OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO but I saw appointment of a guardian ad litem which is different than a guardian. It’s an attorney to represent the needs and best interests of the child. IANAL
That’s correct. But let’s say the custodial parent was unable to care for the kids due to being in legal trouble and obligations that came as a consequence. His family may have taken them in temporarily. Formally or informally. Have no idea, just throwing out a possibility.

Since it's such a rural area, and traffic is so minimal and there's no surveillance, I wonder if they are checking surveillance where it does exist, just in case. For example if any vehicles that belong to the family, or persons known to the family, were seen leaving the area during that time frame....maybe in directions they normally would not travel. Long shot I guess.
Just thinking aloud.

That’s correct. But let’s say the custodial parent was unable to care for the kids due to being in legal trouble and obligations that came as a consequence. His family may have taken them in temporarily. Formally or informally. Have no idea, just throwing out a possibility.

That's generally the reason guardians are appointed. When it is decided that the parents aren't able to properly care for them.

Since it's such a rural area, and traffic is so minimal and there's no surveillance, I wonder if they are checking surveillance where it does exist, just in case. For example if any vehicles that belong to the family, or persons known to the family, were seen leaving the area during that time frame....maybe in directions they normally would not travel. Long shot I guess.
Just thinking aloud.

I think it's far more likely it's someone/someone's they came across on the trip there.

Yes, agreed. But whoever harmed them also took them away, or someone did.

Which is why they should look at footage from the gas stations/rest stops along the way. See if they had interactions with anyone. It's far more likely it was someone they came across when they stopped then someone deciding to just run them off the road on a highway.

MOO but I saw appointment of a guardian ad litem which is different than a guardian. It’s an attorney to represent the needs and best interests of the child. IANAL
A guardian ad litem is not always an attorney. It can be any neutral third party, such as a social worker, mental health professional, etc. I served as a guardian ad litem in the courts in WA, and I am not an attorney.

Yes, agreed. But whoever harmed them also took them away, or someone did.
Hopefully a MSM source will reveal details on the condition the car was found in. <modsnip>

If they were harmed in the vehicle at the location it was found, why take them away? It sort of makes more sense they were harmed elsewhere and the car was dumped at a different location.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully a MSM source will reveal details on the condition the car was found in. I’m seeing things from people close to the women, but nothing that can be brought here.

If they were harmed in the vehicle at the location it was found, why take them away? Trying to make sense of the details we know so far.

It will be on to see what kind of condition the car is in. It is possible it broke down on the trip (and some people underestimate how far they can go until the next time they hit a gas station as well). It would be possible they ran into car trouble and were taken at that point.

Which is why they should look at footage from the gas stations/rest stops along the way. See if they had interactions with anyone. It's far more likely it was someone they came across when they stopped then someone deciding to just run them off the road on a highway.
I'm not suggested they were run off the highway by some random person. I think the women's disappearance is related to the custody issues and upcoming court case.

If they were attacked by ambush, and then removed, then, as an example ....<modsnip>

I don't think I'm making myself clear....tired.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not suggested they were run off the highway by some random person. I think the women's disappearance is related to the custody issues and upcoming court case.

If they were attacked by ambush, and then removed, then, as an example ....say an acquaintance of the bio dad or his family, or a relative themself, drove a red pick up. Then that red pick up was seen on surveillance someplace away from that road, and within the time frame coming from the direction of that road. Then it's seen driving in some direction not normally travelled by that person, that might look suspicious.
Particularly if the person, being related to the family, later tells police if questioned, that he was somewhere else altogether.

I don't think I'm making myself clear....tired.

I don't think we should assume the family was involved until evidence comes around that makes it look like they were involved. Western Kansas and The Panhandle section of Oklahoma is some of the most rural areas in the country outside of some national parks. Two young women on the road alone together would make an easy target for someone.

No, but it should give you an idea where to start. The question I always ask is “who stands to gain here?”

A motive couldn’t possibly be more clear. The status quo was in great jeopardy of being upended.

Sure start there. But don't spend too much time focusing on the family because given the circumstances the chances are far more likely it was a stranger who came across them during the trip.

I don't think we should assume the family was involved until evidence comes around that makes it look like they were involved. Western Kansas and The Panhandle section of Oklahoma is some of the most rural areas in the country outside of some national parks. Two young women on the road alone together would make an easy target for someone.
Understood. That's always a possibility.
As you mentioned, check if the women had any interactions at rest stops etc. Though, from what I understood, their travel distance wasn't far....I believe less than an hour.

Are you thinking they were meeting at the location the car was found? If so, I don’t think that was the case. Media stories say they never made it to the pick up destination.
No I don’t think they met up where the car was found. I was replying to a comment about using mile markers as a meet up spot. It doesn’t mean someone couldn’t have told them to go to a location that could have been a set up. I hope that isn’t the case.

Source: Mom, preacher's wife picking up young kids for birthday party when they vanished​

View attachment 494314

GUYMON, Oklahoma (KVII) — A mother and a preacher's wife were picking up young kids for a birthday party when they vanished, according to a source.

27-year-old Veronica Butler and 39-year-old Jillian Kelley were reported missing Saturday.

A person close to Butler, who asked to remain anonymous, told ABC 7 that Butler was supposed to pick up her 6-year-old daughter and 8-year-old son in Eva, Oklahoma to celebrate her daughter's birthday.

Kelley, who is the wife of a preacher, traveled with her from Elkhart, Kansas.

But the 16 mile trip ended three miles short.

According to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, their car was found abandoned near Highway 95 and Road L, about three miles north of Eva.

Oh those poor kids :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member