AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t see him being taken away to some camp plausible. I really don’t believe that any of these camps would want to be involved in a month long search for someone in their custody. Imagine the legal ramifications of that.

I can’t see him being taken away to some camp plausible. I really don’t believe that any of these camps would want to be involved in a month long search for someone in their custody. Imagine the legal ramifications of that.
Not to mention, I assume most wilderness camps aren't equipped and probably won't accept children with special needs as it's too much of an added liability for them.

Could stepdad have been on the phone with KP while driving home in some kind of vehicle on that night, he made her stay on the phone his whole time home....
I'm thinking more along the lines of CP calling KP (or vice versa) while he was in Memphis, and then leaving his phone off the hook -- set on the counter -- so it would record the long, 3-hour call, while he did something somewhere else.

I'm not saying he disposed of a body. Just all speculation and MOO.

If he had the phone with him -- it would ping to his moving location. But, if two people connect on a call, put their phones on speakerphone and then go about their merry way, the phone only pings in the location were it is.

But, if someone did do that -- I'd hazard a guess that they'd take care of their business in a direction even farther away from Hendersonville--so, in the other direction. It'd be interesting if any street or highway cams picked up a truck matching the description of CP's late-model diesel (the one he couldn't describe to NM) on their security footage.

doesn't everyone have a pile of old or "specialty" shoes in a bin somewhere?
my hiking boots, winter boots, rain boots etc. are all in the basement and no one in my life would be able to remember which would be missing... jmo
Seth answered that KP gets rid of the old when it is replaced with new. And these new shoes were purchased just weeks ago. Tennis shoes by KP & boots by Seth. If he’s anything like my kids were his favorites were ready for the trash and the dress shoes didn’t fit so while we adults may hold on to older pairs just in case, it doesn’t make any sense to hold on to kids shoes once they are too small.

I'm curious as to whether CP really forgot the year of his diesel truck, or whether he just didn't want the description being made public.
In the beginning there were no interviews with local news stations. Then the YT's started and IMO he was all about privacy. Wouldn't answer questions about any security cameras, if the front door was keypad or key entry, and more. It didn't strike me as completely out of left field because you are literally talking to strangers on the internet. What I have always found odd is that they did those interviews in the first place and wouldn't talk to the local news. Just struck me as counterproductive. MOO

Right, and we can’t forget the screens, they are not the ones that go up and down, they have to be pulled out. I don’t know who has ever taken one of those out, but if it’s not taken out right, there would be some kind of damage to it. I’m sure the police checked that.
Those screens are a pain to pull off if you don’t know what you’re doing. They’re really easy to bend leaving a permanent crease in the screen frame.

Also there is mulch and plants under Sebastian’s window, that would leave footprints and possibly a dirt trail away from the house and a mess in his room if someone went in through the window.

I haven’t seen in the pictures of the house if there is a door from the garage. There is a single garage door and a double garage door. But I’m curious about a pedestrian door. Sebastian’s room is on the side of the house closest to the garage IIRC and KP’s is on the other side of the house. If I wanted to leave without being seen I would’ve gone through the garage, if that is possible. Sebastian’s window is on the front, left. (If you are facing the house) His light was noted to go off around 9pm, picked up by a neighbor’s security camera. The paved driveway goes from the street all the way up the side where the garage doors open facing the side of the next door neighbor’s house, not the street. This would make more sense to me if trying to sneak away, unseen & unheard.

Those screens are a pain to pull off if you don’t know what you’re doing. They’re really easy to bend leaving a permanent crease in the screen frame.

Also there is mulch and plants under Sebastian’s window, that would leave footprints and possibly a dirt trail away from the house and a mess in his room if someone went in through the window.

I haven’t seen in the pictures of the house if there is a door from the garage. There is a single garage door and a double garage door. But I’m curious about a pedestrian door. Sebastian’s room is on the side of the house closest to the garage IIRC and KP’s is on the other side of the house. If I wanted to leave without being seen I would’ve gone through the garage, if that is possible. Sebastian’s window is on the front, left. (If you are facing the house) His light was noted to go off around 9pm, picked up by a neighbor’s security camera. The paved driveway goes from the street all the way up the side where the garage doors open facing the side of the next door neighbor’s house, not the street. This would make more sense to me if trying to sneak away, unseen & unheard.
Learned something new from your post! Thanks, wasn't aware of his bedroom light switching off at or around 9pm.

In an interview with The Independent on Monday, the United Cajun Navy’s spokesperson Kevin LaFond said the threats made to the organisation’s memberswere “much louder in volume” than they’d ever known before.

“In fact, we’ve never had the situation occur before,” Mr LaFond said after UCN announced it was stopping its search for the 15-year-old in Hendersonville on Friday.

“No volunteer’s information is ever given out or anything like that, but those folks can certainly arrive on the scene and cause a problem and a ruckus,” he continued.

“We had that situation arise, both with folks again in person and then online, including personalities online that were fanning the flames, which I don’t care to discuss those people by name.”

When asked about the social media activity around Sebastian’s case, Mr LaFond said that “some people go out there to get answers, some go out to get views and likes, you know, and we’re not those people.”

On Monday, SCSO Chief Deputy Eric Craddock issued a statement announcing there will be a complete media update for the public on Tuesday at 11am CST. Included in the announcement was the statement "At this time, we have no new developments to report. However, we understand the importance of keeping the public informed, and we want to assure you that the investigation into Mr. Rogers' disappearance remains ongoing."

On Monday, SCSO Chief Deputy Eric Craddock issued a statement announcing there will be a complete media update for the public on Tuesday at 11am CST. Included in the announcement was the statement "At this time, we have no new developments to report. However, we understand the importance of keeping the public informed, and we want to assure you that the investigation into Mr. Rogers' disappearance remains ongoing."
so they plan to update us with the fact that there are no updates tomorrow but are telling us now there are no new updates. mkay smdh this case is so weird.

so they plan to update us with the fact that there are no updates tomorrow but are telling us now there are no new updates. mkay smdh this case is so weird.
It's probably a 'damned if you, damned if you don't' situation for them. I've seen a bunch of people clamoring for an update, so they probably feel like they have to say something. But if they announce a presser people will assume there's some kind of news and will be upset when it turns out to be a big pile of nothing new. So I suppose it's smarter for them to manage expectations by saying up front that there's no new updates (although it seems a lot like a 'this meeting could have been an email' situation. No need to hold a whole press conference to say nothing when you could say nothing more efficiently in a social media update.

I’m not thinking a hoax so much as needing Sebastian to be away but not wanting to send him to Seth’s for whatever reason; maybe they thought his parenting style was too lenient and wanted to send him to someone who would be more strict.

I see what you mean though, Occam’s razor might point in a more upsetting direction.
In one of the interviews of KP, the reporter asked her about Seth as a parent. I read the transcript then watched the video. KP had nothing but praise for Seth. He spends as much time as possible w/Sebastian. He is involved in all aspects of his life. She said Sebastian isn’t involved in extracurricular activities but if he were Seth would be there. She actually smiled when talking about him. It was nice to see such respect for a divorced parent. I don’t think Sebastian going to live with Seth was a problem and it actually solved the problem of CP not wanting Sebastian around his 7 yr old who he is trying to get full custody of.

I could be mistaken bc this whole mess has me completely confused and frustrated about where Sebastian is, how he got there and why. There are so many possibilities and yet there are pieces missing from every possibility too.

It’s highly plausible that the timeline given by KP, is nonsense. As well as the story of Sebastian going to bed, the thud. CP/KP said he would never runaway, but at this point can we even believe that? All made up to rewrite their narrative perhaps. JMO

Do we know the time the cameras showed KP and Sebastian leaving the steakhouse? And are they captured at any other point on the route home? Do we know the approximate time they arrived home?

Maybe Sebastian had tried run before, CP/KP may not want to own up to it. Cause if a child is belted for simply forgetting to wear a belt, I hate to imagine the consequences for getting caught trying to run away.

Could he had runaway earlier that evening (with his shoes on and phone in his hand)? Then found near the retention pond (accounting for the dog hit) dragged back home, shoes/ phone confiscated. CP was called back to discipline Sebastian. Then something awful happened.
Once complete, CP returned to his work residence in time to settle into the three hour call with KP to get their stories straight for the morning. Finally, at midnight, he told KP to get some sleep and he would see her in the morning. JMO

Was a reason stated for the change?

It all sounds like a pretty normal shared custody arrangement. Kid lives with one parent for the school year, spends alternating weekends with the other parent, and then goes to the other parent for summer and probably vacation weeks. If the exes don't live close enough to each other to make weekends practical, they can negotiate other arrangements.

At least that's how my middlest and his ex work custody for our grandson.

Yes, autistic people can keep secrets and even lie. Shock and horror, I know…

Absolutely

Sadly Sebastian couldn't confide in his dad about CP hitting him. He wasn’t lying, but couldn’t quite tell him the whole truth. I suppose he was scared that it would rock the boat and make his home life more unbearable than it already was.

Sebastian was going to live with Seth.

The end was in sight. How tragic.

Or given that custody is pending on his other child, Sebastian has an accident and they panic and hide him someplace where they think nobody will ever find him. If one child is gone, might as well try to save the relationship with the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kristirobots