TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could just be the wording but for me (from PA) if I " let my dog out" it means I opened the door and let my dog out. Walking the dog means a collar/leash kind of out. IMO.
Letting the dog back in could be a vulnerable point if there is no puppy door in a locked door, because the owner might open the door and find a stranger with the dog.

"I think there was some bad information that intended to show that his phone was pinging miles away from where he lived or where he was last seen," Green said. "I think as we've progressed in the last couple weeks and reanalyzed that information and gathered more information from the cell providers, the working theory we have right now is that last ping was probably right either in the complex or out on the street right in front of the complex."
Caleb Harris family doubles reward to $50K, removes deadline

I’m uncertain what Asst Chief Todd’s statement implies. Is he saying the “pinging miles away” was the result of an intentional act to deceive? Or, just that early information was misinterpreted? His use of the word “intended” is what is confusing me.
I know what you mean. It'd make more sense if he said 'tended' rather than 'intended'. Unless he does mean an intentional act to deceive, in which case how would someone be able to do that? To attempt to make it look like it was miles away but LE could figure out it wasn't. That doesn't make sense to me

MOO

"I think there was some bad information that intended to show that his phone was pinging miles away from where he lived or where he was last seen," Green said. "I think as we've progressed in the last couple weeks and reanalyzed that information and gathered more information from the cell providers, the working theory we have right now is that last ping was probably right either in the complex or out on the street right in front of the complex."
Caleb Harris family doubles reward to $50K, removes deadline

I’m uncertain what Asst Chief Todd’s statement implies. Is he saying the “pinging miles away” was the result of an intentional act to deceive? Or, just that early information was misinterpreted? His use of the word “intended” is what is confusing me.
Your link indicates that Caleb's family has doubled the reward to $50 k

So now that the timeline has been clarified that Caleb had requested a contact-less delivery (deliver to the porch) well in advance, now...personally, that rules out a large set of ideas/theories. As in, he didn't go out there with some intention of picking up his order and something happened.

The question is, what did he intend to do?

So now that the timeline has been clarified that Caleb had requested a contact-less delivery (deliver to the porch) well in advance, now...personally, that rules out a large set of ideas/theories. As in, he didn't go out there with some intention of picking up his order and something happened.

The question is, what did he intend to do?
Is there a link for the clarification if was contact less delivery ?

So weird if so, why go out barefoot ?

This is an interview of parents on 3-11,
. . .“We know he’s out there, and looking forward to seeing him again. And he needs to know if he happens to see this that we love him he is not in trouble. The police are not after him. And no matter what happens we love him. And we want him to be here to go fishing, we want him home” . . .

Wait. WTF????

Wait. WTF????

I don't know if this statement also adds to the confusion or not. I just thought I'd include it.

“If there is something you can say to him right now, what would that be?” asked Barajas.

“That we love him, and that he needs to do everything he can do to fight to get out of this situation that he’s in and come home,” said Becky Harris, Caleb’s mother.

I don't know if this statement also adds to the confusion or not. I just thought I'd include it.

“If there is something you can say to him right now, what would that be?” asked Barajas.

“That we love him, and that he needs to do everything he can do to fight to get out of this situation that he’s in and come home,” said Becky Harris, Caleb’s mother.

Thanks. The first time I read it, it didn't really soak through. Maybe it's nothing, but the way it's worded...yikes!

Is there a link for the clarification if was contact less delivery ?

So weird if so, why go out barefoot ?

3:20 a.m.: The UberEats driver delivered Harris' order to his apartment. The order was left outside the front door as Harris had requested.

3:20 a.m.: The UberEats driver delivered Harris' order to his apartment. The order was left outside the front door as Harris had requested.
I wouldn't put a lot into the contactless delivery. It is basically a default setting on UE particularly since covid. It isn't something you would typically change on a day-to-day basis unless you specifically wanted to make a change for some reason. Most people's accounts are set at the leave at door setting all the time. This is my guess. I do still go out and greet the driver from time to time but usually just prefer they leave it and I go grab it when they leave.

I wouldn't put a lot into the contactless delivery. It is basically a default setting on UE particularly since covid. It isn't something you would typically change on a day-to-day basis unless you specifically wanted to make a change for some reason. Most people's accounts are set at the leave at door setting all the time. This is my guess. I do still go out and greet the driver from time to time but usually just prefer they leave it and I go grab it when they leave.
well, for me, this clarifies earlier ideas/theories that he had gone out to personally pick up the food. There was some speculation (even further back) with people wondering if it was gated and he had to go outside to meet the driver, but it turned out, people can go in and out fine.

Something is up/unusual with him saying he was going out to pick up the Uber Eats order but seemingly not in position to do so (IMO). His phone turned off before it got delivered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BJarv