AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO. and my speculation. Given Chris’s custody battle to get his daughter, I’m assuming that would be easier without Sebastian in the house because even if he’s great with his stepsister it leaves room to ask like will his behaviors potentially cause stress to her indirectly? Not that I think that would be true. But a custody judge might look at that. It’d be easier to get custody with no other kids in the home I’m guessing.
So maybe they agree to send him to stay somewhere , but if there was already a plan for him to go with Seth why didn’t they just send him to Seth?

My guess is that maybe they sent him somewhere for intensive behavioral training. That is like the only place I can imagine them sending him where he would be (relatively) safe and they wouldn’t have told Seth about it. Like Chris is trying to use strict parenting but it isn’t working so he thinks the next step is like send Sebastian to behavioral boot camp.

Idk that’s just a guess I haven’t seen mentioned. Total speculation and MOO.

JMO. and my speculation. Given Chris’s custody battle to get his daughter, I’m assuming that would be easier without Sebastian in the house because even if he’s great with his stepsister it leaves room to ask like will his behaviors potentially cause stress to her indirectly? Not that I think that would be true. But a custody judge might look at that. It’d be easier to get custody with no other kids in the home I’m guessing.
So maybe they agree to send him to stay somewhere , but if there was already a plan for him to go with Seth why didn’t they just send him to Seth?

My guess is that maybe they sent him somewhere for intensive behavioral training. That is like the only place I can imagine them sending him where he would be (relatively) safe and they wouldn’t have told Seth about it. Like Chris is trying to use strict parenting but it isn’t working so he thinks the next step is like send Sebastian to behavioral boot camp.

Idk that’s just a guess I haven’t seen mentioned. Total speculation and MOO.
I get your thinking and many of us want all of the parents to have not hurt this young man that has captured so many hearts. But, disappearing a child from your home is not going to bring you custody of another. In addition the resources spent on a hoax have criminal and financial consequences.

I get your thinking and many of us want all of the parents to have not hurt this young man that has captured so many hearts. But, disappearing a child from your home is not going to bring you custody of another. In addition the resources spent on a hoax have criminal and financial consequences.
I’m not thinking a hoax so much as needing Sebastian to be away but not wanting to send him to Seth’s for whatever reason; maybe they thought his parenting style was too lenient and wanted to send him to someone who would be more strict.

I see what you mean though, Occam’s razor might point in a more upsetting direction.

So police seem to think that Sebastian is alive? Is that where we are now?

AFAIK, official police haven't made any public statements in weeks.

Which I find incredibly strange. You know the media has to have repeatedly asked what's going on.

Edited to add: Thanks for reminding me, @DeDee. The only thing I recall LE saying officially is something to the effect that there's no evidence it was foul play and there's no evidence it wasn't foul play.

Oh, that clears things right up. LOL

On the NG interview KP said that the pond was only knee deep. Possibly the interest was his autism diagnosis and his affinity for water which was mentioned.
Just an idea....
Could there have been tracks/scents of other people close to Sebastian (leading towards the retention pond) that led LE to drain/investigate this area?

Just a thought....

My guess is that maybe they sent him somewhere for intensive behavioral training. That is like the only place I can imagine them sending him where he would be (relatively) safe and they wouldn’t have told Seth about it.

It wouldn't make sense to think you would be more likely to get custody of your daughter if authorities thought your stepson mysteriously disappeared. If that were the goal, they could have just fast-tracked him moving in with his father. Also if he was at a "boot camp," that would have come out by now. The camp would not keep this secret.

You make some great points. Was a really long phone call typical when CP was away. Is LE sure that CP was where he said he was and for the entire night? Was his phone shut off at any point?
The details about that long phone call interest me. I've watched too much TV because my first thought on this was those particular phones were connected on a "call" in an attempt to establish an alibi.

The details about that long phone call interest me. I've watched too much TV because my first thought on this was those particular phones were connected on a "call" in an attempt to establish an alibi.
With technology these days, they can tell if the phone is being touched, scrolled, moved, etc. They would be able to tell if it sat untouched with an open line as it seems you are thinking for an alibi. This information has not been revealed one way or another by LE at this time.

JMO

With technology these days, they can tell if the phone is being touched, scrolled, moved, etc. They would be able to tell if it sat untouched with an open line as it seems you are thinking for an alibi. This information has not been revealed one way or another by LE at this time.

JMO
Agreed if the police had a warrant and had downloaded the data from their phones. I haven't heard a thing about any warrants other than the one to search the garbage dump.

Mom & Seth have both said all 3 pair are by the door where they leave their shoes. Seth was there Monday morning after getting a call from CP
doesn't everyone have a pile of old or "specialty" shoes in a bin somewhere?
my hiking boots, winter boots, rain boots etc. are all in the basement and no one in my life would be able to remember which would be missing... jmo

I’m not thinking a hoax so much as needing Sebastian to be away but not wanting to send him to Seth’s for whatever reason; maybe they thought his parenting style was too lenient and wanted to send him to someone who would be more strict.

I see what you mean though, Occam’s razor might point in a more upsetting direction.
That would be a great ending--at least for Sebastian.

For his parent's, however, maybe not so much. Can you imagine if the PD slapped them with the bill for all the days of labor spent searching? Plus, all the volunteers would likely tar and feather them.

Still, if it mean Sebastian was safe -- I'd be happy.

doesn't everyone have a pile of old or "specialty" shoes in a bin somewhere?
my hiking boots, winter boots, rain boots etc. are all in the basement and no one in my life would be able to remember which would be missing... jmo
I would think so.

The claim that all his shoes were still at home (in conjunction with not taking his phone, or even a coat on a winter's night) suggests someone snatched the child from his bed. Or, at least that's what someone wants us to think.

JMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member