OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a result of the missing woman, Yarbrough School, where Butler graduated in 2015, will be operating in a lockdown status Tuesday.

1712147666670.jpeg

Coordinates: 36.7619672°N, -101.9068329°W
Approx. Elevation: 3,547 feet (1,081 meters)
USGS Map Area: Eva
Feature Type: Locale

1712148383968.jpeg
US Topographical Map: Eva Quadrangle

Last edited:
I'd love to know -- but authorities won't even tell us the color/make/model of the vehicle! Nonetheless, although the vehicle was found on a major roadway, its very rural/isolated.

The vehicle they were traveling in was "found abandoned near Highway 95 and Road L, south of Elkhart, Kansas, in rural Texas County," according to the OSBI.

View attachment 494579
The area near the Oklahoma-Kansas border where the vehicle the two women were traveling in was found abandoned on Saturday, according to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation. (Google Maps)

Reportedly, Veronica was driving a blue Kia. It was stated somewhere (possibly one of the News Nation videos) that it is an SUV. MOO

Investigation Continues, Yarbrough School on Lockdown

... Butler’s blue Kia was found abandoned.

APR 3, 2024
A family member informed NewsNation on Wednesday that they’ve been asked to postpone media interviews until authorities tell them to. ...

Last edited:
<modsnip: quoted post was removed> I don't recall. But the phones could have been in the car for the trip OR the women could indeed have disappeared from that location. The phones taken with the car would have added a nice touch . . . Wonder if the phones were found with the car?

Last edited by a moderator:
NewsNation has learned that Butler’s four children may be living with their paternal grandmother, who may have custody.

Paternal grandmother:
Four children?? Jilian has four, but as far as we know, Veronica only has two.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
Yes, it was stated in a video tweeted by NewsNation that the family posted on SM that Veronica's phone last pinged where the vehicle was found. Page 7 of the thread, I think. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
NewsNation has learned that Butler’s four children may be living with their paternal grandmother, who may have custody.

Paternal grandmother:
This NewsNation article references "4 children" but Court documents refer consistently to the presence of '2 children".

Is the article incorrect or are there 4 children?

MOO

Do we know what the relation between these two women were? Are they just friends?
'Suspicious disappearance': Law enforcement searches for 2 women - KAKE
Both women are involved in church communities in Hugoton, Kansas, according to Butler's pastor, Tim Singer, with the Hugoton Assembly of God.

Kelley is the wife of a pastor at Hugoton First Christian Church, according to Singer.

Singer described the two mothers as "acquaintances" and said that they were picking up Butler's children to attend a birthday party when they went missing.

Both women are involved in church communities in Hugoton, Kansas, according to Butler's pastor, Tim Singer, with the Hugoton Assembly of God.

Kelley is the wife of a pastor at Hugoton First Christian Church, according to Singer.

Singer described the two mothers as "acquaintances" and said that they were picking up Butler's children to attend a birthday party when they went missing.
*Remember this connection:

I think the custodial grandmother is the key to locating these 2 women. This will not end well. Just my honest opinion.
Sadly I tend to agree on this. And for some reason, this unfolding story reminds me of the case of Anson ‘Buzz’ Clinton from New London, Connecticut, and that circa 1994 child custody case also involving Beth Ann Carpenter, the lawyer Haiman Clein, and others. Also quite a sad and interesting story as well. MOO

Four children?? Jilian has four, but as far as we know, Veronica only has two.
I wouldn't be surprised if the father has fathered more kids with someone else and/or grandma has custody of another child's kids, which could cause some confusion as to which and how many kids are involved.

But I'm pretty sure Veronica only had the two.

I wouldn't be surprised if the father has fathered more kids with someone else and/or grandma has custody of another child's kids, which could cause some confusion as to which and how many kids are involved.

Yes, I read through the most recent Court docs on the custody matter and they reference only 2 children. Thanks for your POV. The 'overall' file surrounding the "Fathers" family is sizable and haven't read that yet.

Since other info in the article appears to contradict the court documents, I'm guessing the problem is with NewsNation

Custody battles are always messy, dramatic, and in many cases selfish.

Based on what we already have gleaned, I think it’s pretty clear the direction we are headed. LE’s got this.

Are the children still with Grandma?
without an emergency filing (which I'd think is entirely possible) it would appear that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member