Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing after leaving bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024 #3

When it comes to an object moving in the water, upstream means an object is going opposite or against the flow of the water. When something flows downstream it is going along with the flow of the river. Since the river flows west north west which is where Riley was found, his body floated downstream. The Cumberland River flows west north-west into Lake Barkley in Kentucky. So you are correct.
Oh my I have a cabin at LBL, so glad he was found.

They have been looking for him west of downtown the entire time. Cheatham County is west of Davidson County and they were looking for him there, but he didn't get that far. So, he was found in west Nashville.

Eta, i mean west if you are looking at land on maps

Just to update factual information, sadly Riley Strain was found in the Cumberland River approximately eight miles west of Luke Bryant's bar. The Cumberland River flows west (towards the Mississippi River).

Riley was in Nashville with his Delta Chi Frat Brothers from the University of Missouri on a trip.

My heart breaks for his family and friends as they process their loss.

JMO

If anyone reads that Riley’s church will livestream his service, please let us know. I think we all became quite attached to Riley and it might help with closure for us, too.

My heart has been so heavy and feel for his family. My gosh, their pain must be excruciating. Terrible shock and loss.

Last edited:
It did. It was released earlier than the trip and fall, but if you put the locations onto the map - the trip and fall ocurred earlier in time than him staggering down the street, across the crosswalk etc.

oh my that changes my perspective! thanks for pointing that out
I guess it's irrelevant now but makes his interaction with the cop even stranger that he seemed so cool and collected

Looks like the preliminary autopsy is back. I really want to see the toxicology report. IMO i feel there was more than alcohol in his system. Hoping just the fall in the parking lot cause his disorientation.

Does any know how far the fall was
own the river bank?

Looks like the preliminary autopsy is back. I really want to see the toxicology report. IMO i feel there was more than alcohol in his system. Hoping just the fall in the parking lot cause his disorientation.

Does any know how far the fall was
own the river bank?

After being in the water for two weeks with advanced decomposition it may be difficult to identify alcohol (ethanol) consumed and the ethanol that is formed during decomposition. It's difficult to detect the origin.

I’m honestly considering the possibility that he was drugged. It’s reportedly quite common at Nashville bars. Why?
Hopefully the tox report will show if that’s the case.

From what I've read online roofie type drugs metabolize quickly within a few hours and won't show up on a toxicological report unless the test is done soon after. You have a very short window of 12-24 hours to be able to test for it.

From what I've read online roofie type drugs metabolize quickly within a few hours and won't show up on a toxicological report unless the test is done soon after. You have a very short window of 12-24 hours to be able to test for it.
any chance his frat brothers who left him alone will talk?

any chance his frat brothers who left him alone will talk?
I'm sure they will talk - and have talked - with Riley's family. Other than that, I would hope that they would stay out of the media so they can mourn the loss of their friend and stay away from the blame they are receiving on social media. They need to grieve and return to their lives at the University of Missouri and move foward beyond this tragedy.

They've already talked with the authorities in Nashville. The rest, it seems to me, is private - other than talking with Riley's family.

Metro leaders are looking at a list of safety improvements in the wake of RILEY STRAIN’S death. You can see the area from which he likely fell, under the James Robertson Pky bridge. The fence is not that secure (only one railing). Better barriers are at the top of the list.

View attachment 492584
I am not sure where I saw it but a witness saw him getting sick on the bridge. I am not sure if it was the couple that asked him if he was driving or not, but looking at this and considering his height it would be easy to tip over the side.

IMO i feel there was more than alcohol in his system.
I cannot rule that out, but tbh I also see no reason to rule it in.
Nothing indicates that he was followed for mugging. Nothing indicates that he drank the wrong drink and it was meant for a girl for a sexual assault - he was with frat boys, not girls. The group themselves might have consumed something more than booze and if that is the case, I hope they do share that with the police - tho they might not feel any reason to do so.
But unfortunately, sometimes drastic results happen for un-drastic reasons. There have been many cases of college boys who simply get so drunk, that they end up dying via some accident. Alcohol can kill, cannabis can make you mental, smoking can give you 15+ types of cancer. Everyone thinks it will not happen to them until it does.

Metro leaders are looking at a list of safety improvements in the wake of RILEY STRAIN’S death. You can see the area from which he likely fell, under the James Robertson Pky bridge. The fence is not that secure (only one railing). Better barriers are at the top of the list.

View attachment 492584

I didn't realize how steep the embankment was until I saw this :

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M.Lee