Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could maybe buy saying it to mom before bed, but I just knew in my bones that SS was lying when he claimed MS said “love you too” as she was (not actually) getting out of the car to go to school. (Still JMO ofc. But still.)
It strikes me the same as the “she was so happy.” Like making the story of her last day or last moments tolerable to them. A method to be at peace with what happened. At least for SS, because we know he made that up.

We were able to access Madeline's phone and there is information on the phone that indicated that she told people when she turned 13, which was on February 22nd, she actually wanted to go live in the woods."

The girl who is supposedly afraid to be alone and can’t sleep by herself wants to live in the woods?
If that message was really sent by Maddie... then living in the woods likely would feel like a safer option that living with a pedo across the hall when your mother is downstairs oblivious to what is going on above her head.

So what does that tell you? Where she was living was worse than living in the woods. How incredibly sad for her. :(

If that message was really sent by Maddie... then living in the woods likely would feel like a safer option that living with a pedo across the hall when your mother is downstairs oblivious to what is going on above her head.

So what does that tell you? Where she was living was worse than living in the woods. How incredibly sad for her. :(
so sad. another press conference Q&A: about the living in the woods text message, was there any sign of turmoil in the home? Sheriff M said "other than that, there was no other indication of turmoil in the house." bear in mind, this was the 'missing' press conference, not thought to be deceased. also, at that conference, he did mention the normal process is viewing video surveillance, license plate readers, cell phones from everyone...

Could maybe buy saying it to mom before bed, but I just knew in my bones that SS was lying when he claimed MS said “love you too” as she was (not actually) getting out of the car to go to school. (Still JMO ofc. But still.)
Yes, it makes sense to say "Good night, love you". Or also when leaving for school with someone else "Bye mom, love you!"

I just noticed both SS & JS saying the exact same thing and found it a but curious. Probably means nothing, but again we're all going over the same interviews and information now, and it stood out to me especially given JS conflicting information as to when she last saw/interacted with MS, and we know SS was lying, since he never dropped MS off for school.

Question: Are there even any woods remotely near the Soto apartment?

We know MS was found in brush on property which is ag/rural and does have something like woods a bit farther in (i.e. if SS did not have a flat perhaps his intention, assuming the flat while dumping MS remains), BUT this was +20 miles from her home.

I'm curious because I think it would be more believable MS sent this text/or posted on social if there is actually "woods" near her home. As others stated she was too scared to sleep alone, so running away to the woods really doesn't fit, IMO. Running away to her dad and stepmom, wanting to live with a bestie, some vague thing like getting her own house and being famous, things like that I could see a stressed out young girl writing.

We know MS was found in brush on property which is ag/rural and does have something like woods a bit farther in (i.e. if SS did not have a flat perhaps his intention, assuming the flat while dumping MS remains), BUT this was +20 miles from her home.

I'm curious because I think it would be more believable MS sent this text/or posted on social if there is actually "woods" near her home. As others stated she was too scared to sleep alone, so running away to the woods really doesn't fit, IMO. Running away to her dad and stepmom, wanting to live with a bestie, some vague thing like getting her own house and being famous, things like that I could see a stressed out young girl writing.
There are some wooded areas, particularly around nearby Shingle Creek. I'll attach a Google maps screenshot.

Venetian Bay woods.png

Alternatively, I've also wondered if Maddie's dad and stepmom might live in a wooded area, and she was hoping to perhaps go and live with them once she turned 13.

We were able to access Madeline's phone and there is information on the phone that indicated that she told people when she turned 13, which was on February 22nd, she actually wanted to go live in the woods."

The girl who is supposedly afraid to be alone and can’t sleep by herself wants to live in the woods?
Did any of her friends know she was afraid to sleep alone? I don’t think we know. Just curious.

because there is no other information revealed such as the context in conjunction with a possible exchange in the text message as well as a social media post (we dont know where)...its impossible to guess without knowing who she texted with and when.

JS said "I looked at her text messages', (claiming the 'crush' text exchanges, nothing was 'weird') and: "I" looked at all of her messages, all of her deleted messages, doesnt seem like she was talking to anyone' (in referencing to meeting up with someone) and then says she believes she was 'taken'.

its interesting about the msgs, she uses 'us' when talking about Madeline being 'open' and using 'we and us' ad nauseam for most of the interviews, but looking at text messages, she doesnt use WE. she says I.

LE would certainly be able to establish the activity on her phone...especially when the deleted messages JS claims she 'looked at'. the timeframe would indicate if it was possible that Madeline deleted msgs herself. and of course the last time she used her phone to text with someone.

This is just a theory, but I suspect Maddie wasn't afraid to sleep alone so much as she was afraid to simply be alone in her bedroom at night because SS might creep in. Begging to co-sleep with Mom with the excuse of being afraid might have been her defense against him; IIRC the affidavit mentions SS's room and MS's room as locations where abuse took place on camera but not JS's room, so maybe Mom's room was the only refuge that kept her safe and held no traumatic memories of abuse.

If that message was really sent by Maddie.

Ok so here's the Sheriff’s response .... at 9:34, he won't say exactly when that message about wanting to live in the woods was sent from Maddie's phone, but he says "obviously" it was sent before she turned 13, before Feb 22nd.

So, I'm convinced it wasn't some grand plan to throw off the police after she was deceased. It was Maddie sharing it as a cry for help to anyone who would listen. Heartbreaking beyond belief.

Did any of her friends know she was afraid to sleep alone? I don’t think we know. Just curious.
Being a woman, as I recall girls the age of Maddie often start having sleep overs, sometimes even before. Wonder if Maddie ever asked to have overnight guests, or if she was ever invited for a sleepover or slumber party?

In fact I would have thought 13 would be the age for a slumber birthday party! But maybe the Hispanic tradition is to have a party that’s predominately family.

Just trying to imagine how everyone concerned would respond if the topic of this typical early teen type of social event ever came up with Maddie and her friends.

She was barely 13. I know as a parent you need to be careful and talk with your kids, but I personally feel that level of snooping, to go through MS phone and read all of her texts?
RSBM
I'm confused; I thought JS meant she looked through her phone AFTER she was missing.

Do you mean snooping in general?

Maybe it is just me, but I just watched the interview with the parrot/dog bowl/timer thingy again.
And I recognize some of JS's behaviours in myself under stress, FWIW.
For clarity, I am ADHD, only diagnosed a couple of years ago in my 40s.
I don't think she is shaking; I think she is knee-bouncing. I do it a lot when I'm stemming, a lot less since I medicated, but it's still there. My knee bounces so hard and rapidly that it makes the table shake at dinner time, and that is when I am not stressed but excited because, as a family, we talk about our day, tell jokes, tell stories, etc.
But when I have been under heavy stress, my knee goes crazy. I must stop it mentally and physically when and IF I notice.
Also, at around the 9:00-minute mark, they talk about how she feels, and the interviewer asks questions.
JS pushes her lips together and frowns hard several times.
I do the exact thing when I am trying desperately not to cry. I can see it when she does it, and I tried imaging it was me, and I felt the same thing.
Her eyes are very telling.
The first thing I thought was that she was stoned, but I think it's medication. I am interested in knowing what she was taking.
I know this is not a popular opinion, but I saw something completely different from most of you guys here.

Maybe it is just me, but I just watched the interview with the parrot/dog bowl/timer thingy again.
And I recognize some of JS's behaviours in myself under stress, FWIW.
For clarity, I am ADHD, only diagnosed a couple of years ago in my 40s.
I don't think she is shaking; I think she is knee-bouncing. I do it a lot when I'm stemming, a lot less since I medicated, but it's still there. My knee bounces so hard and rapidly that it makes the table shake at dinner time, and that is when I am not stressed but excited because, as a family, we talk about our day, tell jokes, tell stories, etc.
But when I have been under heavy stress, my knee goes crazy. I must stop it mentally and physically when and IF I notice.
Also, at around the 9:00-minute mark, they talk about how she feels, and the interviewer asks questions.
JS pushes her lips together and frowns hard several times.
I do the exact thing when I am trying desperately not to cry. I can see it when she does it, and I tried imaging it was me, and I felt the same thing.
Her eyes are very telling.
The first thing I thought was that she was stoned, but I think it's medication. I am interested in knowing what she was taking.
I know this is not a popular opinion, but I saw something completely different from most of you guys here.
I appreciate your knowledge of ADHD. thank you.

one of the big hmmmm's IMO, is she told the media her last interaction with Madeline was the nite before. but told LE she saw her at 8:am the next morning.

LE provides this update while she was still missing: Sheriff Mina: "detectives determined she was never dropped off on the morning of the 26th near her school. instead, we believe she was already dead at the time and that SS moved her body 'in the early morning hours on that day'. and goes on to state the video evidence and times...which conflicts with JS's 8am.

we dont know what early morning hours means relating to exactly the time it is believed SS moved her body....or from where. we know eventually where she was moved to, which is where she was discovered.

I appreciate your knowledge of ADHD. thank you.

one of the big hmmmm's IMO, is she told the media her last interaction with Madeline was the nite before. but told LE she saw her at 8:am the next morning.

LE provides this update while she was still missing: Sheriff Mina: "detectives determined she was never dropped off on the morning of the 26th near her school. instead, we believe she was already dead at the time and that SS moved her body 'in the early morning hours on that day'. and goes on to state the video evidence and times...which conflicts with JS's 8am.

we dont know what early morning hours means relating to exactly the time it is believed SS moved her body....or from where. we know eventually where she was moved to, which is where she was discovered.
The way I see it, LE has not released a Mod or Cod. I think they are waiting on toxicology.

One of my theories is that he was using 'their' meds against them and using them himself to fall asleep at a stupid time in the morning.
I think he drugged JS and MS. JS was so out of it, that when she woke up, she went to get MS and she wasn't there.
What's not to say she called SS panicking and he began operation #2. Controlling JS's words and actions, using any fears and anxiety against her.
I was also wondering about the meds JS apparently takes that SS allegedly told one of GH's callers about.
And if any meds were prescribed to MS after the alleged autism/ADHD with autism traits diagnoses that MS had.

Just thinking out 'loud', so JMO

The way I see it, LE has not released a Mod or Cod. I think they are waiting on toxicology.

One of my theories is that he was using 'their' meds against them and using them himself to fall asleep at a stupid time in the morning.
I think he drugged JS and MS. JS was so out of it, that when she woke up, she went to get MS and she wasn't there.
What's not to say she called SS panicking and he began operation #2. Controlling JS's words and actions, using any fears and anxiety against her.
I was also wondering about the meds JS apparently takes that SS allegedly told one of GH's callers about.
And if any meds were prescribed to MS after the alleged autism/ADHD with autism traits diagnoses that MS had.

Just thinking out 'loud', so JMO
Law enforcement could truthfully say that they haven't received the report yet, despite already knowing the cause and manner of death. They won't receive a completed report until that toxicology is done, and even then, that doesn't mean they'll necessarily be ready to move (that one attorney estimated it would take between 3-6 months).

I don't think medication factors in here at all. Most of these cases don't involve anything like that, even if medications are around. Also, medication doesn't make you lie to the police about when you last saw your daughter. Following these cases, the parents of a murder child remember precisely when and where they last saw their kid.

All I've seen is a mother trying to protect her boyfriend from a murder charge, which I'm confident will wind up being a choice that will send her to prison. How long that will be will obviously depend on the extent of her involvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hongwuzhiye59