NE NE - Tyler Goodrich, 35, left his house to go on a run, Lincoln, 3 Nov 2023

Despite the lack of evidence, the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office has continued to explore all possible angles, including asking Tyler’s husband, Marshall Vogel, to submit to a polygraph test. Both Vogel’s attorney, Sandford Pollack, and the sheriff’s office confirmed that the results indicated no deception on Vogel’s part.

In a statement, Pollack emphasized, “Marshall Vogel continues to cooperate fully with law enforcement.” When asked, Chief Deputy Ben Houchin agreed that Vogel has been fully cooperative.

Vogel is the last person known to have seen Goodrich. Surveillance video appeared to show Goodrich leaving their home the day he was reported missing.

Missing Poster for Tyler Goodrich

Just want to state, generally and for everyone's info not directed at any certain person as I appreciate the discussion, that the vibe in this thread about DV is different than missing women with potential DV situations. Men are often victims as well and less likely to report, and studies amongst same sex relationships document the following:

Because the majority of the domestic violence awareness movement has focused on heterosexual relationships, members of the LGBTQ community have been largely left out of the movement. However, recent research shows that LGBTQ members fall victim to domestic violence at equal or even higher rates compared to their heterosexual counterparts.

Among male same-sex couples, socioeconomic status, attachment orientation, HIV status, and public outness, and internalized homophobia show a relationship with intimate partner violence in gay men.[21][22]

Yes, DV occurs in LGBTQ relationships as well as heterosexual relationships.

In the case of Tyler and his partner, there was a call made alleging an incident took place. LE fully investigated, searched and talked to witnesses and saw no signs of violence, either at the home or on the alleged victim. Because Tyler wasn't there, they were not able to see if he showed any injuries. He has not been interviewed but LE and his employer said he's not in any trouble.

Tyler's partner reported that their marriage was ending.

In heterosexual relationships with DV, when a female partner is missing, the partner often claims they just left to go to the store or take a walk to cool off. In many cases, the female partner is found deceased or remains missing for many years and is presumed deceased.

I hope there's some news soon. I feel badly for his family and friends.

If the "Tyler hit by a car" theory is being considered, I'm assuming police have been checking local auto shops to see who needed repairs?

No blood, glass or even car paint chips were found in the area that the scent dogs covered. No broken cell phone found. No obvious tire tracks from someone hitting the brakes (or accelerating). If Tyler was hit, it was further away from the search area, IMO.

If the "Tyler hit by a car" theory is being considered, I'm assuming police have been checking local auto shops to see who needed repairs?

No blood, glass or even car paint chips were found in the area that the scent dogs covered. No broken cell phone found. No obvious tire tracks from someone hitting the brakes (or accelerating). If Tyler was hit, it was further away from the search area, IMO.
Maybe the police has found this kind of evidence but have kept it quiet and we just don't know about it. They could be quietly be building a case in the background. I really hope that Tyler is found. My opinion only is that the husband is not involved and that Tyler was hit by a car and it's somehow been covered up.

Maybe the police has found this kind of evidence but have kept it quiet and we just don't know about it. They could be quietly be building a case in the background. I really hope that Tyler is found. My opinion only is that the husband is not involved and that Tyler was hit by a car and it's somehow been covered up.
I do think this is one of those cases where more is known about Tyler's disappearance, but LE is holding it back to protect the investigation. Tyler's dad seems certain that Tyler is deceased and that he did nothing wrong. That makes me think LE has given him information that brought him to that conclusion. Just speculation, but it's always seemed they knew more that they couldn't say.

After reading back through this entire thread and listening to the podcast, I'm of the opinion that Tyler most likely ran off somewhere that night to self-harm, and he just hasn't been found yet. As a marathon runner, he could have run a really long distance before finding a suitable hiding spot.

I can't imagine any scenario in which his husband would have had the means/motive/opportunity to commit a crime and cover it up, and I really feel for him. He wanted out of the marriage and was ready to file the divorce papers but apparently Tyler didn't feel the same way, and now the husband has been dragged through the mud repeatedly online because he didn't act like the perfect worried spouse. Now instead of getting on with things and working through an amicable divorce and co-parenting their kids, he's stuck in a holding pattern waiting for Tyler to turn up, alive or otherwise. He can't move on with his life the way he wanted to as he's still legally married to a missing man. Can you file for divorce when your spouse is a missing person? I don't know the legal answer to that, but I am sure he would be crucified all over again in the court of public opinion if he tried. So now he's stuck in this marriage he wanted out of, trying to take care of these two poor kids who were already traumatized in their earlier lives and now are suffering again with another lost parent. Poor kids, poor MV, poor everyone who cares about Tyler and must just be beside themselves with worry.

I hope he's found soon, whatever has happened to him, just so everyone can get some answers and maybe some closure.

After reading back through this entire thread and listening to the podcast, I'm of the opinion that Tyler most likely ran off somewhere that night to self-harm, and he just hasn't been found yet. As a marathon runner, he could have run a really long distance before finding a suitable hiding spot.

I can't imagine any scenario in which his husband would have had the means/motive/opportunity to commit a crime and cover it up, and I really feel for him. He wanted out of the marriage and was ready to file the divorce papers but apparently Tyler didn't feel the same way, and now the husband has been dragged through the mud repeatedly online because he didn't act like the perfect worried spouse. Now instead of getting on with things and working through an amicable divorce and co-parenting their kids, he's stuck in a holding pattern waiting for Tyler to turn up, alive or otherwise. He can't move on with his life the way he wanted to as he's still legally married to a missing man. Can you file for divorce when your spouse is a missing person? I don't know the legal answer to that, but I am sure he would be crucified all over again in the court of public opinion if he tried. So now he's stuck in this marriage he wanted out of, trying to take care of these two poor kids who were already traumatized in their earlier lives and now are suffering again with another lost parent. Poor kids, poor MV, poor everyone who cares about Tyler and must just be beside themselves with worry.

I hope he's found soon, whatever has happened to him, just so everyone can get some answers and maybe some closure.

There are divorce and custody procedures for when a spouse cannot be located. Presumably, it’s similar process (possibly identical?) to when a spouse is a missing person. I don’t think it requires a finding that the missing person is legally deceased. I’m guessing there are financial considerations that MV will need to review before making any decisions as well. JMO - family law isn’t my expertise.

In Nebraska, the time period for ruling a missing person as legally deceased is five years. Nebraska Legislature.

confusing because we never hear what the big argument was about or why the two were thinking about divorce- divorce with children.... maybe more than TG wanted to face?
Or more than his partner wanted to face. I have the impression there was an ongoing disagreement unraveling of the relationship. We only know what the partner has told us.

If this were a relationship where woman disappeared after a disagreement with a male partner, it would be viewed differently by most. The surviving male partner would have a lot of explaining to do and the woman would be considered the victim at risk. That’s the way I’m looking at this. Claims of a violent argument with zero evidence to support it. The woman with a busy, productive life with healthy relationships, good social Iife full of scheduled activities, suddenly disappearing late at night, on foot. Husband immediately calls 911, but there’s no evidence of any disagreement. Husband records an alleged argument withe wife, but LE says there was no disagreement, discussion is normal.

People who plan to commit suicide usually don’t take their belongings with them - cell phone, wallet with credit cards, keys, etc.

There are divorce and custody procedures for when a spouse cannot be located. Presumably, it’s similar process (possibly identical?) to when a spouse is a missing person. I don’t think it requires a finding that the missing person is legally deceased. I’m guessing there are financial considerations that MV will need to review before making any decisions as well. JMO - family law isn’t my expertise.

In Nebraska, the time period for ruling a missing person as legally deceased is five years. Nebraska Legislature.
This is just a tangential thought... Did David Miscavige ever officially divorce his missing wife? I'm assuming no, because it's to his advantage for people to believe she is alive and has the power to make her own decisions. Despite being locked away at Gold Base and in my opinion, dead.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdc_fm
Back