AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If CP did not want his daughter and Sebastian together, I am not quite sure how he could petition for custody. I feel like those two living arrangements cannot coexist. Unless I am mistaken, CP spends much time working away from home, so the primary caregiver for the child he wants custody of would be KP? Has CP's ex(s) spoken out publicly?
This whole case troubles me.
I wish they would find him and find him safe (although I can't see that happening after all this time) MOO

Or given that custody is pending on his other child, Sebastian has an accident and they panic and hide him someplace where they think nobody will ever find him. If one child is gone, might as well try to save the relationship with the other?
Like out of state. The stepdad had opportunity to move his body elsewhere. I wonder if there’s anyone he would trust to help him with this final transfer. Or…Maybe someone could have driven to their house to take Sebastian’s body far away to bury or dispose. Who cares enough enough about either to take that risk? I realize a lot of trust would also have to be involved. I just feel like there’s some kind of weird twist that’s gonna come out. Where is Sebastian?

Last edited:
If CP did not want his daughter and Sebastian together, I am not quite sure how he could petition for custody. I feel like those two living arrangements cannot coexist. Unless I am mistaken, CP spends much time working away from home, so the primary caregiver for the child he wants custody of would be KP? Has CP's ex(s) spoken out publicly?
I wish they would find him and find him safe (although I can't see that happening after all this time) MOO
Right, I can't help but wonder how KP felt about giving up primary custody of her only child so she can potentially become the primary caregiver of CP's daughter while he's away for work for weeks at a time. I'm not her and I can't read her mind, but I do believe I would have some ...feelings... about that.

There is a video interview out there. Its about 2 hours and heartbreaking what she has gone through since before that chld was even born. I dont know if can link it but you should find it googling. jmo

I wonder if they could check interstate cameras for a vehicle/tag they might be able to connect up with someone who may have driven there to help cover something up or someone who took him. I sometimes wonder if some kids would be cruel enough to lure him out and have something go too far. He wanted to have friends so badly. My ASD1 son is 10 and has recognized for a few years now that he is 'different' and that he does not have friends. He would give anything to have friends.

I know with Debbie Collier, they were able to pick up her rental on an interstate camera. If they could look at who got on or off the nearest exits between 9-6 or something...might be able to figure something out.

I feel like if he was at some type of wilderness camp etc. the camp would have contacted authorities by now to at least let them know he was safe/where he was at. They could do that without their name being public also, but I doubt they would keep it secret that he was there with all the publicity around this case now.
Right, they could get in a lot of legal trouble. The mother and stepfather too for misleading an investigation and obstruction of justice, and filing a false report. Would any of them have taken the risk?

It’s highly plausible that the timeline given by KP, is nonsense. As well as the story of Sebastian going to bed, the thud. CP/KP said he would never runaway, but at this point can we even believe that? All made up to rewrite their narrative perhaps. JMO

Do we know the time the cameras showed KP and Sebastian leaving the steakhouse? And are they captured at any other point on the route home? Do we know the approximate time they arrived home?

Maybe Sebastian had tried run before, CP/KP may not want to own up to it. Cause if a child is belted for simply forgetting to wear a belt, I hate to imagine the consequences for getting caught trying to run away.

Could he had runaway earlier that evening (with his shoes on and phone in his hand)? Then found near the retention pond (accounting for the dog hit) dragged back home, shoes/ phone confiscated. CP was called back to discipline Sebastian. Then something awful happened.
Once complete, CP returned to his work residence in time to settle into the three hour call with KP to get their stories straight for the morning. Finally, at midnight, he told KP to get some sleep and he would see her in the morning. JMO
Seth wanted proof of life from Sunday, he watched the video of Sebastian & KP leaving dinner outside the restaurant. (CP wasn’t in that video.) LE must know when the video was recorded. Right?

Seth also says that Sebastian has never run before.

I think with all the things KP, Sebastian & 3 relatives did on Sunday the time frame must be fairly accurate, at least up until they arrived home. (They picked up Sebastian’s cousin, met up w/ 2 aunts, went bowling, went shopping & went out for dinner)

With trash pick up done around 5am most ppl are going to be putting their trash out on Sunday. I believe if Sebastian had run, been found and brought home earlier in the evening someone would have seen or heard something. Security cameras would’ve picked up something. There would’ve been multiple foot/shoe prints or signs of a struggle in the dirt at the construction site. There was nothing like that. Or at least the LEO that we heard describing the scene didn’t report any sign of a struggle. And, one thing that has gone back and forth LE said there were no hits by the search dogs.

The light went out in Sebastian’s room around 9pm as seen on a neighbor’s security camera. KP & CP would have to be some criminal masterminds to think of turning off his light at 9 to fit their time line.

I admit, I’m completely stumped by this whole situation, but there are a few things we know or we know LE must know. Trying really hard to keep those things straight.

Re the bolded: Did CP actually say he hit Sebastian with a belt bc he forgot to put on a belt or did he have Sebastian go get the belt bc he wasn’t wearing one, so he could swat him with it over Sebastian misbehaving?

Yes, autistic people can keep secrets and even lie. Shock and horror, I know…
Of course. I just meant is it more unlikely, because we haven't heard from the parents that he was prone to being deceptive, and just yesterday, I read this abstract from Pubmed and the NIH that seems to be saying those on the spectrum are (as a group) less likely to be dishonest.

Here's a snip from the paper...

Remarkably, lying is not a common phenomenon amongst normally intelligent human beings who are on the autism spectrum. They appear to be 'attractively morally innocent' and seem to have an above average moral conscientious objection against deception.

The light went out in Sebastian’s room around 9pm as seen on a neighbor’s security camera. KP & CP would have to be some criminal masterminds to think of turning off his light at 9 to fit their time line.

Snipped for focus. Does anyone have a source to this info? I hadn't heard that and I thought I'd read/listened to just about everything on this case! So I'm wondering if the source has other information I haven't heard yet. Thanks!

Seth wanted proof of life from Sunday, he watched the video of Sebastian & KP leaving dinner outside the restaurant. (CP wasn’t in that video.) LE must know when the video was recorded. Right?

Seth also says that Sebastian has never run before.

I think with all the things KP, Sebastian & 3 relatives did on Sunday the time frame must be fairly accurate, at least up until they arrived home. (They picked up Sebastian’s cousin, met up w/ 2 aunts, went bowling, went shopping & went out for dinner)

With trash pick up done around 5am most ppl are going to be putting their trash out on Sunday. I believe if Sebastian had run, been found and brought home earlier in the evening someone would have seen or heard something. Security cameras would’ve picked up something. There would’ve been multiple foot/shoe prints or signs of a struggle in the dirt at the construction site. There was nothing like that. Or at least the LEO that we heard describing the scene didn’t report any sign of a struggle. And, one thing that has gone back and forth LE said there were no hits by the search dogs.

I admit, I’m completely stumped by this whole situation, but there are a few things we know or we know LE must know. Trying really hard to keep those things straight.

Re the bolded: Did CP actually say he hit Sebastian with a belt bc he forgot to put on a belt or did he have Sebastian go get the belt bc he wasn’t wearing one, so he could swat him with it over Sebastian misbehaving?
Or they weren't thinking about it at all.. I often times go through my house and "shut it down" for the night turning off lights in rooms that were left on by the kids, including my 5 year olds room. She'll fall asleep in my bed, but I will still go in and flip off her light when I'm doing my evening routine. It could have just been habit for KP

Was a reason stated for the change?
They have only said it was a mutual agreement, Sebastian, Seth & KP all agreed to it. Seth had already enrolled Sebastian for school in the fall.

I wish they would address this a little. I guess my being nosy isn’t a good enough reason for them to give details!

My sister in law got divorced when her boy was 4ish, she was the full time parent until his 18th birthday when he moved in full time with his dad. It was a mutual decision they were all happy with. There were no problems it was just time. I think this could be the case with Sebastian except we all now know there are other reasons, the most obvious being CP.

Snipped for focus. Does anyone have a source to this info? I hadn't heard that and I thought I'd read/listened to just about everything on this case! So I'm wondering if the source has other information I haven't heard yet. Thanks!
This might’ve been from the flashlights in the backyard video. It was around that time, came from a neighbors security/doorbell camera. It’s the only time I read it. I wish I had taken notes off of the early reports, I never thought so much time would go by and Sebastian would still be out there somewhere.

"all those cases are closed." All those cases?!? How many times did DCS visit that house? And never notified Sebastian's father that they were investigating something with his son?

This poor boy. :(
Emphasis mine.
It would seem that the other biological parent should have to be notified, as both SR and KP share custody ?
Omo.

We need you to be found Sebastian.

Another article about tomorrow's no new developments to report:

NASHVILLE, Tenn.--The Sumner County Sheriff's Office (SCSO) will be holding an update on missing autistic Hendersonville teen Sebastian Rogers on Tuesday, though the agency does not have any new developments to report.

On Monday, SCSO Chief Deputy Eric Craddock issued a statement announcing there will be a complete media update for the public on Tuesday at 11am CST. Included in the announcement was the statement "At this time, we have no new developments to report. However, we understand the importance of keeping the public informed, and we want to assure you that the investigation into Mr. Rogers' disappearance remains ongoing."

Not much more at link....
:(

Updated Mon, April 1st 2024 at 2:52 PM

1712008680534.png

Snipped and BBM for focus

Agreed they these two aren’t the sharpest tools in the box but switching off lights at 9pm would be an obvious thing to do if I knew a neighbors camera would pick it up. Though wouldn’t that camera also have captured a person climbing in or out of the window even if there were merely faint shadows.

The second bolded part, I’m sure CP said on NG that he belted Sebastian because he wasn’t wearing a belt and lyed about having one on when asked. I’ll go back a try and find it. Does anyone else recall this?

Snipped and BBM for focus

Agreed they these two aren’t the sharpest tools in the box but switching off lights at 9pm would be an obvious thing to do if I knew a neighbors camera would pick it up. Though wouldn’t that camera also have captured a person climbing in or out of the window even if there were merely faint shadows.

The second bolded part, I’m sure CP said on NG that he belted Sebastian because he wasn’t wearing a belt and lyed about having one on when asked. I’ll go back a try and find it. Does anyone else recall this?

I think that was on the Smiley interview.

If you check my posts I posted both of them with time stamps for when the CPS incidents were described in the Smiley interview and in the NG interview. The accounts are very different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat