OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a result of the missing woman, Yarbrough School, where Butler graduated in 2015, will be operating in a lockdown status Tuesday.

View attachment 494621

Coordinates: 36.7619672°N, -101.9068329°W
Approx. Elevation: 3,547 feet (1,081 meters)
USGS Map Area: Eva
Feature Type: Locale

View attachment 494623
US Topographical Map: Eva Quadrangle

Just looking at that truck in the pic reminds me of how many places and how much ranch equipment would be available to make sure those poor women could never be found. That part reminds me of the Kelsey berreth case. Moo

Four children?? Jilian has four, but as far as we know, Veronica only has two.
*More misinformation?:
Kelley, 39, has five children and runs the kids’ programs at Willow Christian Church, which said in a Facebook post, “Please pray that Jillian and her friend Veronica are safe and that they are found quickly.”

According to reports, Jilian Kelley is the wife of Pastor Heath Kelley who previously served as a Youth Minister in Griswold.

*More misinformation?:
Kelley, 39, has five children and runs the kids’ programs at Willow Christian Church, which said in a Facebook post, “Please pray that Jillian and her friend Veronica are safe and that they are found quickly.”

According to reports, Jilian Kelley is the wife of Pastor Heath Kelley who previously served as a Youth Minister in Griswold.
Certainly looks like we might be in the middle of an information vacuum with no new case news, families not speaking under supposed order of LE, LE not speaking and social media on overdrive with misinformation.

Sadly there is no way to confirm given the lack of formal statement from LE on either of the missing Victims.

One of the prior on air Media reports referenced a family member saying that there was a 'gag order' of some sort in place. The reference wasn't explained and could simply be an informal request by LE to the various family members to 'zip it' until the situation is fully investigated and resolved.

I do wonder whether in OK LE has the ability to 'lock down' Court Documents as seems to now be the case with custody case as they are not accessible at the moment.

MOO

Certainly looks like we might be in the middle of an information vacuum with no new case news, families not speaking under supposed order of LE, LE not speaking and social media on overdrive with misinformation.

Sadly there is no way to confirm given the lack of formal statement from LE on either of the missing Victims.

One of the prior on air Media reports referenced a family member saying that there was a 'gag order' of some sort in place. The reference wasn't explained and could simply be an informal request by LE to the various family members to 'zip it' until the situation is fully investigated and resolved.

I do wonder whether in OK LE has the ability to 'lock down' Court Documents as seems to now be the case with custody case as they are not accessible at the moment.

MOO
Kinda speaks volumes doesn’t it?

One day they’re public then one of the participants in the custody battle disappears along with an associate/friend/supervisor and then poof! Now they’re locked down.

Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to start seeing where this is going and perhaps what may have happened and why.

It might be the only thing left to discover is who?

MOO

Large local newspaper is covering the disappearance - no new news but hopefully they will step up the coverage:

Information for tips:

"The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said Sunday that they were called in to investigate the “suspicious disappearance” of 27-year-old Veronica Butler and 39-year-old Jilian Kelley, who have not been since the weekend."

"Officers found the vehicle they were last seen in abandoned near “Highway 95 and Road L which is south of Elkhart, Kansas in rural Texas County, [Oklahoma],” according to the agency".

"Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation by phone at 1-800-522-8017 or via email at tips@osbi.ok.gov".

"The investigation into their disappearance “remains ongoing.”

Kinda speaks volumes doesn’t it?

One day they’re public then one of the participants in the custody battle disappears along with an associate/friend/supervisor and then poof! Now they’re locked down.

Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to start seeing where this is going and perhaps what may have happened and why.

It might be the only thing left to discover is who?

MOO
Yes, all roads logically seem to lead to one place that cannot be discussed absent MSM corroboration or LE statement but I strongly suspect you are correct that we sadly won't see any surprises here as the parties involved are quite clearly known.
MOO

MOO
Perhaps someone who regularly works with the court documents can give us some insight. While the custody case files have been locked down, are they the only ones in this same court? Can other documents be accessed as usual?

My thinking on that is perhaps the servers were overwhelmed with traffic. What is it called when a server goes down due to heavy traffic? memory not working.

If traffic has indeed shut down the server, it seems logical to me the court may have instituted an emergency measure, locking certain files. I'm guessing losing a server or maybe more would hinder the work throughout the courthouse.

I admit I have no idea how such files are even set up and whether an entire courthouse would use the same server(s) or each office and court have their own. No knowledge here. Just thinking that so many people are interested in a case in a very rural area that likely does not have the Internet resources of big cities. So that if suddenly dozens or even hundreds of extra requests come in, the system can not manage the overload.

That entire article is a *advertiser censored* show. They need to do some corrections.
Frankly I'm not sure how NewsNation is even a viable source of information as imo they typically just 'repost' others articles and sometimes in the past even take information from social media with no sourcing. IDK, think its a 'reader beware' situation with them but MOO only.

MOO
I posted about this yesterday if you want to read it. The short version is no, LE does not have the authority to lock down public court records. Sealing a public court record requires a court order with specific legal findings required by law as to the reasons for sealing the record. Most of the time, individual documents are sealed, not the entire case. What you normally see is that the case is listed online with the docket history, notes on which pleadings are sealed, and the actual motion and court order on sealing those documents.

The appellate record from an appeal in the case is still available online, but the county record of the entire case is gone. This means that the action was taken at the county court clerk level.

I do not believe server issues are at play. The way this happened is entirely abnormal for Oklahoma court records.

Something that I thought about while watching STS cover this case with a fellow Okie…it’s flat out there, so apparently there’s not many places to hide these two women. But surely there are abandoned barns, agricultural buildings? Do we know if there are abandoned oil wells in the area? Grain silos?

TBH this is triggering one of my worst fears, something happening during a visitation (I’m a single mom myself). I’m so anxious about these two women.

Apparently the family believes they're under a "gag order", and not a simple request from LE to not speak to the media, which is unenforceable. Along with that, court files that are supposedly in the public domain have been removed, and the social media platforms of a lot of the paternal family are now vacated, as of yesterday. Who is this effort benefitting? Hm.

I posted about this yesterday if you want to read it. The short version is no, LE does not have the authority to lock down public court records. Sealing a public court record requires a court order with specific legal findings required by law as to the reasons for sealing the record. Most of the time, individual documents are sealed, not the entire case. What you normally see is that the case is listed online with the docket history, notes on which pleadings are sealed, and the actual motion and court order on sealing those documents.

The appellate record from an appeal in the case is still available online, but the county record of the entire case is gone. This means that the action was taken at the county court clerk level.

I do not believe server issues are at play. The way this happened is entirely abnormal for Oklahoma court records.
I was able to read everything just an hour ago??? I haven't tried again to see if I can't, but everything was available just not very long ago at all.

Something that I thought about while watching STS cover this case with a fellow Okie…it’s flat out there, so apparently there’s not many places to hide these two women. But surely there are abandoned barns, agricultural buildings? Do we know if there are abandoned oil wells in the area? Grain silos?

TBH this is triggering one of my worst fears, something happening during a visitation (I’m a single mom myself). I’m so anxious about these two women.
There are multiple well sites right in the vicinity of where the car was found.1712158876828.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member