Found Deceased CA - Fang Jin, 47, flew to LA from China, train to Palm Springs, Morongo Basin, 21 Jul 2023, w/ John Root Fitzpatrick, 55, (fnd dec.), 30 Jul ‘23 #3

It's a bit difficult to explain, but what I picture in my mind isn't so much John wanting to train Fang.

Because he wrote the texts saying they should start a business together, where they would take Chinese tourists out to the desert and he would teach them survival skills, I picture him wanting to show Fang the desert and show her some of the skills he told her about.

Less about training her, more about wanting to impress her. Completely innocent, should have been harmless fun, but unfortunate circumstances turned it into something else.
I can absolutely see this happening. If he was trying to drive up there to just show her around since it was so hot, maybe something happened with the truck and they were unable to drive it out so they got out to walk or to try to get cell signal by moving around and then things just went down hill.

I can totally see a man who had served his country in the way he did retiring and then not really finding his place in the civilian world or struggling to do so. Then having some relationship and personal problems with the restraining orders and the divorce and things we've heard about and then having alcohol problems.. then meeting a woman and trying to change things around. I can actually see a scenario where he really was changed, off alcohol, trying to have a fresh start, meets Fang and thinks she's amazing, successful, and just wanting to show her a good time, impress her and then things just went wrong with the record heat and perhaps the truck being stuck or tires going flat and then they can't make calls out for help so they are in big trouble fast.

I've been thinking about this lovely lady recently. I searched, but have not found any recent articles or updates.

I hope we, but more importantly, her family and loved ones, get the answers about what happened to her someday.
Her spirit still inspires us everyday....
⚘️

Just checking to see if there were any updates & to let the loved ones of Fang & John get answers & know that they are still remembered by others too.
Honestly I think now that we know they are both deceased, there will be no updates. Many people believe they were lost to the elements and it'll be left at that. Short of additional resources to do extra forensics (too late?), I don't think the public will know any more. Sad for the young daughters...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back