anything other than alcohol in his system. I’m only talking about whether he’d been roofied (never believed it personally). Maybe the cold of the water could impact tox results? Like preserve the condition he was in when he went into the water? All MOO

I am feeling his parents's pain keenly right now, having a college student myself. What an awful tradedy. I know that most of us knew this was coming, but it was still a gut punch. I am praying for his family and friends.

I am feeling his parents's pain keenly right now, having a college student myself. What an awful tradedy. I know that most of us knew this was coming, but it was still a gut punch. I am praying for his family and friends.
Yes, even though expected, this really hurts. Myself, I became very attached to him, and I can identify with his mother ( although my son is a verbal autistic, he has similar looks, traits, and sweetness of Riley).

I’m sad that this is the outcome. I’m also happy for the family that they will not be a part of the other families left wondering where their loved one is for years to come.

I’m proud of this group for all the information and constructive conversation around this case. You are all very impressive humans.

I wondered about toxicology at this point as well. Just to rule out or in if there was anything other than alcohol in his system. I’m only talking about whether he’d been roofied (never believed it personally). Maybe the cold of the water could impact tox results? Like preserve the condition he was in when he went into the water? All MOO
My thinking too, I wonder. I personally don't believe he was roofied, I know it happens but I don't see him being a target for that but, it's possible him and his group could have taken something which could have possibly added to his state of confusion that night. I'm sure LE and his family already know the answer to that though.

Yes, even though expected, this really hurts. Myself, I became very attached to him, and I can identify with his mother ( although my son is a verbal autistic, he has similar looks, traits, and sweetness of Riley).
Its every mother's worst nightmare. I hope when they are able, his family uses this tragedy to alert young adults to the dangers of alcohol abuse. Prayers for all who knew and loved him.

It was obvious to me from the get go that he fell into the river. May he RIP. Prayers to his family. That bar should be held accountable for serving him that much.
Willen, the bar only served him ONE alcoholic drink, he then bought two water beverages. He wasn't over-served. He was asked to leave over some other infraction of the rules.

RIP Riley.

The discovery of his body has really done something to my soul. Maybe it’s because I have a son who will be going to college in less than 2 years and this could be him! Idk. I watched his mama cry and I must so incredibly broken right now. We need to ingrain in our sons as well as our daughters about having a buddy system. He shouldnt have been left alone. Not blaming the other boys but that should be something we need to tell our sons.

When I was in Nashville last summer, it was around 7/8pm. We had been bar hopping but were winding down. Out of nowhere a guy, who looked very zombie-like, tried to lunge and grab at me and said “I WANT YOU!” Thankfully there was a bar stool between us and my husband stood in front of me while my friends husband grabbed a bouncer. The bouncer ushered him outside. These things happen in a drinking town and you can’t really be upset with the bar IMO. There are SO many people it’s impossible to make sure they are safe once they leave the establishment but they should be with their friends with some sort of buddy system in place.

RIP Riley :(

IMHO
It was heartbreaking to watch his mom break down at the last press conference.
She already knew the outcome but not the details- almost hoping against hope that he wasn’t in the water. I’m so sad for all of Riley’s loved ones.
I have to commend the extensive efforts in the water of so many searchers and groups aiding the police.
I’m honestly a bit surprised they found him this quickly. I think in a lot of these cases it takes 3-3.5 weeks before the body surfaces from a river. Grateful that his family is receiving closure. This hits home for so many with kids around this age- THERE BUT FOR THE GRACE OF GOD GO I

I’m wondering if that loud commotion and the comment, “He’s okay; he’s just drunk” was the point of falling down the embankment and into the water. The witnesses were in the dark and may not have realized he went in, or heard the splash from where they were.

In any case, I hope the cold water knocked him out so he didn’t have to suffer or feel fear.

It was obvious to me from the get go that he fell into the river. May he RIP. Prayers to his family. That bar should be held accountable for serving him that much.
Accountability goes to Riley who shouldn't have consumed so much alcohol. He's an adult and responsible for his choices. Still it's absolutely tragic and heartbreaking.

IMHO
It was heartbreaking to watch his mom break down at the last press conference.
She already knew the outcome but not the details- almost hoping against hope that he wasn’t in the water. I’m so sad for all of Riley’s loved ones.
I have to commend the extensive efforts in the water of so many searchers and groups aiding the police.
I’m honestly a bit surprised they found him this quickly. I think in a lot of these cases it takes 3-3.5 weeks before the body surfaces from a river. Grateful that his family is receiving closure. This hits home for so many with kids around this age- THERE BUT FOR THE GRACE OF GOD GO I
Yes, at least his parents and loved ones have closure. I think of other drowning cases such as that of Shantina Smiley in 2010, who after 14 years is presumed drowned/deceased, but whose body has never been recovered.

The bar records show he was served one drink and two waters. Not enough to make someone as falling down drunk as he clearly was on video. So he either drank quite a bit elsewhere, or he was drugged. The toxicology report may provide answers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ecdub
Back