AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be clear, I am not suggesting that he is staying away purposefully, only trying to speculate on how wide the search area might be if some harm, accidental or otherwise, did befall him.
Edit: There are many possibilities: yes the family could have something to do with it, could be an abduction, but also an accident; like tripping in the woods and breaking his leg or something and not being able to come back, or falling through the ice on a pond, accidentally getting stuck somehow. . .
Yes, they need to consider that he could have taken off, and then as you say had some kind of fall or injury. They had to have been considering this, especially in the first couple of weeks when rescue would still be possible.

My second theory (this was my original thought the first day but keep I keep wavering) is something bad happened that evening with mom and stepdad came home to the rescue to clean house and get rid of the body. Maybe Sebastian was all hyped up and excited from his outing out. Mom tells him to go to sleep, an argument occurs and she either puts him to sleep with an object or he falls and hit his head. Too much?
My only thoughts on that is that we don't know how many security cams LE has found and checked. There were some ring cameras in the area. I don't know if passing traffic will be captured. On ours, it's only activity at the door. We also have cameras facing the front yard but activity must be within a certain distance and doesn't include the road.
I'm sure LE has also subpoenaed phone records which will tell call origin and length of phone calls. If someone is traveling, I don't know if that is identified by the carrier. I hope they also have any toll road records, recordings at local convenience and possible travel stops.
For identifying an abduction, I'm sure LE is checking cell phone towers for any unusual activity nearby. If someone knew that CP was away leaving on Sunday, there would be opportunity but SR would almost have to be in on it. Even little dogs will bark if something is unusual especially if an outer door is opened. They would want to go out or just sound an alarm. The dogs add another barrier of safety IMO.

On the NG interview KP said that the pond was only knee deep. Possibly the interest was his autism diagnosis and his affinity for water which was mentioned.

Yes, but it was also said by one of the parents (can't remember which one) that although he loved to swim, it had to be in a swimming pool and not a lake or anything like that because he hated being dirty.

In my notes from the Dutchess 2nd interview that after school SR would do his chores, homework, have dinner, shower around 7ish and in bed by 9.
No shower mentioned on the Sunday night before he was discovered missing.

Not that it means anything. I'm just putting it out there.

I myself do not believe that Sebastian left the house voluntarily. If you listen to the dispatch call, LE was on the scene and meticulously going door to door gathering home security footage from every home in the vicinity, not just on the Proudfoots' street, and there seemed to be a lot of them. Nothing. Not even a hint of anything that might have been Sebastian.

Plus no dog hits.

Plus the idea that someone who hated being dirty would go out with no shoes to walk in brush, dirt, mud, who knows what else.

It defies common sense.

One of these things is not like the other. Thoughts?

Smiley Interview. Around 1:06.

Nancy Grace Interview. Around 25:00.

I'm bumping my own post for those here today who were inquiring about the CPS reports. You can listen for yourself what CP says and how contradictory his accounts are. Hope this is helpful.

I myself do not believe that Sebastian left the house voluntarily. If you listen to the dispatch call, LE was on the scene and meticulously going door to door gathering home security footage from every home in the vicinity, not just on the Proudfoots' street, and there seemed to be a lot of them. Nothing. Not even a hint of anything that might have been Sebastian.

Plus no dog hits.

Plus the idea that someone who hated being dirty would go out with no shoes to walk in brush, dirt, mud, who knows what else.

It defies common sense.
His biological Dad has stated emphatically that he doesn’t believe he would walk off, especially without shoes.

My only thoughts on that is that we don't know how many security cams LE has found and checked. There were some ring cameras in the area. I don't know if passing traffic will be captured. On ours, it's only activity at the door. We also have cameras facing the front yard but activity must be within a certain distance and doesn't include the road.
Snipped by me-

I agree. Ring and Ring-type cameras/doorbells are motion sensitive, require a continuous wi-fi signal, and record only if you are within their "range" to pick up the motion.

You can adjust your range in the settings. I adjusted my own to a closer range, as it went off hundreds of times a day with every passing vehicle and drove me crazy.

Most people don't have actual surveillance cameras that run 24/7. Those type would be more valuable in these instances.

While I think Sebastian would be picked up on some camera somewhere if he walked away and was out in open areas, if he's trekked through woods or homes with only ring-type cameras that he was out of range of, chances of being seen on camera are greatly lessened.

These cases make you rethink your own security measures sometimes. JMO

Chris says he's had CPS called on him twice in two different states: New Mexico & Tennessee.

He says Sebastian was going to school one day & Chris noticed he wasn't wearing a belt. Chris says he asked him "where's your belt?" Sebastian went & got his belt & Chris smacked him with it. Sebastian told a teacher when he went to school & the teacher called CPS.

"Sebastian thought that by telling on me, making me sound like I was so horrible, that I was gonna get in trouble over something stupid."

Chris then claims that the CPS worker who showed up took Sebastian outside & told him that he shouldn't be making up stories about people to get them in trouble because "you can get in trouble for that, Sir"

Chris says the CPS worker apologized to him profusely & left.

*Chris starts talking about CPS around the 27:00 mark
This account sounds narcissistic. He is also bashing Sebastian, who does that when a kid is missing? If he communicates in a media interview this way, I can’t imagine what it was like in their home. Poor Sebastian!

Do we know how frequently he visited bio dad?

This account sounds narcissistic. He is also bashing Sebastian, who does that when a kid is missing? If he communicates in a media interview this way, I can’t imagine what it was like in their home. Poor Sebastian!

Do we know how frequently he visited bio dad?

I believe every other weekend and during school vacations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Didonexx