OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused about how a person would be allowed to pick up children if a supervised visit is required. Where were they going to celebrate the child's birthday? Was it going to be just the 4 of them?
MOO

I'm confused about how a person would be allowed to pick up children if a supervised visit is required. Where were they going to celebrate the child's birthday? Was it going to be just the 4 of them?
MOO

From what I am hearing when I look up official news channels is that it was a birthday party she was attending. I'm not sure now she ever was picking up the kids.

MOO
Thinking because Jillian was with Veronica - they would be allowed to take the kids somewhere local to celebrate. Then return them afterwards, JMO.

Here is where I got the supervised visit info. <modsnip: quoted post was snipped> It doesn't sound like Veronica had custody of the children she was going to see.

It's possible one of the people that had custody of the kids was planning on going along as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Digging through the court records to figure out what was going on here. Bio daddy and Veronica had some sort of custody arrangement. First she had full custody, but it had changed to some sort of joint thing possibly.

<modsnip: sleuthing someone not named a POI>

Digging through the court records to figure out what was going on here. Bio daddy and Veronica had some sort of custody arrangement. First she had full custody, but it had changed to some sort of joint thing possibly.

<modsnip: sleuthing someone not named a POI>

<modsnip> I'm seeing that motions were put in place to provide a guardian. It could be possible that the kids were currently with foster parents.

I hope these women are safe. A custody battle can bring out the worst in people. You have people that want to protect children or keep them in their custody because they love them or are scared of what will happen if they are forced to give children back to parents. A non custodial parent might feel just as strongly about their child or children and will do what is required to get their kids back. LE needs to look at the custody situation and see if a visit was used as a set up or if it’s completely unrelated? Is there any reason someone would want to harm the preachers wife? This is scary.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
That court record was chock full of 'details, if anyone cares to read it all. Good gosh what a protracted legal battle!! I'm 100% sure their disappearance will be linked back to the other bio-parent and/or someone operating on his behalf. JMO, but this is one of those "I'm going to win at any cost" cases - to include erasing the opponent, so to speak.

How sad for both Veronica and Jilian's kids, families and thier communities. Senseless!!

I guess I don't understand why Veronica would need to have her visit supervised. Isn't that typically required by court order when there's been abuse or neglect or can the custodial parent just demand it.
If they were attending a party there'd be plenty of people there so it's just confusing to me. MOO

<modsnip> I'm seeing that motions were put in place to provide a guardian. It could be possible that the kids were currently with foster parents.
<modsnip> It looks like the paternal grandmother had guardianship over the kids. Who knows how their daily life looked, he could have been pretty active in their life without full custody if his mother allowed.

I guess I don't understand why Veronica would need to have her visit supervised. Isn't that typically required by court order when there's been abuse or neglect or can the custodial parent just demand it.
If they were attending a party there'd be plenty if people there so it's just confusing to me. MOO
I don't think they were attending a party. They were going to get the kids and leave to celebrate a birthday and then would be brigning them back to the guardian (paternal grandmother).

Sometimes when parents live far apart or in rural areas, they will designate a mile marker or other unique feature along a specific road as the meeting place for parenting time exchanges. Wonder if that was the arrangement for this (apparently) Easter holiday exchange.
For custody exchanges aren’t things usually done at a specific place. Idk. I know people who had parents visit them at a place called the visitation station when the parents had a history of abuse. In a less restrictive custody agreement you might have meet somewhere neutral but usually you wouldn’t hand kids off in the middle of no where. A shopping center, fast food place, anywhere that is kind of public. Some people meet up at a relative or friend’s house instead of being watched at a visitation station. It depends on the relationship between the mother and the guardians of her children.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
There was a hearing coming up in a couple weeks, and I wonder if one party was expecting it not to go well…

MOO but I saw appointment of a guardian ad litem which is different than a guardian. It’s an attorney to represent the needs and best interests of the child. IANAL

For custody exchanges aren’t things usually done at a specific place. Idk. I know people who had parents visit them at a place called the visitation station when the parents had a history of abuse. In a less restrictive custody agreement you might have meet somewhere neutral but usually you wouldn’t hand kids off in the middle of no where. A shopping center, fast food place, anywhere that is kind of public. Some people meet up at a relative or friend’s house instead of being watched at a visitation station. It depends on the relationship between the mother and the guardians of her children.
Are you thinking they were meeting at the location the car was found? If so, I don’t think that was the case. Media stories say they never made it to the pick up destination.

Yes it's pretty clear that they didn't get to their destination. The destination would have either been a house or a public place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simwolves