Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of the mothers actions, I expect LE to respond to any request promptly. LE confirmed, to reporters, she called at 4:45 and the officer responded at 8 pm. If LE didn't show up promptly, I'd be calling my Board of Supervisor rep, no matter the time, then the media. I'd be furious, as a tax payer.

Slow response to a missing child report, "fake" presser, reds flags in my opinion. We shall see ....
Moo ...
respectfully, I think the content of the 911 call is important and right now unknown to us as to what she told them or didnt tell them...according to her press statement when asked when she filed a missing report, she didnt answer that, she stumbled and said 'we filed..and switched to we called the police at 4:45pm (and was specific for pm)....and rolls into 'she actually went missing early that morning'. it would be unacceptable if that is the case that LE dragged their feet but we just dont know what she said or didnt say in that phone call.

and: if I was a media rep at the first presser, I would have asked Sheriff Mina, if she reported at 4:45pm, why wasnt a missing report completed right away, why the delay?

as with that first presser, we got pieces, time at the dumpster, time SS returning, no time leaving...nothing in between as to where was Madeline, SS and JS before he is seen at the dumpster. SheriffM wouldnt provide an answer if Madeline walked out of the apartment on her own...he answered by repeating she was visible in the car when SS returned. I tend to think the same for that 4:45pm phone call...something significant is missing.

I would also expect that if JS called to report Maddie missing at 4:45 in the afternoon, and officers didn't respond until 8 something that night, there would have been a huge public outcry and demands for change from area families.

We've already seen that in the calls for parents to be alerted earlier in the day if their child is absent.

The radio silence on this indicates to me that this seeming gap between report and response isn't a real thing.

I would also expect that if JS called to report Maddie missing at 4:45 in the afternoon, and officers didn't respond until 8 something that night, there would have been a huge public outcry and demands for change from area families.

We've already seen that in the calls for parents to be alerted earlier in the day if their child is absent.

The radio silence on this indicates to me that this seeming gap between report and response isn't a thing.
Yeah, I see it the same way. There should be criticism somewhere, and we've heard none. We do know that mom has no issue with lying though, to include the most important part of the timeline - the beginning. It's still an open question, but I'd be a bit surprised if there was a delay like that.

Just think about it.

You report your child missing at 4:45 in the afternoon and just sit around waiting until LE shows up 4 hours later?

No way.

I recently came across a person in distress in the street. Several people including me stopped to help and called 911.

When help didn't arrive immediately, we kept calling 911. And this was just people stopping to help a stranger on the street.

The radio silence on this indicates to me that this seeming gap between report and response isn't a real thing.
yes, the school absent alert msg time has been changed.

the time she emailed the teacher and received a response she was absent is interesting to me. because: she received the absent alert msg at 6pm. she had Madeline's cell phone. by making a few calls to her school friends she would have known right away she was not in school that day. were they last on the call list?

I will continue to textually rant: a parent/guardian/friend, whoever is responsible for picking up a child from school, from anywhere, in this instance school letting out, the kid/car crowd thins out, your child doesnt come out, and JS's first reaction is to drive away???

she doesnt get out of her car, walk inside the school, maybe in the bathroom, maybe hung up at her locker, maybe just shooting the breeze. this is where Madeline was supposed to be, in school, nowhere else. and yet she drives away without checking there first.

huge red flag. IMO

I will continue to textually rant: a parent/guardian/friend, whoever is responsible for picking up a child from school, from anywhere, in this instance school letting out, the kid/car crowd thins out, your child doesnt come out, and JS's first reaction is to drive away???

she doesnt get out of her car, walk inside the school, maybe in the bathroom, maybe hung up at her locker, maybe just shooting the breeze. this is where Madeline was supposed to be, in school, nowhere else. and yet she drives away without checking there first.

huge red flag. IMO
Exactly what I said early on. The school doors don’t close the minute the bell goes off. Teachers meet with students/parents, clubs/sports team meet, etc. I’d park my car, walk into the office (or side door) and ask someone for assistance if school just let out. And if doors are locked, school is still bustling, you walk around until you find assistance.

Exactly what I said early on. The school doors don’t close the minute the bell goes off. Teachers meet with students/parents, clubs/sports team meet, etc. I’d park my car, walk into the office (or side door) and ask someone for assistance if school just let out. And if doors are locked, school is still bustling, you walk around until you find assistance.
Do we know when the school lets out?

Would not surprise me one bit JS was late at least 15 min. And that would be actually 30 min late. What I mean by that is you always get that 15 min after the bell when the carline moves, kids are walking home, etc. and then it gets quiet quick. If she arrived just 10 min after that, then I can see it all play out.
By that time school does close, admin leaves right away. Few teachers might still be in their classrooms, but the school entry points are locked and you can’t really get to anyone, unless you have their cell or email.

And if JS had a habit of being late, I could see where the norm would be for Maddie to then walk to grandma’s work and wait.

JS does not strike me as a type a, organized, on point person.

Would not surprise me one bit JS was late at least 15 min. And that would be actually 30 min late. What I mean by that is you always get that 15 min after the bell when the carline moves, kids are walking home, etc. and then it gets quiet quick. If she arrived just 10 min after that, then I can see it all play out.
By that time school does close, admin leaves right away. Few teachers might still be in their classrooms, but the school entry points are locked and you can’t really get to anyone, unless you have their cell or email.

And if JS had a habit of being late, I could see where the norm would be for Maddie to then walk to grandma’s work and wait.

Here is the schedule for OCPS. It looks like the closing bell would have been at 3pm (this does say draft, however and I noticed the start time is different than what we have been told, so keep that in mind).

I would personally also assume some presence at the school for a couple of hours following and would think you could call the main office or something and reach a live person. It's different everywhere, but as mentioned, sports, clubs, etc even janitorial staff and just administrators and teachers having meetings and tidying up at the end of the day, I would think people would be around another hour or two.

Here is the schedule for OCPS. It looks like the closing bell would have been at 3pm (this does say draft, however and I noticed the start time is different than what we have been told, so keep that in mind).

I would personally also assume some presence at the school for a couple of hours following and would think you could call the main office or something and reach a live person. It's different everywhere, but as mentioned, sports, clubs, etc even janitorial staff and just administrators and teachers having meetings and tidying up at the end of the day, I would think people would be around another hour or two.
I just looked at the media thread.
Bell is at 4:04.
Reported her missing at 4:43.

Post in thread 'FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #3'
Found Deceased - FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #3

I would be extremely surprised if there would have been no way to speak to anyone in the school 30 minutes after the children were let out. I would also be surprised if JS did not have contact details for at least one of the parents in MS's class to ask for help and whether their child had seen Madeline leave . 2 of her friends were at the party so JS should have their parents' contact details.

I would be extremely surprised if there would have been no way to speak to anyone in the school 30 minutes after the children were let out. I would also be surprised if JS did not have contact details for at least one of the parents in MS's class to ask for help and whether their child had seen Madeline leave . 2 of her friends were at the party so JS should have their parents' contact details.

I think in one of the interviews, it was mentioned that JS and SS did check in with her friends (although we do not know when they did this), and had gone around to some places MS could have been. In addition to her grandmother's house, I think a comic store or something similar was mentioned? This might be what the officer is referring to in the link Universescaling just posted from the earlier thread where it says roughly "parents gave info where missing juvenile could be, checked she was not there"

I think in one of the interviews, it was mentioned that JS and SS did check in with her friends (although we do not know when they did this), and had gone around to some places MS could have been. In addition to her grandmother's house, I think a comic store or something similar was mentioned? This might be what the officer is referring to in the link Universescaling just posted from the earlier thread where it says roughly "parents gave info where missing juvenile could be, checked she was not there"
Everything seems to be almost deliberately woolly and left unclear even the time JS actually arrived at the school and when JS realised Madeline had not been in school that day.

Yeah, I see it the same way. There should be criticism somewhere, and we've heard none. We do know that mom has no issue with lying though, to include the most important part of the timeline - the beginning. It's still an open question, but I'd be a bit surprised if there was a delay like that.
I think it's interesting you keep mentioning JS as being a liar.
Do we know for a fact, that she intentionally lied to LE? No, we don't. And interestingly enough, LE have never come out and said "mom lied and committed a crime in doing so". That's only been said here (and probably social media, but I'm not following there).
Is it possible she misremembered the day, thinking it was that morning she saw MS getting ready for school?
(Any moms out there know exactly what I'm talking about?)
Is it possible she said something to the affect of "I'm pretty sure it was this morning I saw her getting ready" and the officer wrote it the way he did? Someone here did notice it was odd that the report said "observed" and someone else mentioned it might have just been "written that way" by the officer, instead of JS actually saying it that way. Which makes sense to me.
Is it possible she later realized it wasn't actually that morning and told LE, and they simply haven't cleared that up publicly because it's so far down the list of what actually matters in this case?

I think all are actually possible, but it's curious how opinion here is mostly leaning only one way.
I'm still giving this lady the benefit of the doubt. The presser didn't change my mind about that because even though a reporter did single mom out with a question, the answer didn't single her out, but included her in the "everyone close to Madeline" comment. Which is one of the most common things LE ever says at this point of an investigation, as they're following evidence & allowing that to tell the story.

I'm aware I'm in the extreme minority here but I'm seeing this lady as a victim, unless LE say different and so far, they have not.

jmo

Only speaking from a florida middle school experience. 30 min after the bell all gates are locked and you may get lucky there’s someone still in the front office left.
There are activities going on, but the gates can be opened from the inside, not outside.
School shootings have a lot to do with it.

Is it possible she misremembered the day, thinking it was that morning she saw MS getting ready for school?
(Any moms out there know exactly what I'm talking about?)
Honestly, I’d give it a pass if it was ANY other day than a Monday, a day after my child’s 13th bday party.

I’ve tried to give her even possible benefit of the doubt, every possible excuse and explanation (even upthread this morning), but some things don’t add up.
And those that don’t come from police reports, affidavits, warrants.
One in particular was her OWN SWORN statement. Signed by her.

Only speaking from a florida middle school experience. 30 min after the bell all gates are locked and you may get lucky there’s someone still in the front office left.
There are activities going on, but the gates can be opened from the inside, not outside.
School shootings have a lot to do with it.
It does make me wonder if JS either deliberately was late or drove around until she knew it would be difficult to speak directly to staff inside the school.

As for JS, I feel people tend to view it too black-and-white. There is a lot of grey, imo.
* She might have known nothing about neither SA nor murder, been a good mum and a good person and simply be used by SS.
* She might have known nothing about neither SA nor murder, been a good mum, but not a flawless person and also used by SS.
* She might have known nothing about neither SA nor murder, been not really mum of the year nor a flawless person and also used by SS.
* She might have known nothing about the SA, but suspected something about the murder, though she did not really know anything and was also used by SS.
* She might have known nothing about the SA and been told something about the murder, that she somewhat helped to cover up, while also being lied to and used by SS.
* She might have suspected something about the SA, but not reacted "properly" on her suspicions due to various different reasons, while also knowing nothing about the murder and being used by SS.
* She might have suspected something about the SA, but not reacted "properly" on her suspicions due to various different reasons, while also knowing or suspecting something about the murder, and still being used by SS.
* She might have known about the SA, been guilty about not stepping in about it, but not known anything about the murder.
* She might have known everything about the SA and the murder, while being also lied to and used by SS.
* She might have known everything about the SA and the murder, and been a willing participant in all this.

For some reason a lot of people seem to argue that it has to be either 1st or last.
I personally am pretty sure it is somewhere in between these two. Obviously, this list is not final and there are more options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark