AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same! I see mention of a CPS visit to the home. Can someone please expound on the details if known?
Chris says he's had CPS called on him twice in two different states: New Mexico & Tennessee.

He says Sebastian was going to school one day & Chris noticed he wasn't wearing a belt. Chris says he asked him "where's your belt?" Sebastian went & got his belt & Chris smacked him with it. Sebastian told a teacher when he went to school & the teacher called CPS.

"Sebastian thought that by telling on me, making me sound like I was so horrible, that I was gonna get in trouble over something stupid."

Chris then claims that the CPS worker who showed up took Sebastian outside & told him that he shouldn't be making up stories about people to get them in trouble because "you can get in trouble for that, Sir"

Chris says the CPS worker apologized to him profusely & left.

*Chris starts talking about CPS around the 27:00 mark

Last edited:
Chris says he's had CPS called on him twice in two different states: New Mexico & Tennessee.

He says Sebastian was going to school one day & Chris noticed he wasn't wearing a belt. Chris says he asked him "where's your belt?" Sebastian went & got his belt & Chris smacked him with it. Sebastian told a teacher when he went to school & the teacher called CPS.

"Sebastian thought that by telling on me, making me sound like I was so horrible, that I was gonna get in trouble over something stupid."

Chris then claims that the CPS worker who showed up took Sebastian outside & told him that he shouldn't be making up stories about people to get them in trouble because "you can get in trouble for that, Sir"

Throughout my professional life, I was a counselor/case manager with the DA’s office and school system. Never once have I ever heard of CPS apologizing to parents for following up on suspected child abuse. The case workers are doing their job by gathering data.

I really have a hard time picturing someone running away/ sneaking away without shoes. Even taking away the bad ant experience , going anywhere without shoes is just not practical. Also his phone was left behind did he take it with him all the time?

I really can’t picture anyone running without shoes in the darkness after having supposedly nice weekend out ( dinner,bowling). Imo

Well the teacher did the right thing. It sounds like an abusive household. IMO/JMO.

Another day and no info. I'm feeling like LE is keeping things close to the chest which is great. And I'd hate to think this case will go cold. I'm feeling like unless hunters stumble upon something in the woods, we may never know.
In my area, we lost Tiffany Sessions years ago and she's never been found although LE has pretty much solved her disappearance. Frustrating and sad.

My second theory (this was my original thought the first day but keep I keep wavering) is something bad happened that evening with mom and stepdad came home to the rescue to clean house and get rid of the body. Maybe Sebastian was all hyped up and excited from his outing out. Mom tells him to go to sleep, an argument occurs and she either puts him to sleep with an object or he falls and hit his head. Too much?

Come to think of it, did she ever go to neighbors' houses to ask if they had seen him?
RSBM

I wonder that as well. That's the first thing I would have done--run to the neighbors' homes, bang on their doors and raise a ruckus looking for my child. I would ask them to help look.

They said she drove around and that she was hysterical. That would have come after the on-foot neighborhood search for me. Maybe she did that. I've never heard for sure.

I’ve been following closely but do we know he actually got home after the restaurant? I can’t remember if there was proof he was at home at all that evening. After the Madeline Soto case and not knowing whether she got home after her birthday party I started thinking that maybe Sebastian never got home. I’ve maybe just forgotten a big part of his evening. Mum says what happened at home after the restaurant but what if…? JMO.

I’ve been following closely but do we know he actually got home after the restaurant? I can’t remember if there was proof he was at home at all that evening. After the Madeline Soto case and not knowing whether she got home after her birthday party I started thinking that maybe Sebastian never got home. I’ve maybe just forgotten a big part of his evening. Mum says what happened at home after the restaurant but what if…? JMO.
That's why I have thought that public videos were requested for Sunday afternoon.

This has been my thought the last couple days as well. There’s proof from dinner, but is there anything after that?

Couple of observations.

Mom saying she couldn't believe he walked out the door.

I think that's an actual event.

Exerting himself.

As a response to some kind of parenting overlordship.

Maybe he didn't go to a neighbor's because he had no shoes and not enough clothing?

Maybe he'd been forced to throw away all the clothes on his bedroom floor.

Stepdad found the belt to be funny. I get the feeling he thinks corporal punishment is superior parenting. Found the CPS check laughable. Yeah, CPS wasn't laughing or apologizing. But you know who probably paid for that? Sebastian. Guessing CP wouldn't take too kindly to being reported, and over something he justifies every day of the week and twice on whatever day Sebastion goes missing.

IMO whatever happened, it escalated when Sebastiin walked out the door.

Was mom pushed to lock him out, in order to teach him a Proudfoot lesson?

Gonna go out on a limb here. Sebastian, by all accounts, had a very busy, full day. Given his unique constellation of challenges, he was probably exhausted with peopling and expected behavioring and would have needed a great deal of decompression. Anyone expecting compliance at that point isn't paying attention.

JMO

*Chris starts talking about CPS around the 27:00 mark
Screenshot 2024-03-30 155948.png

JMOO

Kids with ASD can be rigid. If Mom told him to stay out there, he might not try to come back in.
This could be true, but wouldn’t that also mean that if his mom told him to stay out, he would have still been out there?

barring someone grabbing him, which I don’t think happened, I feel like that would work both ways.

This could be true, but wouldn’t that also mean that if his mom told him to stay out, he would have still been out there?

barring someone grabbing him, which I don’t think happened, I feel like that would work both ways.
Yes I think so too. Unless he was cold and wandered to find someplace warm. Too afraid to go back in the house. I don't think he was abducted MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member