Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #179

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be shocked if Odin is mentioned at all. IMO the defense used it as red meat to stir up people who either don't have much time to dig, lack critical thinking skills, or just love a good conspiracy theory. It reminds me of PizzaGate, or maybe more like the Sandy Hook crisis actor thing since it is dealing with dead children.
Sergeant Randy Jones, Correctional Officer at Westville Correctional Facility, which is part of the Indiana Department of Correction, affirms and swears to the following:

(4. That I do not practice Odinism and that Norse Paganism Heathenry is my practicing religion.

(5. That I do wear patches on my uniform that identify me as someone who practices Norse Paganism Heathenry.

(6. That I started wearing the patches 6 or 7 months ago and I did not stop wearing my patches until September 22, 2023, when ordered by my command to remove the patches.
IMG_5964.jpeg
Source: Sgt Randy Jones 10/10/2023 Affidavit

John Galipeau, the acting Warden of Westville Correctional Facility, which is part of the Indiana Department of Correction, affirms and swears to the following:

(5. That Correctional Officers at Westville Correctional Facility were allowed to wear any patches on their vests until the allegations made by the Defense in their motion.

(6. That Westville Correctional Facility offers religious services if there are at least 5 individuals that practice the religion in the complex and to date we have not had more than 5 individuals in the complex request to hold services related to Odinism.

(13. That I do not have an agenda or a vested interest in keeping the Defendant incarcerated in a facility that is ripe with connections to Odinism.

(14. That Westville Correctional facility has very few inmates that practice Odinism.

IMG_5963.jpeg
Source: 10/10/2023 Warden Galipeau Affidavit

When you type in “Odinism” in the Wikipedia search bar:
IMG_5971.jpeg
IMG_5967.jpeg
Source: Heathenry (new religious movement) - Wikipedia

FTR, PW said in his interview they practice Asatru, which is also under the Heathenry blanket. Also FTR U.S. Odinism has different connotations than original Odinism.

I’m not saying this has anything to do with the murders, only pointing out it has been mentioned by someone besides the D.

I'll be shocked if Odin is mentioned at all. IMO the defense used it as red meat to stir up people who either don't have much time to dig, lack critical thinking skills, or just love a good conspiracy theory. It reminds me of PizzaGate, or maybe more like the Sandy Hook crisis actor thing since it is dealing with dead children.
The politics seems off - the Vinlanders are supposedly right/extreme, as were the folks that brought us the Sandy Hook crisis actors, and the people that brought us pizzagate.
You don't think there's any chance the defense will call Todd Click to the stand? I would bet my life savings on it.

The answer may lie in the Goldilocks phone. :oops:
Just when you think this case can't get any weirder, that Todd Click testimony is mind-boggling.
Indeed! I can’t wait to see the return on what was on that one!! Holeman thought they could spin it their way. Didn’t need to investigate any further. They had it wrapped up with a nice little bow. Whoops! Shoulda, coulda picked up that phone Jerry :). Finders keepers, losers weepers.

It was the belief of Detective Murphy, Detective Ferency, and I that there was a strong likelihood that there was - that Brad Holder, Patrick Westfall, and Elvis Fields had a strong involvement in the murders of the girls.

Detective Ferency was shot and killed in the line of duty. I wonder what Detective Murphy will have to say.

After Richard Allen was arrested, I was initially kind of shocked and confused. I read the affidavit, the probable cause affidavit for the arrest, and I felt like the investigative information that Detective Ferency, Detective Murphy, and I had compiled was more compelling than what was contained within the probable cause affidavit for Richard Allen's arrest.

Ouch

I was contacted by Mr. Mullins of Mr. McLeland's office and it was mid-August, I believe, of 2023. He wanted to set up a meeting with me and Detective Holeman and asked that I provide all of my investigative materials, which would include police reports, audio/video recordings of interviews, and then they told me that they would sit down with me to go over some of the evidence that they had against Mr. Allen to try and put my mind at ease.
Q: Did they seem interested in your investigative efforts?
A: In my opinion, no.
Q: Well, you said you were there because you were - how is it that you phrased it? - you were concerned?
A: They - part of it was they were going to show me evidence against Mr. Allen to help put my mind at ease.
Q: Did they do that?
A: No, sir.

Seems like I'm not the only person having trust issues with the Delphi investigators.

I was contacted by Mr. Mullins of Mr. McLeland's office and it was mid-August, I believe, of 2023. He wanted to set up a meeting with me and Detective Holeman and asked that I provide all of my investigative materials, which would include police reports, audio/video recordings of interviews, and then they told me that they would sit down with me to go over some of the evidence that they had against Mr. Allen to try and put my mind at ease.
Q: Did they seem interested in your investigative efforts?
A: In my opinion, no.
Q: Well, you said you were there because you were - how is it that you phrased it? - you were concerned?
A: They - part of it was they were going to show me evidence against Mr. Allen to help put my mind at ease.
Q: Did they do that?
A: No, sir.

Seems like I'm not the only person having trust issues with the Delphi investigators.

Why would the prosecutor's office show Mr Click evidence from a live prosecution?

Genuinely wondering. I don't see anything untoward. Indeed i'd be more worried if they had showed him stuff, given his opinion isn't important? It's also good that they heard him out.

This is a nice part to copy paste:

MS. DIENER:
Judge, I renew my objection. The statements made
21 by counsel with regard to Brad Holder not being questioned about Fields, Messer,
22 or the ex-wife is all conjecture as to whether that information was even helpful
23 to police. Again, these people are not on the inside of this investigation and
24 they're making an evaluation from the outside and then transposing what Mr
25 Click knows from reviewing interviews that have been provided in Defense or

1 through his own investigation and its relevance as to what the law enforcement
2 [agencies knew in 2017 with regard to the interview of Brad Holder on February
3 17of2o17, and the time period between then and when the interview recording
4 was lost. It's a very specific timeframe. It's their motion. I don't understand
5 why we're so far beyond it -

Why would the prosecutor's office show Mr Click evidence from a live prosecution?

Genuinely wondering. I don't see anything untoward. Indeed i'd be more worried if they had showed him stuff, given his opinion isn't important? It's also good that they heard him out.
yea he isn't privy to any of this information and it's too bad him and his friend's theory didn't resolve in a capture.

I agree.

That voice recording was released for someone that knew him well to be able to hear it and come forward if they recognize the voice. They wanted someone that saw the video of him walking, heard the voice, and then noticed any changes in his appearance or behavior to put it together and call in with a credible tip. I think that would be his wife, daughter, parents, siblings, co-workers, close friends, etc. Not just the random customer that comes in to CVS. I think police were looking for someone that knew him well enough to know he fit many of the boxes.

I also think it's very likely the sound on that recording was muffled because I think by the time he was close enough to be heard saying Down the hill, the phone was either in her pocket or up her jacket sleeve or something so it was hidden from him. That will distort his voice somewhat.

Exactly, agree. It was probably digitally washed and cleaned up very much and in that process it is not a true representation but does give the general cadence and character of the voice.

With the video AND the audio... unless that was just not heard by the right people, hard to believe it was not recognized.

I'll bet his wife or someone questioned him on it and he laughed it off and they believed him.

The man (Jesse Matthew) who murdered both Hannah Graham and Morgan Harrington, was asked by fellow coworkers of his resemblance to the suspect's sketch. He laughed it off but then grew out dreadlocks. That sketch was DEAD ON RINGER for him.

I'm guessing that, at least in Click's mind, it was sort of a LE "you show me yours and I'll show you mine" scenario. It's clear that Click thought they had offered to show him enough to "set his mind at ease." It's also clear that his mind was not... eased.

It's hard to tell from that testimony if they showed it to him and he was unimpressed or if they didn't show it to him at all.

I remain genuinely baffled as to why Baldwin called Click in the motion dismiss proceedings. He will clearly be the centre piece witness at trial, so why give the prosecution a look at his testimony? He never was able to testify to the loss of the Feb 2017 recording, as he was not around then - leading to the exchange with Diener on page 17

MS. DIENER: Judge, this letter refers to his report and it is a letter
3 from 2023, and he indicated that he began his participation in June of 2018,
4 and the rules regarding - the case law regarding a motion to dismiss for
5 [destruction of exculpatory evidence, or even, in the alternative, if it's potentially
6 'useful, determining whether the State acted in bad faith has to do with what was
7 known at the time of the particular item of evidence being missing, lost, or
8 [destroyed. This is far beyond that time period and our argument is that it's not
9 relevant for purposes of this hearing.

yea he isn't privy to any of this information and it's too bad him and his friend's theory didn't resolve in a capture.
He and his "friends" have already garnered more trust from me than anyone prosecuting this case. If they were on the Delphi investigation they would have waited six years to initiate that interview of Elvis

Exactly, agree. It was probably digitally washed and cleaned up very much and in that process it is not a true representation but does give the general cadence and character of the voice.

With the video AND the audio... unless that was just not heard by the right people, hard to believe it was not recognized.

I'll bet his wife or someone questioned him on it and he laughed it off and they believed him.

The man (Jesse Matthew) who murdered both Hannah Graham and Morgan Harrington, was asked by fellow coworkers of his resemblance to the suspect's sketch. He laughed it off but then grew out dreadlocks. That sketch was DEAD ON RINGER for him.
I don’t know the case, but I believe you. Unfortunately, we have two sketches in this case and a whole lot of “word salad” from DC. And worse, the sketches couldn’t be more different! I’ve developed a distaste for word salad. JMO

I don’t know the case, but I believe you. Unfortunately, we have two sketches in this case and a whole lot of “word salad” from DC. And worse, the sketches couldn’t be more different! I’ve developed a distaste for word salad. JMO

The video resembles RA in size and add in confession and him admitting he was there moments before the girls walked across the bridge…

Today's filings
04/01/2024Notice of Exclusion of Confidential Information
Notice of Exclusion of Confidential Information from Public Access
Filed By: Allen, Richard M.
File Stamp: 04/01/2024
04/01/2024Motion Filed
Ex Parte Motion for Public Funding
File Stamp: 04/01/2024
04/01/2024Notice to Court Filed
Defendant's Notice of Submission of Supplemental Exhibit List to the State